Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Otherkin announce split

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Some of my favorite ever gigs have being courtesy of Otherkin.
    I think people didn't take all that well to the electro tinged rock but they have definitely left their mark on the Irish music with OK, a great album.
    They will be sorely missed but they have promised some farewell gigs.
    Long Live the 'Kin

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

This has come as a real shock.

Not to me, and this will be trend for years to come. A new band will get to make one album and that´ll be it if they´re lucky. Bills. Nobody buying albums. Bills. Maybe there are just too many bands out there now.
    I am wondering if the likes of the Fontaines DC are all making a wage at the moment, as in enough to pay rent, bills etc. How much will they come out with at the end of the year? Same with Idles? Are they making a living and how long will it last?
    Nowadays, 99% of original bands are supplementing their income with something else. Eventually something has to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Sold out ..it will be the gig of the year no doubt..i tried to like fontaines murder capital but its a dour listen

Advertisement