Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycle cebtre

• 13-11-2020 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭

Hi

My local recycle centre has different charges.
    15 Euro per boot load. 25 Euro per car load or 0.24 cent a kilo.

I have a load of old duvets and pillows I need to get rid of. Like really old. They weigh very little. Let’s say 20kg in total. If I load up the boot or even the car with these, the cost will come to 4.80.

Does anyone know if I can choose to pay via kg versus per car?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Sometimes animal welfare shelters take in old duvets. I suspect supply far outweighs demand but maybe if there's one in your area, give them a shout first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭obi604

Sometimes animal welfare shelters take in old duvets. I suspect supply far outweighs demand but maybe if there's one in your area, give them a shout first.

Tried that. As you say, big supply, they are inundated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Call them and ask. If they say you must pay for a car load, then walk in with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Just ring and ask them? Probably would be a fixed price if its black bin. No centre is taking any clothing or fabric for recycling currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭obi604

Lantus wrote: »
    Just ring and ask them? Probably would be a fixed price if its black bin. No centre is taking any clothing or fabric for recycling currently.

Does this mean no duvets or pillows?

• Advertisement
Advertisement