Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo tournament on CPSII!

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cleared SSFT2X there, though needed to continue just once...I fear that's as close as I'll realistically get given how tough Akuma is (I've yet to 'unlock' him since last time). The four bosses are handy enough in the game. Will try a little longer, but clearing that game on two credits is for me, an achievement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

This thread inspired to return to Super Turbo on me Dreamcast, having not touched in, at least, a year. To say I'm rusty would be generous. The clutch counters and allowable damage once taken for granted has now given way to 'please, sir, stop punching me long enough so I can hockey a weak-arse fireball".

Still a lovely port, mind. Especially in light of how utterly they borked it on the PS2 Capcom Classics.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I honestly don't know how you guys had the patience to finish SSF2T. Arcade mode in that game is specifically designed to make your brain melt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If I recall correctly, it involved a lot of tea and occasionally waking up the missus with a screamed "ah you're f**king messin' now, lads".

I honestly don't know how you guys had the patience to finish SSF2T. Arcade mode in that game is specifically designed to make your brain melt!

Tell me about it, it's been a long time since a game truly pissed me off the way Super Turbo has. I didn't 1cc it, but I've 2cc'd it...and for me personally, I think that might be enough for me to walk away from it now. Without really investing a lot of time in it, I don't see myself beating Akuma on the first go.

• Advertisement

ST Akuma is one of if not the only (depending on who you ask) SF character banned in any of the mainline games from competitive play. He's simply not built to be beaten. The AI in ST is also ridiculously stringent and effectively cheats.

There's no shame in walking away from that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It'll niggle at you though...:pac:

ST Akuma is one of if not the only (depending on who you ask) SF character banned in any of the mainline games from competitive play. He's simply not built to be beaten. The AI in ST is also ridiculously stringent and effectively cheats.

There's no shame in walking away from that :D

It seriously does cheat, & that's whats infuriating me about the game. Tough games are one thing, but when the AI is actively & obviously ripping you off it's an entirely different matter :D If Doom is telling me I can hold my head with with 2cc'ing Super Turbo on default arcade settings, that's good enough for me :)
    o1s1n wrote: »
    It'll niggle at you though...:pac:

Ha, up until a few days ago it would have. But the game is so ridiculously cheap in terms of AI, I think 2cc'ing it will do me. It's either that or suffer an embolism

Yay, just beat Akuma - shame it took me about 4 or 5 tries though :o Ok, so on my Street Fighter marathon, here's how things stand:

Street Fighter 2 - 1cc'd on the hardest setting
    Street Fighter 2 CE - 1cc'd on the hardest setting
    Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting - 1cc'd on the hardest setting
    Super Street Fighter 2 - 1cc'd on the hardest setting
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - 2cc'd on default setting, or several credits if facing Akuma

Next up, Hyper Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition. Relikk said it's about as hard as Super Turbo so I won't be expecting to 1cc it, but if I can 2cc it beat Akuma with a few credits I'll be happy...

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yay, just beat Akuma - shame it took me about 4 or 5 tries though :o Ok, so on my Street Fighter marathon, here's how things stand:

Street Fighter 2 - 1cc'd on the hardest setting
    Street Fighter 2 CE - 1cc'd on the hardest setting
    Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting - 1cc'd on the hardest setting
    Super Street Fighter 2 - 1cc'd on the hardest setting
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - 2cc'd on default setting, or several credits if facing Akuma

Next up, Hyper Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition. Relikk said it's about as hard as Super Turbo so I won't be expecting to 1cc it, but if I can 2cc it beat Akuma with a few credits I'll be happy...

Should give the alpha games a go then, AI is a walk in the park in comparison.

• Advertisement

Should give the alpha games a go then, AI is a walk in the park in comparison.

Glad to hear it! I haven't been playing lately at all, will get back into things by next week or so hopefully :)

Advertisement