Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-02-2017, 17:58   #1
recyclops

M and M Direct

Are having a 85% off sale at the moment some good bargains to be found

http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/clear-out?hpmain
Advertisement
21-02-2017, 19:15   #2
celticbhoy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by recyclops View Post
Are having a 85% off sale at the moment some good bargains to be found

http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/clear-out?hpmain
Tbh the site is much like sports direct as in there's always a sale. Take no note of the rrp quoted. Having said that, I find the site excellent in terms of price quality and delivery. Spend over 75 to get free delivery also
Thanks from:
21-02-2017, 20:30   #3
kindalen

Oh dear. I am now much poorer....
22-02-2017, 07:57   #4
SachaJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbhoy27 View Post
Tbh the site is much like sports direct as in there's always a sale. Take no note of the rrp quoted. Having said that, I find the site excellent in terms of price quality and delivery. Spend over 75 to get free delivery also
I agree. It's like Harvey Norman. Every weekend is the "Big Big Sale"......

That said the clothes are cheap and good quality. Recently I was looking for some gear for work. Firetrap polo's for a tenner each and so on. Can't find stuff that cheap in any of the local shops.
22-02-2017, 07:57   #5
LimerickCity

Always order from the UK version of the website at www.mandmdirect.com if spending over £75.
Prices are cheaper than on the .ie version of the website.
Here is an example.
UK website £69.99 (€84)
http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/UJ966/Under-Armour-Mens-Charge-RC-2-Neutral-Running-Shoes-Black-Electric-Blue-Hi-Viz-Yellow
Irish website €90.95
http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/details/UJ966/Under-Armour-Mens-Charge-RC-2-Neutral-Running-Shoes-Black-Electric-Blue-Hi-Viz-Yellow
Advertisement
22-02-2017, 09:14   #6
SQLDBA

^^^^^

The real Bargain Alert is in the comments.
22-02-2017, 10:00   #7
cruhoortwunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimerickCity View Post
Always order from the UK version of the website at www.mandmdirect.com if spending over £75.
Prices are cheaper than on the .ie version of the website.
Here is an example.
UK website £69.99 (€84)
http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/detail...-Hi-Viz-Yellow
Irish website €90.95
http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/details...-Hi-Viz-Yellow
Yep, and use revolut for the best exchange rate
Thanks from:
22-02-2017, 10:21   #8
cruhoortwunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbhoy27 View Post
It's better than sportsdirect though. The problem with sportsdirect/USC is they are Mike Ashley owned, so most of the stuff is the fallen brands that used to be decent, that they bought on the cheap (karrimor, firetrap, donnay, dunlop, lonsdale etc. )
At least Mandm has a better range of brands.
(3) thanks from:
22-02-2017, 10:33   #9
celticbhoy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruhoortwunk View Post
It's better than sportsdirect though. The problem with sportsdirect/USC is they are Mike Ashley owned, so most of the stuff is the fallen brands that used to be decent, that they bought on the cheap (karrimor, firetrap, donnay, dunlop, lonsdale etc. )
At least Mandm has a better range of brands.
I never said it was on a par with sports direct? I said it was like it in that there's always a sale. There's a sports direct thread in which their downfall is well documented.
Advertisement
22-02-2017, 10:50   #10
fdevine

Firetrap is a SportsDirect/Mike Ashley brand as well AFAIK (mostly junk with few exceptions). In my experience sizes & quality are way off the price they usually charge. There's a growing list of SD brands I'm wary of with some, most notably Firetrap, appearing on The Hut/Zavvi/IWOOT, M&MDirect & others.

Have bought from M&MDirect before and never had an issue with quality or delivery. I'd restrict myself to proper branded stuff. Worth noting that in a previous BA thread on M&MDirect there were complaints about some stuff being seconds but not experienced this personally.
22-02-2017, 10:53   #11
Skerries

the three sites I normally check are sportsdirect, mandm and getthelabel which sort me out for the year
22-02-2017, 10:54   #12
theteal

Do people really have good stories of M&M?

I used them once. A pair of football boots and a pair or runners in the one order. In both pairs, one shoe was notably bigger than the other. Also, one of the runners looked a little off shape.

That was enough to convince me they're peddling seconds, sent the order back and will have no dealings with them again.
Thanks from:
22-02-2017, 11:00   #13
SachaJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdevine View Post
Firetrap is a SportsDirect/Mike Ashley brand as well AFAIK (mostly junk with few exceptions). In my experience sizes & quality are way off the price they usually charge. There's a growing list of SD brands I'm wary of with some, most notably Firetrap, appearing on The Hut/Zavvi/IWOOT, M&MDirect & others.

Have bought from M&MDirect before and never had an issue with quality or delivery. I'd restrict myself to proper branded stuff. Worth noting that in a previous BA thread on M&MDirect there were complaints about some stuff being seconds but not experienced this personally.
Yeah I figured Firetrap was somehow a licensed brand or was bought out. Something like McKenzie but still their jocks are lovely!
22-02-2017, 19:58   #14
stryker mcqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theteal View Post
Do people really have good stories of M&M?

I used them once. A pair of football boots and a pair or runners in the one order. In both pairs, one shoe was notably bigger than the other. Also, one of the runners looked a little off shape.

That was enough to convince me they're peddling seconds, sent the order back and will have no dealings with them again.
Only used them once for a pair of runners last November , no complaints , pair of adidas for 35e delivered
22-02-2017, 20:48   #15
Deagol

3 of the official 2015 rugby world cup t-shirts for €7.50 (Canterbury), how could you go wrong!

Bought from them a few times now and no complaints. I got a beautiful Blazer for €42.50, came (mistakenly I'm sure) with a UK price tag on it from a well known shopping chain.. £265!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion