Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lifetime VPN €14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Windows store app or the old style installer?

Old style. I am on windows 7

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Esquier2

Netflix detects Vpn on both android tv box and phone.
    Not much good to me.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

TheDriver wrote: »
    Great price for a very good vpn. Works perfectly on firestick

Which firestick have you and did you have to sideload the app onto it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Should this work with Disney+ ?

So if I install on my fire stick I’ll get US versions of Netflix etc too? Is it as simple as opening the Netflix app when you are on a US Server or does there need to be a US account set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Should this work with Disney+ ?

So if I install on my fire stick I’ll get US versions of Netflix etc too? Is it as simple as opening the Netflix app when you are on a US Server or does there need to be a US account set up?

Log out, log into vpn then log into netflix on your IE acc

• Advertisement

when i try netflix on my firestick I get "you seem to be using an unblocker or proxy"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Quick question from anyone who has it working.

On android phone,can I run the vpn for USA, log into Netflix and cast to my telly or does it have to be via laptop / hdmi cable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Downloaded and checked my Account Status. It says that extra 'Slots' for 5 x additional devices is $99.99. Did this Special Offer include up to 5 devices.?? How can I tell the site that I have that included??

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

Yes the special offer includes 5 devices.

You can only remove 1 device a week as well to add a new one. Even if you have 4 slots free, you have to wait a week before removing a device now. You can add all 5 today if you wanted however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Masala wrote: »
    Downloaded and checked my Account Status. It says that extra 'Slots' for 5 x additional devices is $99.99. Did this Special Offer include up to 5 devices.?? How can I tell the site that I have that included??

Regards

That $99 offer is for 5 extra slots i.e the ability to connect 10 devices

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    That $99 offer is for 5 extra slots i.e the ability to connect 10 devices

aaaahhhh!!!!! That makes sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Discodog wrote: »
    Old style. I am on windows 7

You’ll need more than a VPN in 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I tried to top up my 5 devices with another lifetime account but only showed my original 5. Emailed them and they linked the new lifetime to a different email for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

So far working great on my 4K firestick, though I found the latest version doesn't work so make sure you don't upgrade beyond the version 5.1 they list on the firestick install instruction page.

US Shudder has about 700 films vs the 200 I could get in Ireland. Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Tried various different servers in UK and US but reduces my download speed from 875mb to between 8mb and 12mb now i know there's going to be some loss of speed but that's not great at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Cant get netflix working on android at all, going to try it on the firestick in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Tried various different servers in UK and US but reduces my download speed from 875mb to between 8mb and 12mb now i know there's going to be some loss of speed but that's not great at all

Its not good for large downloads or torrenting. Streaming for general browsing is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Kolido wrote: »
    Cant get netflix working on android at all, going to try it on the firestick in the next few days.

You could try this.
    https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/blog/vpn-router-setup/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

ewc78 wrote: »
    How do you access the US Netflix.
    I bought this offer of the VPN last night and tried logging into my Netflix account and it just seems the same as before. Do I need to download a different Netflix app or something?
    I'm using an Android TV box.

I downloaded the app from the play store on my box, and once logged it etc I connected to US-Virginia. Then I just opened Netflix app and it gave me the US content immediately. I tested it with The Walking Dead and The Office US. Both played with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭cassette50

Sparko wrote: »
    I downloaded the app from the play store on my box, and once logged it etc I connected to US-Virginia. Then I just opened Netflix app and it gave me the US content immediately. I tested it with The Walking Dead and The Office US. Both played with no issues.

If you scroll to the bottom of the screen where you select the server..there is a specific option for both iPlayer, Netflix and Hulu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

cassette50 wrote: »
    If you scroll to the bottom of the screen where you select the server..there is a specific option for both iPlayer, Netflix and Hulu.

Thanks, I've used the iPlayer one successfully. I haven't needed the Netflix specific one because the US server I picked is doing the trick for now.

I emailed the guys yesterday just to explain I entered the wrong code and paid $20 instead of $15 on the off-chance they'd give me credit for $5 or something. No biggie if not.

They instead refunded my $20 and apologized saying I could keep the VPN gratis. I'm gobsmacked. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Invincible

Using Promo code VPNDEAL

Subtotal $39.00
    Promo code: ($24.00)
    Tax: $18.45

How are ye getting $15 ?

Invincible wrote: »
    Using Promo code VPNDEAL

Subtotal $39.00
    Promo code: ($24.00)
    Tax: $18.45

How are ye getting $15 ?

I think paying Visa?/ MasterCard is causing that calculation. Using PayPal cones to $15. So must be a fee of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i cant get it working for netflix usa, netflix blocks it.
    i cant get it working for bbc i player, when i search for the app, its not there

All of the above were for the amazon 4k firestick

edit
    Ok, i used the server usa virginia and it worked.

thank u to the poster that said this

i cant get it working for netflix usa, netflix blocks it.
    i cant get it working for bbc i player, when i search for the app, its not there

All of the above were for the amazon 4k firestick

edit
    Ok, i used the server usa virginia and it worked.

thank u to the poster that said this

If you install filelinked, you can get iPlayer apk from there. Only have it on phone so far, needed to set up account with english postcode and an email address and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

TheDriver wrote: »
    Great price for a very good vpn. Works perfectly on firestick

Can I ask how did you get it onto your firestick I tried the tiny url address on Downloader and said file corrupted

Can I ask how did you get it onto your firestick I tried the tiny url address on Downloader and said file corrupted

I got this message once, but it worked on second download. Also your firestick must be the 4K variant.

Note: DO NOT upgrade to latest version. Only the version in the TinyUrl works.

It's annoying as the prompt to upgrade appears every time you start the software, but a minor issue I guess.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I got this message once, but it worked on second download. Also your firestick must be the 4K variant.

It's annoying as the prompt to upgrade appears every time you start the software, but a minor issue I guess.

Hey Mrcheez,
    I only downloaded the app to phone, but couldn't see any instructions for adding to firestick.
    Where did you see instructions for downloader?
    Will try after work, thanks!

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »

Not the case, I installed it using downloader on to the non 4k firestick. So far, ITV Hub and Netflix US work for me, when I try the iplayer I get something has gone wrong, please try later or something to that effect message.

Advertisement