Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Briano1996 wrote: »
    Got my message today about my acceptance into stage 2. Stage 1 didnt go to plan and I scraped by. Does anyone know what the best prep course would be? Should I try the Sova one as they're the ones supplying the tests?
    Thanks
    What number roughly were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    What number roughly were you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Career services was very helpful for my preparation to stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Just wondering s the running order of tasks to be completed on Stage 2 as follows ?

Task 1: Verbal Reasoning (25 minutes duration for 15 questions)
    Task 2: Logical Reasoning (25 minutes duration for 15 questions)
    Task 3: Job Simulation Exercise (20 minutes for 13 scenarios)
    Task 4: Report Writing Exercise (30 minutes to write report)

This is from the Public Jobs familiarisation link.

Career services website suggests that report writing comes before job simulation.

Would appreciate it if anybody had an answer, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LeeQuilabab123

GavK wrote: »
    Just wondering s the running order of tasks to be completed on Stage 2 as follows ?

Task 1: Verbal Reasoning (25 minutes duration for 15 questions)
    Task 2: Logical Reasoning (25 minutes duration for 15 questions)
    Task 3: Job Simulation Exercise (20 minutes for 13 scenarios)
    Task 4: Report Writing Exercise (30 minutes to write report)

This is from the Public Jobs familiarisation link.

Career services website suggests that report writing comes before job simulation.

Would appreciate it if anybody had an answer, thanks.

I'm 99% sure the report writing comes last pal.

Speaking of the report writing, is anybody finding the Garda IP report writing tough going ? I don't know if I'm trying to be too thorough or what. I'm hoping the actual exam is a bit handier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Does anybody know when results are out for stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Aaron123 wrote: »

when did you have yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Aaron123 wrote: »

Supposedly end on July for first group. So this week...maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

Should have them by the end of this week guys so best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Judojeasus

Hey guys looking for help . Bought the stage two prep from Noel Mcloughlin and I'm flying everything . Last night I taught I do job simulation practice test and I'm consistently getting 1of8 and 2 of 8 . I must be doing something wrong as I scored well in stage one . Any one else have same issue . In the stage two test will we have to drag the answers into the best order ??

• Advertisement

Judojeasus wrote: »
    Hey guys looking for help . Bought the stage two prep from Noel Mcloughlin and I'm flying everything . Last night I taught I do job simulation practice test and I'm consistently getting 1of8 and 2 of 8 . I must be doing something wrong as I scored well in stage one . Any one else have same issue . In the stage two test will we have to drag the answers into the best order ??

Hey,

Same thing when I had Noels, don't worry about that, theres a weird system he uses, you don't have to drag them in real thing, the real thing is the same as how the few job simulation questions that we got in stage 1 were structured!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dude23

Hey quick question.ive my stage 2 on tomorrow just wondering if anyone knows what's the dress code for this....thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maryf97

dude23 wrote: »
    Hey quick question.ive my stage 2 on tomorrow just wondering if anyone knows what's the dress code for this....thanks

No dress code, just wear something comfortable because you’ll be sitting for about 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

sazxox wrote: »
    when did you have yours

The end of june

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Anyone who has done stage 2 did you find it similar or harder to the questions on the career services website ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niamhlol

Just wondering if stage 2 is the same style as stage 1? Found it much more difficult than last year and not sure whether to buy a preparation course?
    Cheers

Here's hoping! although they were a little late with the stage one results so it could even be next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Have my stage 2 tomorrow! Any tips? Nervous out now especially for the report writing!

Nel26 wrote: »
    Have my stage 2 tomorrow! Any tips? Nervous out now especially for the report writing!

Just do your best! If you’ve studied or signed up for any of the courses you should have nothing to worry about. For the report writing just get down as much info as possible when watching the video. I actually thought I’d have loads of time with 30 mins but I actually didn’t so keep an eye on the clock. Best of luck!

maryf97 wrote: »
    Just do your best! If you’ve studied or signed up for any of the courses you should have nothing to worry about. For the report writing just get down as much info as possible when watching the video. I actually thought I’d have loads of time with 30 mins but I actually didn’t so keep an eye on the clock. Best of luck!

Thank you, I signed up for the gardaip and I’m finding it so helpful alright! The report writing is so tough but I’m finding I am remembering some of the account it’s just trying to get down the details it goes so fast!!
    Thank you, best of luck with your campaign :) hopefully we’ll all get into templemore!

• Advertisement

Best of luck. There was actually less info in the report writing on the day than there was in the career service practice questions, so hopefully it'll be the same for you :)

Thank you, I signed up for the gardaip and I’m finding it so helpful alright! The report writing is so tough but I’m finding I am remembering some of the account it’s just trying to get down the details it goes so fast!!
    Thank you, best of luck with your campaign :) hopefully we’ll all get into templemore!

I did the career services course and I found the real video a lot slower and they also repeat some important details twice! You’ll be fine, once you have the general gist of things it’s grand! Yes heres to hoping, waiting on results this week so fingers crossed :)

This is calming some of my nerves because I'm finding the Garda IP report writing fairly tough aswell, there's no way the actual test can be as hard as those practice questions 😂

This is calming some of my nerves because I'm finding the Garda IP report writing fairly tough aswell, there's no way the actual test can be as hard as those practice questions 😂

How’re you finding the other tests on them? The job simulation one is really getting to me now

How’re you finding the other tests on them? The job simulation one is really getting to me now

The job simulation seems to be corrected all wrong on the site. I manually go through each question after every test, it tells you if Answer A was optimal etc. So I go through it like that and figure out my own score. The system always tells me I'm getting like 1/8 but that's just an error on their side.

Other than that, I seem to be going backwards on the verbal but I'm just going to stick at it and try not to overthink the questions too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

How is everyone feeling after the test this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 AshleyOH

Anybody have an idea when stage 2 results will be out? Sat the test 3rd July!

AshleyOH wrote: »
    Anybody have an idea when stage 2 results will be out? Sat the test 3rd July!

I think it'll be today or tomorrow that we hear! Fingers crossed anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 49 AshleyOH

sazxox wrote: »
    I think it'll be today or tomorrow that we hear! Fingers crossed anyways

Hopefully, just wanna know now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

Same! Checking my phone like a made woman! Suspence killing me:(

Advertisement