Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-07-2019, 09:24   #1096
Zimmerframe

I use those double walled cups/glasses as I like to keep it hot and usually too lazy to heat the milk. Swirl the initial shot of water to warm the glass.
Coffee and water dials both to max, press 1 cup, add a little milk, that's it.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-07-2019, 09:26   #1097
RebelButtMunch

I've also moved the 'grind dial' inside the bean compartment when I change bean brand. It makes a big difference to the taste.
18-07-2019, 09:45   #1098
stimpson

For anyone looking to improve the taste, you need to identify the problem. It's usually over/under extraction. This is a useful tool for dialling in your beans:

https://baristahustle.com/blog/the-coffee-compass/
(4) thanks from:
18-07-2019, 11:46   #1099
flangemeistro

My one is just over a year old guys and the last 3 days I've noticed lots of loose grounds next to the puc container and all around the brewing unit.

They're not broken pucs either that have hit off the edge and fallen but perfect grounds and a lot of them.

Has anyone experienced this?

I took the brewing unit out and cleaned it and gave the inside a good cleaning but it's still happening.
18-07-2019, 13:06   #1100
Richard Roma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFullBack View Post
It really depends on what you like. I have the coffee dial set to max, water dial a little below half way and I hit to 1 cup option twice and then top up with hot water. Gets me a consistent strong Americano.
Can you pour hot water from this, or do you top up with a kettle?
Advertisement
18-07-2019, 13:30   #1101
stimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Roma View Post
Can you pour hot water from this, or do you top up with a kettle?
If you open the steam wand shout pressing the steam button it will provide hot water, but I prefer to use a kettle for Americanos.
Thanks from:
18-07-2019, 14:01   #1102
snoopsheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flangemeistro View Post
My one is just over a year old guys and the last 3 days I've noticed lots of loose grounds next to the puc container and all around the brewing unit.

They're not broken pucs either that have hit off the edge and fallen but perfect grounds and a lot of them.

Has anyone experienced this?

I took the brewing unit out and cleaned it and gave the inside a good cleaning but it's still happening.
im reading all the flawless reviews and its killing me, this has been happening me ever since i bought it

ive done everything except taken the brew unit apart/changed 'O' rings/relubed, but that looks like my next option
Thanks from:
18-07-2019, 14:30   #1103
stimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopsheep View Post
im reading all the flawless reviews and its killing me, this has been happening me ever since i bought it

ive done everything except taken the brew unit apart/changed 'O' rings/relubed, but that looks like my next option
De Longhi have a support line. Worth giving them a call.

https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/custo...ce/contact-us-
Thanks from:
18-07-2019, 14:32   #1104
snoopsheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpson View Post
De Longhi have a support line. Worth giving them a call.

https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/custo...ce/contact-us-
im working with amazon at present, had called delonghi before but being ROI made it tricky (if im honest i cant remember what the problem was)

thread of many satisfied users has prompted me to attempt to get it sorted again so thanks!
Advertisement
18-07-2019, 14:41   #1105
jam_mac_jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtersSuki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam_mac_jam View Post
Have this machine, can't recommend enough.
Got it today. Love it. Got a really nice cup after a few tries with ok beans so really happy
18-07-2019, 17:04   #1106
Ballyv24

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopsheep View Post

The re-lube step will probably fix it. It might ruin your target ads when you are googling lubricant for a coffee machine .

You could buy a new diffuser kit as well (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000U1OS0C)
Thanks from:
18-07-2019, 17:11   #1107
Nicetrustedcup

Had mine nearly 3 years think I paid 180 euros from the amazon warehouse.

Probably one of the best gadgets I have ever bought get used daily. Makes amazing coffee compared to say a nespresso. Costs barely anything to run

Just a pain in the ass to clean out inside I use a small handhld hover to hover up the grinds.

Prob get about 2 months if not 3 out of a kg bag of coffee I store my beans in the fridge.

But if anyone is ever looking at buying one I will say hands down buy one you won't regret it
Thanks from:
18-07-2019, 17:38   #1108
you2008

Hey
can someone please share the link of how to set up on youtube? got it last year, have not open the box yet ( i no - dont ask me why)
22-07-2019, 10:48   #1109
Hococop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballyv24 View Post
The re-lube step will probably fix it. It might ruin your target ads when you are googling lubricant for a coffee machine .

You could buy a new diffuser kit as well (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000U1OS0C)
Just looking at buying food safe lube to fix mine, someone recommended cooking oil and have a small brush to apply it, just wondering would that work as I don't want to risk it?
22-07-2019, 14:57   #1110
glasso

My personal tips....

Lavazza Rossa is a solid non-"craft roaster" bean option for these imo.

1kg on offer in Tesco periodically for €12. (normally €16). otherwise amazon etc

grinder set to number 3 or a tiny bit less

set the temperature to max (consult manual)

right coffee bean dial to max

left dial to taste for dilution ( I go about 1pm)

have to use the frother wand really to get the full effect imo

run water out of the wand at start after steam light is not flashing anymore as first little bit comes out as water, not steam

after frothing turn steam off and run water for 7 seconds or so to cool down machine for reuse or to turn off

better making all the coffees first then steaming the milk due to this.

a 200 to 300ml stainless steel jug best for the milk frothing

low fat milk froths better than full fat. (that's what coffee shops use)
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion