Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-10-2017, 18:17   #361
GY A1

Got the phone call saying was a misprice
Any point trying pick it up tomoro
Advertisement
25-10-2017, 08:12   #362
witnessmenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbingBandit View Post
Great site always use it life saver trying to track down mad stuff it always comes in handy.
Cheers!

Its kind of crazy really, I made the original version in a weekend or so just have an excuse to do some web development, it pretty awesome that people still use it 6 years later!

What is possibly more weird about it is the code for stock checking has not changed for the 6 years (well i moved from PHP to Node 2 years ago, but its still the same parsing logic), which says a lot about the amount the argos website has changed in that time!
25-10-2017, 09:26   #363
Quazzie
Hosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheety View Post
Remington Pro Air Lightweight 2200W Hair Dryer AC5913W

€9.83.

Cheapest before this, according to checkargos, was €35.09.
When I go to order this, I get to the reserve screen, and it can be ordered for pick-up, but when I do, it just goes to the out of stock screen.
25-10-2017, 09:53   #364
Wheety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzie View Post
When I go to order this, I get to the reserve screen, and it can be ordered for pick-up, but when I do, it just goes to the out of stock screen.
Apologies

I only went as far as seeing that it could be ordered for collection. Didn't actually try and place an order.
25-10-2017, 10:10   #365
Quazzie
Hosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheety View Post
Apologies

I only went as far as seeing that it could be ordered for collection. Didn't actually try and place an order.
No need to apologize. Not your fault in the slightest. Seems to be a regular trick/error by Argos.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-10-2017, 10:21   #366
Soarer

Collected mine this morning.
(2) thanks from:
25-10-2017, 10:52   #367
ButtersSuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by witnessmenow View Post
Cheers!

Its kind of crazy really, I made the original version in a weekend or so just have an excuse to do some web development, it pretty awesome that people still use it 6 years later!

What is possibly more weird about it is the code for stock checking has not changed for the 6 years (well i moved from PHP to Node 2 years ago, but its still the same parsing logic), which says a lot about the amount the argos website has changed in that time!
Yeah I was just thinking the same myself.....

I haven't a clue what any of that means - but thanks!
Thanks from:
25-10-2017, 12:59   #368
Cantona's Collars

No joy collecting either Lego set,the lady at the counter showed me the company policy of paying the price on the day but seeing as I reserved to collect she's going to have a word with her manager about lost sales and get back to me..... there's still hope that I might get them.
(3) thanks from:
25-10-2017, 17:37   #369
witnessmenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtersSuki View Post
Yeah I was just thinking the same myself.....

I haven't a clue what any of that means - but thanks!

Basically when you check stock on checkargos, it loads the same Argos page that you would load if you checked the stock on argos.ie and reads the stock level from that page. It does that for every store that you have selected.

I have not needed to change the above in 6 years, which means that page on Argos has not changed, significantly at least, in 6 years. For a website to have not changed in 6 years is pretty much insane!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-10-2017, 17:49   #370
ButtersSuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by witnessmenow View Post

Basically when you check stock on checkargos, it loads the same Argos page that you would load if you checked the stock on argos.ie and reads the stock level from that page. It does that for every store that you have selected.

I have not needed to change the above in 6 years, which means that page on Argos has not changed, significantly at least, in 6 years. For a website to have not changed in 6 years is pretty much insane!
You should head over to rte.ie if you want to see a website that hasn't changed. There's posts in the news/about us sections that are from 2010.
25-10-2017, 21:10   #371
lazeedaisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzie View Post
No need to apologize. Not your fault in the slightest. Seems to be a regular trick/error by Argos.
Not sure what you mean by trick!

I was online after 7 this morning and there was lots of stock to reserve. I reserved one and will pick it up tomorrow.

As with all BA you need to be quick
25-10-2017, 21:13   #372
VanZan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablelocks View Post
Got mine in Crescent SC this morning. I got the text at 11.05, dropped everything, turned off phone so i couldn't get a call and went to collect.

Was told price was €169.99. Very politely mentioned I reserved it at a lower price and showed her the email - lady checked and said there was a NOTE to say do not sell at this price as it was an error. She asked did I not get the call, I said no and I'm after driving for 45 mins after getting the text. She said that they weren't allowed override the price in-store, but she talked to the manager, who eventually did come out and sold to me but only after stressing that this was most unusual and i was a very lucky ablelocks. Both staff very nice and professional....but it does look like there are new protocols for dealing with errors if the customer service head office have to be consulted...(I overheard the call..)

I still have to go in tomorrow to get the ninjago one though...
What happened?
25-10-2017, 22:11   #373
Soarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazeedaisy View Post
Not sure what you mean by trick!

I was online after 7 this morning and there was lots of stock to reserve. I reserved one and will pick it up tomorrow.

As with all BA you need to be quick
I wouldn't have left it until tomorrow.

If they realise there's a mistake, they mightn't sell it to you.
26-10-2017, 14:42   #374
superflyninja

Send a message via MSN to superflyninja
The Lego Star Destroyer shipped from Argos ebay today. (I ordered Monday). Thanks!
26-10-2017, 16:50   #375
smallgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflyninja View Post
The Lego Star Destroyer shipped from Argos ebay today. (I ordered Monday). Thanks!
I just received mine from ebay. Happy days
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion