Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-12-2018, 12:26   #106
rossie1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooterblue2 View Post
Well the first thing is to rebalance trade with China you may have missed the "Coach" on the air conditioning factory. He is also running a war with auto trade manuacturers who want to move manufacturing outside the USA and then import the cars back into the US. The stories how 200 North Korean scientists blew themselves up in an "accidental" explosion at a research facility? See how he devoted time and resources to getting Peurto Rico back on its feet? See how Hati is doing since the Clintons and Bono lent a helping hand? See how Al Queda was run out of Raqqua and Allepo in 6 months? Russian and US cooperation. 10 Billion worth of Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia in one contract? That is doing business. You are worried about what colour his hair roots are and a $500 hooker, while he is fixing the economy. You never see that stuff on the front page, its always on pages 6&7 on the inside columns
Trade wars never end well. Probably a reason Dow Jones index was lower last week than same week a year ago.

Carrier thing made headline news and they still moved the jobs to Mexico anyway.

Trump rewarded the car manufacturers with a huge tax cuts which they used to buy back their shares. Gm announcing this week they are closing multiple plants and laying off 15,000 workers.

Are you trying to say Trump killed those scientists. North Korea were undertaking underground nuclear tests in the most seismic region on Earth and the mountain collapsed..that's what happened.

Thousands of people didn't have power in PR nearly a year after hurricane happened https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8379646.html

Russia and us cooperation..give examples

Selling $100 billion of weapons to a regime who murder American based journalists probably isn't an achievement to boast about.

Last edited by rossie1977; 01-12-2018 at 12:30.
Advertisement
01-12-2018, 12:27   #107
The_Kew_Tour

It never amazes me how people are quick to forget.

Same here. He us not the worst now. When Trump is long gone in 30 years they say same about him
Thanks from:
01-12-2018, 12:29   #108
Fr Tod Umptious

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but in recent decades losing a presidential race is the key to long life.

Bush was 94
Cater is 94
Ford was 94
McGovern was 90
Mondale is 90
Dukakis is 85
Poor Nixon died at a youthful 81
01-12-2018, 12:29   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
The first gulf War was only justified in so far as the pupett state of Kuwait was important for the west in terms of energy
It was justified because it was an illegal invasion and the U.N. authorised the war.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...Resolution_678

On Iraq wars you need to believe the opposite of Chris Hitchens.
(2) thanks from:
01-12-2018, 12:38   #110
skooterblue2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
I've read some mental things on this forum over the years but Trump getting Puerto Rico back on it's feet after hurricane Maria surpasses the lot
I never said it was perfect but it is a hell of a lot better than what Haiti looks like after the Clintons brought in Dennis O Brien to rape it properly. My buddy was out there and they are stripping its natural resources like a fire sale.
Advertisement
01-12-2018, 12:45   #111
Cork Boy 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr Tod Umptious View Post
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but in recent decades losing a presidential race is the key to long life.

Bush was 94
Cater is 94
Ford was 94
McGovern was 90
Mondale is 90
Dukakis is 85
Poor Nixon died at a youthful 81
On the other hand Ronald Reagan died at age 93. The exception that proves the rule?
01-12-2018, 12:59   #112
skooterblue2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossie1977 View Post
Trade wars never end well. Probably a reason Dow Jones index was lower last week than same week a year ago.

Carrier thing made headline news and they still moved the jobs to Mexico anyway.

Trump rewarded the car manufacturers with a huge tax cuts which they used to buy back their shares. Gm announcing this week they are closing multiple plants and laying off 15,000 workers.

Are you trying to say Trump killed those scientists. North Korea were undertaking underground nuclear tests in the most seismic region on Earth and the mountain collapsed..that's what happened.

Thousands of people didn't have power in PR nearly a year after hurricane happened https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8379646.html

Russia and us cooperation..give examples

Selling $100 billion of weapons to a regime who murder American based journalists probably isn't an achievement to boast about.
The Stock market was at an all time high last year, still better than anything under Obama.
That was carriers decision to move to Mexico, but in doing so they lost the right to bid for any US government contracts.
Yeah these car manufacturers need to be brought into line but it Government intervention that saved these corrupt CEO's when they should be allowed burn. America is a different style economy where you can crash and burn and restart. The American car manufacturers have been saved once too often by the Government.
I am saying that it is a bit of a co incidence that an accident happened and suddenly the North Koreans are around the negotiating table, when they couldnt be encouraged they by closer allies like China and Russia before.

In Syria, Obama vetoed down 75% of the Air strikes. Within 6 months of office Alleppo and Raqqua are abandoned with hostages taken. Russian cut the supply lines for ISIS to the Front. The American fought the rest of the battle. Nothing scarier than being told there is no water, Ammo and food in that order, guys really lose it when they hear there is no relief either.

Yeah there is a whole infrastructure thing going on with Peurto Rico but it looks a whole lot better than Haiti. Peurto Rico is a second world country. The stories I hear from people on the ground in Haiti about how they are stripping asset and laundering money is unreal. They are at that over 5-6 years since Sandy?

That journalist was a small price to pay in the great scheme of things. If it keeps American families off the poverty line then that is a sacrifice I would be willing to make. Irish politicians have sold out much more for much less. Re: Dell Ireland and Bertie Ahern
01-12-2018, 13:01   #113
skooterblue2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork Boy 53 View Post
On the other hand Ronald Reagan died at age 93. The exception that proves the rule?
Reagan would have lived longer if he hadnt been shot. George Bush was supposed to step in to be President for the second term. Reagan never wanted George Bush as a running mate.
01-12-2018, 14:07   #114

Has Michael D. Higgins come out yet to hail him as a "giant among global leaders"? Or is that kind of rhetoric reserved for deceased dictators?
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-12-2018, 14:13   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dunne View Post
The 'black man' was a bomber. It wasn't racist (you brought up the race of the individual) nor was it ignorant as it was correct.

But you already know this.

It's amazing the lengths that some people will go to get the feeling of misplaced self righteousness that goes along with shouting "racist" at other people.

oblivious to the fact that they are diluting the word racist to such an extent that it starts to mean nothing. Not too long ago, I would have been appalled to have been labeled a racist. These days, it's shorthand for some people to say "you have a different opinion than me and I don't like it".

I'd say actual racists are delighted.
I'm sure you had a point amongst all this right wing rethoric...it may have gotten lost.
01-12-2018, 14:28   #116
Ads by Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Blaylock View Post
I'm sure you had a point amongst all this right wing rethoric...it may have gotten lost.
You called me racist and you call this right wing. You've just proven his point. These words mean absolutely nothing to you.

I say it was you bringing up skin and you called me racist. It's so ridiculous, I'm not sure if you're just a troll.
Thanks from:
01-12-2018, 14:34   #117
WoollyRedHat

I'm sure the people of the ME will send thoughts and prayers to the Bush family.

Or perhaps the family members of those who were killed in the USS Vincennes airline shootown by the US military in 1988 despite posing no threat to them, I'm sure they will mourn for him. George who was Vice President at the time of the mass murder had this to say in response to the `accident ' : After the Vincennes shot down Flight 655, as Fred Kaplan noted in his Slate piece, Vice President George H. W. Bush responded by saying, “I will never apologize for the United States of America—I don’t care what the facts are.” A true patriot indeed. I hope they write that as his epitaph, that must be the allegiance that every US president in modern times swears to, it certainly rings true...
01-12-2018, 14:35   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post
You called me racist and you call this right wing. You've just proven his point. These words mean absolutely nothing to you.

I say it was you bringing up skin and you called me racist. It's so ridiculous, I'm not sure if you're just a troll.
And no mention of the fact you were mocking people with disabilities?!... shameful carry on
01-12-2018, 14:45   #119
Skylinehead
AROOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Blaylock View Post
And no mention of the fact you were mocking people with disabilities?!... shameful carry on
Give it a rest ffs.
(2) thanks from:
01-12-2018, 14:51   #120
the dunne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Blaylock
Point proven. Nothing I said was right wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Blaylock
What's shameful is your blatant trolling and obvious deflection.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion