Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dascoin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I know a few trying to push this and I wouldn't buy biscuits off them to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Just watch the videos on Youtube, should tell you enough. Scam to the core.
    5% return per day pyramid scheme with MLM adverts being shilled across Twitter and YT, another one of those.
    Amazed there's an audience for this crap. Where's NigerianPrinceCoin when you need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

It's the way it is linked to actual legitimate entities such as Apple Pay, Visa and Mastercard that amuses me, the whole ruse being to bull**** people with companies they know while they prey on your greed and scam you out of your cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea well gave my advice last week which was buy Ether @400 for your first crypto trade or just play it safe and by Microsoft but they bought the dascoin as it can be used as money and that's why it's going to be huge.

2 crazys gone into some early deal for over 30k, told them to sell within the first 11 minutes as it's probably the only bounce it'll see, but they can't whatever way their after investing they can't sell staight away.

Moon ship is leaving on the 27th of this month apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

2 crazys gone into some early deal for over 30k, told them to sell within the first 11 minutes as it's probably the only bounce it'll see, but they can't whatever way their after investing they can't sell staight away.
    Please tell me they can afford to lose the €30k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Yea well gave my advice last week which was buy Ether @400 for your first crypto trade or just play it safe and by Microsoft but they bought the dascoin as it can be used as money and that's why it's going to be huge.

Moon ship is leaving on the 27th of this month apparently.

I can't believe how many are being suckered into this. Everyone selling it is an absolute scam artist. Paul McCarthy - famous Banner Brokers scammer, Pinakee Naik in the UK - every scam under the sun - Banners Brokers, FuturnNet, My Advertising Pays, Traffic Monsoon - the list goes on. The young McCarthy selling it sounds like he has been groomed by the other 2 and is balls deep at this stage.

I don't know if anyone saw a video about their unique idea to get people to
    "lock away" their coins in a "vault" for 2-5 years with promises of 1000% returns!! Lock 10,000 coins away for 2 years and come away with 110,000 coins! You couldn't make this upo if you tried yet they're all buying it in spades!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

So listed on 3 minor exchanges and price has collapsed...

So listed on 3 minor exchanges and price has collapsed...

Up 55%?

https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/das/usd

Yea found it, that's on ugly looking 24hr chart, buy the dip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

UPiMA8D.png

grindle wrote: »
    UPiMA8D.png

:D

Huge amount of sell orders. With a price like that i think you would be better off buying it now as opposed to paying over the odds for those "exclusive" licences... Regardless, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Please dont take my last post as a recommendation to buy. I still believe it is a MLM scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Dascoin is a spin-off of the collapsed Ponzi-scheme/MLM-scheme OneCoin.

I am surprised this would even be debated on a finance and investment forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

golfman wrote: »
    I can't believe how many are being suckered into this. Everyone selling it is an absolute scam artist. Paul McCarthy...The young McCarthy selling it sounds like he has been groomed by the other 2 and is balls deep at this stage.

Yes, he was one of the early people into Dascoin scam events held in a few hotels a couple of years back, before OneCoin started to get heat from the German police, etc. I believe he is mixed up with some Polish folks who seem to have created the fake blockchain they have running.

Anyway, fools and their money and all that. (I mean surely in the world of Bitcoooonnnneeeccct people can spot a scam).

How are all the dascoiners getting on? Looking through the twitter and the price of it down to 5c it's unbelievable to see people still brainwashed. Concerned how Ireland is getting ripped into it and some of the key promoter's attacked online are based here.

The site is portraying Paul McCarthy as some sort of Irish crypto expert. http://paulmccarthy.io/ireland/

Basically trying to piggyback on the websummit, other Irish success stories.

There is a pic in some videos showing a TED profile. Which anyone can create, but giving the illusion that he is somehow affiliated with the organisation...

But what I found disturbing, is this http://paulmccarthy.io/1000-kids-know-someone-cares-belarus-update/

A group of volunteers fundraised, went to Belarus and gave 45K to people in need there. McCarthy as I understand made a donation. But the way the story is plugged its as if he gave them the full 45K. He also lifted a volunteers video and rebranded it as his own https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpnCMv7g-c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Thread revival!

Doing a bit of reading on Dascoin ATM. Found some paperwork in my father in law's house recently, from earlier in the year, and was suspicious of it. Turns out he invested "a few grand" in this scheme because he was "introduced" to it by someone he knows in Mens' Shed. Typical pyramid terminology/approach, sucking in vulnerable people and fleecing them. We have let him know that his money is toast, that the scheme collapsed etc.

Keith Dalton I hope you weren't in too deep and have been able to recover if it went south on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

There's a crypto currency sub forum that might get you more info.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1814

Sorry to hear that. No doubt there are many more victims.
    Ronan H wrote: »
    Thread revival!

Doing a bit of reading on Dascoin ATM. Found some paperwork in my father in law's house recently, from earlier in the year, and was suspicious of it. Turns out he invested "a few grand" in this scheme because he was "introduced" to it by someone he knows in Mens' Shed. Typical pyramid terminology/approach, sucking in vulnerable people and fleecing them. We have let him know that his money is toast, that the scheme collapsed etc.

Keith Dalton I hope you weren't in too deep and have been able to recover if it went south on you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement