Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shanghai

• 18-03-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just looking for some advice. I may be moving to china in the coming weeks for a work placement as part of college. I was wondering if anyone has lived or travelled to shanghai before and what it's like to live there? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

shanghai is mainly where the finance/business lies so you expect that kind of metropolis style big city, very very crowded and you would probably need to adapt some 'social etiquette' from the locals as well (some behavior of the people there would be shocking at first like spitting everywhere even in restaurant, some kid takes a dump beside the metro, people being wasteful on food ordering alot of dishes but dont even eat them etc).

Overall a very busy city for business people, great choices in almost everything (from food to any kind of entertainment).

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Do you know what part of Shanghai you may be staying. Pudong or Puxi..or staying in the college campus with other students/ expats..

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Hi
    Am living in Shanghai for the past 3 months , come home to limerick for a week at the end of every month .
    Shanghai is very crowded but with great public transport system and its cheap to get around.
    Great choice in food and restaurants and the architecture is amazing , have a look at the bund just when it gets dark for the free light show
    Main problem is the language but there's an app for that ;-).
    Are you going for work placement in one of the big manufacturing plants ?.
    if so send me a pm we might be working for the same company.
    I am heading back over this Saturday

Advertisement