Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

The only improvement here is that the rain is getting warmer every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭einn32

Dry and overcast all day with sunny breaks in South Cork. I saw Snipe the other day and snow on the Galtees which aren't great signs but grass is definitely growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Here in south west cork. It started raining around 6:30 this evening, and it been pishing ever since. Brought most of my cattle back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,474 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Damp and dreary most of the day, forecast showing much the same for next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

_Brian wrote: »
    Damp and dreary most of the day, forecast showing much the same for next few days.

No drying here today at all a cool northeasterly blowing all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Pissing rain again here. Fcuking ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Like winter today here. Dark cold and wet. Sur it can't last much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,133 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I says wrote: »
    No drying here today at all a cool northeasterly blowing all day
    That feckin NE/E wind is a balls.
    Reading an IFJ article and most Spring crops (barley/oats/wheat etc) have gone well beyond their sowing dates which means straw is going to hard got and probably at a premium price this harvest - that's presuming most of it is saved unlike last harvest.
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/many-spring-crop-options-past-their-optimum-teagasc-362045

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

sea12 wrote: »
    Like winter today here. Dark cold and wet. Sur it can't last much longer

Hmmm thats what was said two months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Weather is ****e here again. No hope of any drying at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

Just looked at forecast and damp weekend and heavy rain on Tuesday next week. So might be may before we dry up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Dozer1

very grey and overcast here again today... ground drying very slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Dozer1 wrote: »
    very grey and overcast here again today... ground drying very slowly

It'll probably be the better for drying slowly, harsh drying weather could turn it into a concrete like stuff that nothing would grow through.
    Never saw ground as wet, clay is just like mud here, we've ewes on two day paddocks......never had to do that before, ground was getting mucky before they grazed it so we sub divided the paddocks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Drizzling all morning. Cows still in and no heed in going out either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Dry down here but fairly overcast, tis 10degrees but it feels much colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Grey, grey, grey and did I mention it is grey (and quite cold too).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭High bike

Best day for a long time here 12% and a bit of sun for a few hrs too amazing how much land dried out in the last couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lovely morning here, if a bit breezy, but rain started just now from the SW and the cows returning to the yard again.

At this stage, the cows will have to stay out by day anyway as reserves are almost gone. I will have to cut back on silage and introduce straw and increase the ration now.

Is it 2019 yet?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Lovely morning here, if a bit breezy, but rain started just now from the SW and the cows returning to the yard again.

At this stage, the cows will have to stay out by day anyway as reserves are almost gone. I will have to cut back on silage and introduce straw and increase the ration now.

Is it 2019 yet?:(

Oh you wouldn't want it to be 2019 yet.

That's the year that the Shannon freezes over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HughCassidy

Got a lot of ploughing done yesterday , Friday afternoon, its like the old saying one step forward two steps backward if it does not clear up this week spring crops will be a none starter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Oh you wouldn't want it to be 2019 yet.

That's the year that the Shannon freezes over.

We'll feed the frozen fish to the cattle

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

1st calver after getting a bad fall of a bulling cow on concrete grooved slats. Shes not putting any weight on her front left leg. Could it be a dislocated shoulder? Whats the advice to rectify this. I don't know can a vet do much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

degetme wrote: »
    1st calver after getting a bad fall of a bulling cow on concrete grooved slats. Shes not putting any weight on her front left leg. Could it be a dislocated shoulder? Whats the advice to rectify this. I don't know can a vet do much

Could be out, watch her a while and see if there's any action in it or just hanging there. What area are you in so we can find a bonesetter for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

Could be out, watch her a while and see if there's any action in it or just hanging there. What area are you in so we can find a bonesetter for you.

Ya shes just hanging her front leg. South Limerick north cork south tipp area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

degetme wrote: »
    Ya shes just hanging her front leg. South Limerick north cork south tipp area.

Pat Costello- Moate 086 3453868 & 0906 481540
    Daniel O Neill - Myshall- (059)9157636
    Ger Costello not a clue where from, maybe galway- 0876302915
    Mick Woods- Leitrim/Cavan but will travel(Calves or quiet stock only) 0862733627

There's more around but since i lost my old phone i've not got the numbers any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Wet and windy again today, six months on from Ophelia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Not great at the min.... Surely we'll have a humdinger of a summer.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Very wild out this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Spitting rain here a lot of the day just started to get a bit heavier now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Was a lovely morning but like winter now. Really windy

Advertisement