Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime £59 for a year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Discodog wrote: »
    I would think twice about signing up for anything with Brexit looming.

You'll get it refunded if you cancel, minus what you've used.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

delly wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201895520

This is the page. You will need to enter your college email address in the box that asks for a UK college email address, then click on the verification mail. Simple as that.

Thanks alot, unfortunately only have the Irish College Email address

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Paulcon93 wrote: »

Think there is a way to get it with Irish college email you have to do something email them or click alternative way to get prime student cant remember specifics but definitely possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

skerry wrote: »
    Signed up for the 12 months and accessed Prime Video through the app on TV. I can access Lego Batman Movie and first season of Fleabag, does that mean I am on the UK version of Prime TV? I haven't got in touch with chat yet over changing region or anything.

Is there any other content I could verify I'm on UK with?

How many more ways do you need? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Anyone with a current prime yearly membership get any change from live chat about getting this price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

I just entered a DCU email, worked without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

How many more ways do you need? :/

Ahhhm 5 more please.

Just thought I'd have to contact chat support as others did. Must have a gander at content later now.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

I just entered a DCU email, worked without issue

Tried with an NCI address, no luck

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Tried with an NCI address, no luck

I used a DCU address as well and it worked, so Irish colleges are included, but you may have to do some of the other options to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

skerry wrote: »
    Ahhhm 5 more please.

Just thought I'd have to contact chat support as others did. Must have a gander at content later now.

0ApEZyezKkVL.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭cullenswood

brophs wrote: »
    I asked support about that and it requires a UK card, apparently.

Ah ok, so if I login to the Music App with the setting back to Ireland, will I then lose the UK settings to Prime TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Ah ok, so if I login to the Music App with the setting back to Ireland, will I then lose the UK settings to Prime TV?

I don't think so. I certainly didn't anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

brophs wrote: »
    I don't think so. I certainly didn't anyway.

If you are set to Prime UK for video, you'll also be able to listen to prime music UK. If you want Prime music unlimited, you then need a UK card with a UK address. If you tell it to switch to IRL billing in order to get music unlimited, then the prime video will also go back to IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭rodders999

Banged them off a mail asking to be set up my prime video location as UK. Received he following back -

“I can see that you have already set your country of residence to UK, the reason you still cannot access the full UK catalog of Prime Video content is because your Video Territory of Record and current location are still set to Ireland.

Here's the thing, I can request that our developers change your Video Territory of Record to UK, but your current IP address is showing that you are in Ireland.
    Changing a setting from our side will not make any difference because we cannot change your IP address for you.

Based on your recent purchases it looks like you are still residing in Ireland, if this is the case then there is no way to bypass the system and access the full UK Prime Video catalog. If you have relocated to the UK you would need to contact your Internet service provider or a computer professional as this would mean that there is a serious problem with your IP address.

If you are in Ireland please be aware that we are bound by international content licensing restrictions and you will not be able to access the UK content”

Bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

rodders999 wrote: »
    Banged them off a mail asking to be set up my prime video location as UK. Received he following back -

“I can see that you have already set your country of residence to UK, the reason you still cannot access the full UK catalog of Prime Video content is because your Video Territory of Record and current location are still set to Ireland.

Here's the thing, I can request that our developers change your Video Territory of Record to UK, but your current IP address is showing that you are in Ireland.
    Changing a setting from our side will not make any difference because we cannot change your IP address for you.

Based on your recent purchases it looks like you are still residing in Ireland, if this is the case then there is no way to bypass the system and access the full UK Prime Video catalog. If you have relocated to the UK you would need to contact your Internet service provider or a computer professional as this would mean that there is a serious problem with your IP address.

If you are in Ireland please be aware that we are bound by international content licensing restrictions and you will not be able to access the UK content”

Bollix.

I set up a new account with DPD as my address and revolut card.

Got onto chat and changed over the territory. I had inadvertently bought without using the discounted link so the agent cancelled it so I could do it again. I then asked to be switched over to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Dev1234

Hi all.

Where is the chat feature on Amazon?

Going to try change to the UK region.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Anyone with a current prime yearly membership get any change from live chat about getting this price?

Current customers renew at normal rate this is a "promo" only.
    As others have said you can request immediate cancellation and then sign up.

I stayed as is with a £10 voucher added to my account ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Dev1234 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Where is the chat feature on Amazon?

Going to try change to the UK region.

Thanks

I gave up looking for the chat option and just banged off an email. Had a response within the hour after giving them my parcel motel address. (I was able to use chat on previous occasions but for some reason this time I only got the email or phone options)

Hello ######,

I understand you'd like to change your video settings to UK.

As requested, I have updated your account's video territory settings to UK.

From now you'll be able to access UK Prime videos. Please sign out and re-sign in.

We hope to see you again.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Dev1234

I found the chat iron and they just changed me to the UK there.

I can access Fleabag series 1. Does that mean its changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

I asked and they were looking for a uk credit card .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

delly wrote: »
    If you are set to Prime UK for video, you'll also be able to listen to prime music UK. If you want Prime music unlimited, you then need a UK card with a UK address. If you tell it to switch to IRL billing in order to get music unlimited, then the prime video will also go back to IRL.
    I got them to change my region to the UK for video and then signed into Music using the Irish option and I still seem to be on UK region for video. At least I can still see Fleabag Season 1, which people are saying is the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Fire Stick 2nd gen currently available for £19.99 for Prime users

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Amazon Fire HD 10 is down to €100 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

cojie wrote: »
    For all those worried about how Brexit affects you if it all goes tits up at the end of October......I just contacted Amazon and heres what they had to say about cancelling your membership before the year is up.........."if you cancel the prime, refund will be done on the basis of its usage and months remaining so you will be able for partial refund at that time"

Amazon often ships from Germany or France, even when you shop on co.uk. Brexit won't be an issue, they will use different source warehouses for Irish shoppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

Bloody online help aren't being much help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Can u get the month free trial and then the £59 year deal after it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

torrevieja wrote: »
    Can u get the month free trial and then the £59 year deal after it ?

Yes, if you qualify for the month free trial, then your 59 charge isn't charged until the end of the free month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

so how do u do it just sign up for the month , cancel straight away and then buy the 59 after you cancel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

If you have 'The 100' you are on the UK if you have 'The Terror' you are set to Ireland (the former is not on the Ireland list and the latter is buy only in the UK)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Do you lose anything of note if you switch from Ireland to UK?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement