Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    , and all the decent games were nicked by this guy
    31bonuslevels-17.jpg

We interviewed one of the witnesses of the robbery, he was said to be hopping mad.

1303229-roo.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We interviewed one of the witnesses of the robbery, he was said to be hopping mad.

1303229-roo.jpg

Obviously we need a new kind of cop to deal with this type of crime....
    streets-of-rage003.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

safetyboy wrote: »

So, would our own resident experts be turned to work for them?
    Will their employee discount meant they'll get Fifa 95 for the Megadrive with a hand drawn label in felt tip pen for less than €20?
    Will they ban Retr0 again?
    So
    Many
    Questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Are they going to offer repair services I wonder? What need would they have for a techie otherwise, barring a few small odds & ends every now & again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Are they going to offer repair services I wonder? What need would they have for a techie otherwise, barring a few small odds & ends every now & again?
    They announced that Barcade thing a few months back, so I'm guessing it's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Obviously we need a new kind of cop to deal with this type of crime....
    streets-of-rage003.png
    Grand jury declines to indict police officer involved with fatal carpet bombing of unarmed bystanders
    "It was their fault of being in the way of that Y. Signal guy", says cop

streets-of-rage003.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,275 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Could one apply for said job and then outsource all chassis work to Grandspain? :D

In other news, we report on the dangers of eating chicken that's found under bins and on the floor of telephone boxes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

In other news, we report on the dangers of eating chicken that's found under bins and on the floor of telephone boxes

That may have been me. Dropping rotisserie chickens on a drunken stroll home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^^ I must burn a copy of Snatcher CD & start raking in the cash so....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

eddhorse wrote: »

From the description:

"Please the Photograph for the Item!"

Oddly, that was my reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

One for the R-Type fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yooka-Laylee toybox coming in July. Looking forward to trying it out.

http://www.playtonicgames.com/raising-the-curtain/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Feel free to reply with a slowpoke if it's old news, picked a tee for a friend and prices were reduced so got one for myself.
    Looked up a few things and found a cute Twinnbee tee, the artist is from Ireland
    https://www.teepublic.com/user/slippytee
    I'm probably late to the party though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Feel free to reply with a slowpoke if it's old news, picked a friend and prices were reduced so got one for myself.
    Looked up a few things and found a cute Twinned tee, the artist is from Ireland
    https://www.teepublic.com/user/slippytee
    I'm probably late to the party though.

Nice find, they look fantastic, down to $14 for the next 4hrs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice find, they look fantastic, down to $14 for the next 4hrs too.
    It says in the bio too "all proceeds from the products sold here go to the Irish Heart Foundation."
    He has a Facebook and think is on few other sites, he had an Alex Kidd flag on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

13230325_1102331286490874_1018867611460415137_n_zpsqx7mxcm3.jpg

You using a Retron5?
    Like · Reply · 1 hr
    Yea tbh it's the only way on a good modern tv!!
    Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr
    Looks great!
    Especially with the curve! 👍
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

cryingindian-simpsons-carousel.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

radioactive-man-goggles.jpg

I think it can display scan lines at least?

• Advertisement

You can set the screen to the original ratio and use scanlines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They look gash though. Same as adding fake scanlines with an emulator. Just darkens the picture and still looks blocky.

Well, that's what you get for playing on a glorified android phone/tablet with a cart reader.

Good thing we've all got a Snes then!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

13230325_1102331286490874_1018867611460415137_n_zpsqx7mxcm3.jpg

You using a Retron5?
    Like · Reply · 1 hr
    Yea tbh it's the only way on a good modern tv!!
    Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr
    Looks great!
    Especially with the curve! 👍
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

cryingindian-simpsons-carousel.jpg

I've never seen a more fitting image. :[

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My artwork site is currently offline for those that use it from time to time. I'm trying to sort out something with my hosting provider at the moment that won’t cost me a load of money.

On a related note, I was contacted via the ArcadeArtwork facebook page with an offer to buy the whole lot from me. So, if you want to know how much your site is actually worth, have it taken down for breach of the terms and conditions :)

Steve X2 wrote: »
    My artwork site is currently offline for those that use it from time to time. I'm trying to sort out something with my hosting provider at the moment that won’t cost me a load of money.

On a related note, I was contacted via the ArcadeArtwork facebook page with an offer to buy the whole lot from me. So, if you want to know how much your site is actually worth, have it taken down for breach of the terms and conditions :)
    Is that Muddymusics website?

Is that Muddymusics website?

huh?

Steve X2 wrote: »
    huh?

Ah sorry i thought that was Ollys website from Ukvac/J+ http://www.arcadeartshop.com not someones facebook page.

Ah sorry i thought that was Ollys website from Ukvac/J+ http://www.arcadeartshop.com not someones facebook page.

Ah ok. No nothing to do with that site.
    The site is the one in my signature(but is down at the moment). Facebook linky below.

https://www.facebook.com/arcadeartworkorg/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,275 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That moment where you're on the 1cc run of your life and you get distracted by a bird out the window.

Soldier%20cat_zpshtyrrf2o.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement