Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A bit but if this current situation lasts anymore than a few weeks than god knows what will happen.

The more fcuking idiots we have gathering together in groups, the longer this will last.

If everyone does what they are told we could see relaxations by mid April

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

A bit but if this current situation lasts anymore than a few weeks than god knows what will happen.

Dude, between the NXT Dublin thread in PW, and here, just take a chill pill. Freaking out isn't helping anyone. It sucks that normality has been upended, but not a whole lot we can do, except wait it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭dasdog

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Dude, between the NXT Dublin thread in PW, and here, just take a chill pill. Freaking out isn't helping anyone. It sucks that normality has been upended, but not a whole lot we can do, except wait it out.

Pick up an instrument and muck around with it or download some DAW software if you've a half decent PC and learn how to create/mix/produce. I'm gonna miss going out to live events but there is a world out there at everyone's fingertips - it's not like we are living in an East German regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

dasdog wrote: »
    Pick up an instrument and muck around with it or download some DAW software if you've a half decent PC and learn how to create/mix/produce. I'm gonna miss going out to live events but there is a world out there at everyone's fingertips - it's not like we are living in an East German regime.

I'm YouTubing how to sew, wanna start my a patch cut off denim jacket. Along with re-reading books, and finding some new ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hope that's not the case and life returns to a bit of normality sooner rather than later

A full lockdown lasting months would be the end of this country as we know it

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on boards and that covers a lot of ground.

This is gonna last past March 29th, I'll be shocked if there's a gig before May Bank Holiday weekend. But a country that's been through invasions and famine isn't going to be changed forever because poxy green day postponed till 2021....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hynesie08 wrote: »
    That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on boards and that covers a lot of ground.

This is gonna last past March 29th, I'll be shocked if there's a gig before May Bank Holiday weekend. But a country that's been through invasions and famine isn't going to be changed forever because poxy green day postponed till 2021....

Wasant talking about gigs I was talking in irish society in general

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wasant talking about gigs I was talking in irish society in general

Well either way, a full lockdown will not be the end of society in Ireland. This too shall pass.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Might not be the end of society as we know it, but some things will change. International travel will take some time to pick up again, and with the Green agenda it may return to something more like it was before the cut-price airlines came onto the scene. Yes we'll still have gigs, but they may become a bit rarer and some bands, particularly those who have been around for 50+ years, may just decide to call it a day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Beasty wrote: »
    Yes we'll still have gigs, but they may become a bit rarer and some bands, particularly those who have been around for 50+ years, may just decide to call it a day

Hahaha! How many bands have been around for 50+ years and are still touring?! You could count them on one hand!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Penfailed wrote: »
    Hahaha! How many bands have been around for 50+ years and are still touring?! You could count them on one hand!

Rolling Stones
    Judas Priest
    ZZ Top
    The Who
    Aerosmith
    Status Quo
    The Eagles
    Queen
    Deep Purple
    Jethro Tull

Gonna need some more hands me thinks.

• Advertisement

Rolling Stones
    Judas Priest
    ZZ Top
    The Who
    Aerosmith
    Status Quo
    The Eagles
    Queen
    Deep Purple
    Jethro Tull

Paul McCartney
    Ringo Starr
    Bruce Springsteen
    Jerry Lee Lewis
    Stevie Wonder
    Rod Stewart

Paul McCartney
    Ringo Starr
    Bruce Springsteen
    Jerry Lee Lewis
    Stevie Wonder
    Rod Stewart

Bands. It's about bands.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Rolling Stones
    Judas Priest
    ZZ Top
    The Who
    Aerosmith
    Status Quo
    The Eagles
    Queen
    Deep Purple
    Jethro Tull

With original members? Okay...two hands then...I'll give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Right, between the ultra drama, and the " I know more than you " music snobs, Im out.
    Good luck lads.... Stay safe. I don't need the notifications.

#Unfollowed

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Gigs will come again . It looks as if we heading to a global recession so it’s whether you can afford to go the gigs will be the question .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Gigs will come again . It looks as if we heading to a global recession so it’s whether you can afford to go the gigs will be the question .

Ian Brown tickets might drop to €5...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kilteragh

Suckit wrote: »
    Ian Brown tickets might drop to €5...:pac:

And still not be worth it :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well, if you had a ticket for one of David Gray's forthcoming 'White Ladder 20th Anniversary' tour dates, unfortunately it's bad news.

Gray was due to play Dublin's 3Arena on Thursday 2nd, Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th of April, as well as Cork's Irish Independent Park on June 20th.

These dates, along with the UK and European dates, have all been postponed.

Gray released a statement on social media that read:
    "Due to restrictions put in place to help fight the current coronavirus pandemic we are going to have to follow government advice and postpone all of the U.K., Irish and European dates on the forthcoming White Ladder Anniversary Tour. We are currently looking at an alternative scheduling and will provide further details as and when we have them. "

He added: "The year ahead promises to be an extremely challenging time during which the core human values of compassion, togetherness and generosity are going to be more important than ever. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. Look after each other.

Love and best wishes, Dave."

Well, if you had a ticket for one of David Gray's forthcoming 'White Ladder 20th Anniversary' tour dates, unfortunately it's bad news.

Gray was due to play Dublin's 3Arena on Thursday 2nd, Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th of April, as well as Cork's Irish Independent Park on June 20th.

These dates, along with the UK and European dates, have all been postponed.

Gray released a statement on social media that read:

Thanks. Good news in a way as I have tickets but wouldn't have gone in the extremely unlikely scenario that the gig would go ahead so glad it's been properly postponed.

The Who have rescheduled their postponed gig to 5th March 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/18/glastonbury-festival-postponed-due-to-coronavirus

Glastonbury 2020 postponed.

Potential domino effect now for rest of Europe and here for concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Glastonbury cancelled so i think its safe to say all summer gigs are off fair play to them that wouldnt of been an easy decision to make considering all the money theyll miss out on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Glastonbury cancelled so i think its safe to say all summer gigs are off fair play to them that wouldnt of been an easy decision to make considering all the money theyll miss out on

tbf glasto is a special case, it takes months to prep the area.

Id expect a lot in england to go, but european cases have started to plateau out a little, which is encouraging for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Very unlikely we will see any of the summer gigs go ahead at this stage. Such a shame we had some really great gigs booked in. Hopefully most will reschedule

Very unlikely we will see any of the summer gigs go ahead at this stage. Such a shame we had some really great gigs booked in. Hopefully most will reschedule

Wait and see I suppose

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

90333957_10156594414367271_6093922813310140416_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=da1649&_nc_ohc=rCTUn2OGtLwAX_JJtF9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=1e49705791f57fd7ec6b9ccc00ac3fb9&oe=5E998B52

90561537_10158310774534548_6526403913820667904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=ZAOUI19WaToAX9sxkjv&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=ebb297e79c2e33e328c6da068f7bae8d&oe=5E97E3E8

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

There's a list of all the shows cancelled, postponed or rescheduled on the ticketmaster website https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360006285854-Cancelled-and-Rescheduled-Events

MCD https://mcd.ie/rescheduled-events/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

No mention of the Nada Surf gig been rescheduled,although it’s early days I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

No mention of the Nada Surf gig been rescheduled,although it’s early days I guess...

Nor pinegrove, Jay Som, Danny brown and wolf parade all in the next two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

sweetie wrote: »
    Nor pinegrove, Jay Som, Danny brown and wolf parade all in the next two weeks

Wolf parade were supposed to be playing last Sunday but they cancelled.

Advertisement