Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-05-2019, 21:48   #1
Marmalade90

Gay bars or hangouts in Midlands?

I live in Tullamore and I'm just wondering is there anything like gay bars around the Midlands or is it only for the city and bigger counties/towns?
Advertisement
26-05-2019, 13:32   #2
JupiterKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmalade90 View Post
I live in Tullamore and I'm just wondering is there anything like gay bars around the Midlands or is it only for the city and bigger counties/towns?

I don’t think there are any LGBT bars outside of Dublin, Cork or Galway. The population level in the Midlands probably would’t be enough to support one. I do think it would be nice if a venue opened in Limerick and Waterford to serve their regions.

About a decade ago there was a small group meeting up in Gertie’s Bar in Athlone but I don’t think that’s running any more.
28-05-2019, 12:27   #3
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterKid View Post
I don’t think there are any LGBT bars outside of Dublin, Cork or Galway. The population level in the Midlands probably would’t be enough to support one. I do think it would be nice if a venue opened in Limerick and Waterford to serve their regions.

About a decade ago there was a small group meeting up in Gertie’s Bar in Athlone but I don’t think that’s running any more.
Repeated Limerick and not so repeated Waterford and Kilkenny bars have failed; and Dublin and Cork are massively below its peak number of them also. Era is over (for now anyway)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet