Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

We might not get to hear the full story there considering who owns the hotel and set it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Weekend is given down good weather wise so I hope the Gardai are out in force to put a stop to all the "weekenders" that will be heading towards the county

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Podge201 wrote: »
    We might not get to hear the full story there considering who owns the hotel and set it all up.

does Healy rae have much of a shareholding in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭wonga77

myclist wrote: »
    The testing has not been completed in this centre yet. The results will take longer than normal as this centre ''is not a priority''. HSE tests are prioritised at the moment and the partial testing carried out here was not done by the HSE.

Oh ya I'm aware of that, just curious about tests in general, I had read 36 hours somewhere yesterday, I thought they were much longer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I saw this on Pa Daly's facebook page:

Minister for housing has announced the reopening of Social housing construction sites.
    Also locally grass cutting is starting back this week, hoping work can start back on greenway projects from May 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I saw this on Pa Daly's facebook page:

Minister for housing has announced the reopening of Social housing construction sites.
    Also locally grass cutting is starting back this week, hoping work can start back on greenway projects from May 5th.

I dont know why the grass cutting had to stop, only one person can sit up on a tractor lawnmower at a time and only one person can work a strimmers at a time

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I dont know why the grass cutting had to stop, only one person can sit up on a tractor lawnmower at a time and only one person can work a strimmers at a time

I noticed that some potholes were filled near where I live only in the last 2 weeks. So the council had been doing some work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

https://twitter.com/kerryman_ie/status/1253014311796178944

If easing of lockdowns were to be done by county, Kerry seems to be containing the virus well so far this week.

https://twitter.com/kerryman_ie/status/1253014311796178944

If easing of lockdowns were to be done by county, Kerry seems to be containing the virus well so far this week.

Very encouraging news! Well done to all in Kerry!!

Dublin at 50% and they trying their best to infest Kerry particularly Cahirciveen. Shame on all those involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Podge201 wrote: »

And then this is in todays news. so where is Brendan Griffin for a comment

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/hse-objected-to-decision-to-open-direct-provision-centre-995590.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Intercounty travel for private vehicles should be banned if the 2km restrictions are lifted at some point.

Goods and services only should be allowed move and even when they arrive should not interact, where possible, with locals.

Could try and squeeze virus out of areas this way.

Dublin, for example, clearly would be hardest hit by this as they've most cases but politics needs to be taken out of this and restrictions could be tailored by county even if it risks losing city votes, for some politicians, as a result

The people of Dublin think Ireland stops in Dublin so let them self contain their disease ridden county now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

newman10 wrote: »

It seems that the "owner" couldn't start getting his hands on the accommodation monies quickly enough. There are always big bucks handed out when the government is paying, and the governmental going rate is always above and beyond what a hotel would usually charge paying guests, because the tax payers never gets a say in how their contributions are spent.

People should remember this when the next general election comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭amdaley28

I did send him an E Mail.
    This is the reply I got 3 days ago.

"Thank you for your email,

I will bring it to Minister Griffin’s attention."
    Kind regards,

Tommy Griffin

Parliamentary Assistant to Brendan Griffin TD
    Minister of State for Tourism and Sport
    Constituency Office,
    Castlemaine Village
    Co. Kerry

I won't be holding my breath :rolleyes:

Similar story in Kerry's Eye today - one of the asylum seekers was interviewed, and basically said that there was no social distancing in the dining room, she had to stay in a bedroom with a woman who was seriously ill with the coronavirus, and that in general, there were too many people crammed into the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

wonga77 wrote: »
    How long does it take to get results these days?

I thought it was down to about 3 to 5 days now

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭amdaley28

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It seems that the "owner" couldn't start getting his hands on the accommodation monies quickly enough. There are always big bucks handed out when the government is paying, and the governmental going rate is always above and beyond what a hotel would usually charge paying guests, because the tax payers never gets a say in how their contributions are spent.

People should remember this when the next general election comes around.

A lot of people did.
    Fat lot of good it did us :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

amdaley28 wrote: »
    A lot of people did.
    Fat lot of good it did us :rolleyes:

It takes a long time to de-programme members of a cult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It takes a long time to de-programme members of a cult.

That applies especially so to Sinn Féin..
    All the sheep doing their "4 legs good.. 2 legs bad" routine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I'd fully expect quite a few cases in Kerry today when the new numbers are out

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

3, which isn't too bad:

3 from 900 odd isn't too bad .

Massive jump across the board today tho. Not sure how to take these jumps given we're. Almost 5 weeks in to lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

3 from 900 odd isn't too bad .

Massive jump across the board today tho. Not sure how to take these jumps given we're. Almost 5 weeks in to lockdown

Was it to do with extra testing, especially in care homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Was it to do with extra testing, especially in care homes?

Or other residential facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

I presume they have volunteered to work in the Cahirciveen Hotel :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I presume they have volunteered to work in the Cahirciveen Hotel :rolleyes:

Don't know why you'd presume that...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/move-direct-provision-group-out-of-kerry-says-healy-rae-995851.html

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I'd comment only I'm busy drinking litres of dettol to disinfect myself, hic.............

Advertisement