Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Does anyone cork city know a good place for retro games the only one i know is cent wise and they charge way to much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know one place it could be centwise as well. They charge silly money for the popular games but the unknows go for a decent price. Had a look through their selection and there wasn't much worth picking up. If it's the one that's a second hand shop with one wall dedicated to games then it's the one I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Ya thats cent wise most of the games are 10 euro but can get most of them online pennys

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Please say Hellfire is still there?
    I was hoping to get in tomorrow or the next day, but I'm preparing for a big interview in work, so ca't make it.
    I just know some bum is going to snatch it away!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was there on saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,284 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just know some bum is going to snatch it away!

/whistles innocently

:D

Nah, you can rest easy, I already have a copy.

Although a second to prop up my coffee table might be useful...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I will find you and go to work with a set of disposable scapels and some pliers...
    Thats to fix the table and take the extra copy of Hellfire you understand, not to de-limb you...

Actually the easiest way to torture a retro gamer is to introduce paper cuts to his/her thumbe, very painful to play games with thumb cuts... :(
    Also, little scalds too, there's a story there, but not for today...

Once played starcraft with a cut on my thumb that I hadn't noticed. After about 5 hours playing it I was wondering why the keyboard was getting sticky so I looked down and saw it covered in blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Once played starcraft with a cut on my thumb that I hadn't noticed. After about 5 hours playing it I was wondering why the keyboard was getting sticky so I looked down and saw it covered in blood!

you would be an action hero in korea

attachment.php?attachmentid=138414&stc=1&d=1291645970

I'm not that hardcore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=138414&stc=1&d=1291645970

I'm not that hardcore.

Thats class :cool::pac: And likely Atavans next tatoo :D

Got my rtype cards for the turbografx today, thanks Stoner.

Anyone know what time RAGE is open tomorrow, heading into town on the morning and want to call in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Anyone know what time RAGE is open tomorrow, heading into town on the morning and want to call in.

The.rage mentioned: "We're open from 11-7 Tuesday through Sunday. Our phone number is 01-677-9495".

As said elsewhere, got in today and got 3 MD games, Hellfire, Wonderboy 3 and Dynamite Headdy, happy with those.
    Will definitely get in again before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Melsheimer

Does that shop sell Gamecube games?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

No, mostly it's Mega Drive, Super Nintendo, N64, NES stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BnChemEng

where is the rage shop located?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

On fade street, which is just off georges street. It's beside the Market bar if you're familiar with that.

Seemed to be closed yesterday, think they are doing repairs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think so after the flood. Hope it opens back up soon!

Master of the Universe

Some interesting auctions here. Seems this guy bought a load of stuff when Acclaim wen't out of business. Most of the games aren't very interesting..but the emails and documents are. I wonder if there's anything cool on any of the discs? I'd love to buy one of the lots but the postage to Ireland is extremely expensive

Data archive -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Data-archive-defunct-video-game-devloper-ACCLAIM-/130473738779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60d7421b

Dreamcast boxart proofs -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Dreamcast-ART-PROOFS-Dev-debug-press-beta-items-/130473743098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60d752fa

Nintendo 64 boxart proofs -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-64-ART-PROOFS-Dev-debug-press-beta-items-/130473745873?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60d75dd1

Gameboy boxart proofs -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Game-Boy-ART-PROOFS-Dev-debug-press-beta-/130473747800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e60d76558

• Registered Users Posts: 6 joekdp

OK, a bit random from the rest of the posts but just looking for a bit of help.
    I have a NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) that I was trying to get working recently. I bought a new 72 pin connector and replaced the old one with it. I keep reading online that this is the solution to none working Nes system......however mine still doesn't work.
    The power comes on, red light stays on, NO FLASHING at all. hooked it up to the tv and all I get is a grey/white solid screen that also does NOT FLASH. I've taken the games apart and given them a really good clean.
    The cables look fine and I reckon it must be a connection problem but everything is sparkling clean or new. Am I missing something?
    Any suggestions or is my system doomed for the bin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

I'd suggest snipping the region pin too, this may be to make it region free, but I found it helped get one non-working NES to work for me regardless. Worth trying either way. And whatever you do, DON'T BIN IT!! Someone would definitely make use of it here!

Here's our resident console genius Enternow's excellent walkthru:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68618714

I think it's time this was stickied here or in the Ninty forum, it gets asked a lot don't y'all think?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

joekdp wrote: »
    OK, a bit random from the rest of the posts but just looking for a bit of help.
    I have a NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) that I was trying to get working recently. I bought a new 72 pin connector and replaced the old one with it. I keep reading online that this is the solution to none working Nes system......however mine still doesn't work.
    The power comes on, red light stays on, NO FLASHING at all. hooked it up to the tv and all I get is a grey/white solid screen that also does NOT FLASH. I've taken the games apart and given them a really good clean.
    The cables look fine and I reckon it must be a connection problem but everything is sparkling clean or new. Am I missing something?
    Any suggestions or is my system doomed for the bin?

I'm not trying to be funny here, but without a working game, how can you be sure the console is properly tuned in ro your tv? One thing you might try is to leave the console on with a game in it, & set your tv on auto-tune. It's prob a dumb suggestion, but hey, it's free :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I had a mario 2 that was exactly the same, constantly on grey screen. the game is dead. i got other games and they all work perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 joekdp

Its defo tuned into the tv. used AV leads on one tv tried RF cable into a different tv. I can see Im tuned to the right spot since the grey screen appears when the NES is turned on and goes blank static when I turn it off so thats not the problem.
    Have tried 3 different games, Mario, wrecking crew & donkey Kong, all with the same outcome.
    Think Ill try snipping the region pin, even though I dont think it'll make a difference as all the games use to work before.
    Anyone think its possible I was sold a dud 72 pin connector?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Could be, i doubt its the region myself i had a US mario\duckhunt before i snipped it and it flashed on and off constantly.

Hopefully I won't be banned for this, but check out my Adverts.ie, selling alot of stuff from PSOne to PS2, DC, Super Nintendo, NES, take a look!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Feckin hell man, seems like every few months you try to flog your collection!

I'd buy that NTSC slimline ps2 if I had the room for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement