Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Z Class China Visas experiences through Chinese embassy in Ireland

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coxcarola

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I were offered jobs to teach English at a school in Guangzhou in January. Our invitation letters/working permits were supposed to arrive a month ago, they arrived today belatedly. We will be going to the embassy in Dublin next week. We will be coming up from Cork. We are going to stay overnight in the capital and avail of the rush service. We will be applying for multiple entry Z visa's. How much will we have to pay?

On the invitation letter it says we are invited to come to China on the 20th of April but we want to be gone within the next 10 days. We have been waiting around with 4 weeks now and are desperate to go. Basically the recruitment guy at the school made a cock up by telling us that we would be due in Guangzhou on the 8th of March. So we both handed in our notices to our employers and finished work on the 6th of March. 2 days later we got an email saying the process would be delayed by a month. Thankfully we had not booked flights. Do you think we will be able to travel to China before the 20th of April? Has anyone had this experience whereby your intended departure date is before the date outlined on the invitation letter? or is it the case that once your passport is stamped you are clear to travel to China?

Looking forward to hearing some replies,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

coxcarola wrote: »
    Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I were offered jobs to teach English at a school in Guangzhou in January. Our invitation letters/working permits were supposed to arrive a month ago, they arrived today belatedly. We will be going to the embassy in Dublin next week. We will be coming up from Cork. We are going to stay overnight in the capital and avail of the rush service. We will be applying for multiple entry Z visa's. How much will we have to pay?

On the invitation letter it says we are invited to come to China on the 20th of April but we want to be gone within the next 10 days. We have been waiting around with 4 weeks now and are desperate to go. Basically the recruitment guy at the school made a cock up by telling us that we would be due in Guangzhou on the 8th of March. So we both handed in our notices to our employers and finished work on the 6th of March. 2 days later we got an email saying the process would be delayed by a month. Thankfully we had not booked flights. Do you think we will be able to travel to China before the 20th of April? Has anyone had this experience whereby your intended departure date is before the date outlined on the invitation letter? or is it the case that once your passport is stamped you are clear to travel to China?

Looking forward to hearing some replies,

Just to be clear; you were due to be there in March, now it looks like you won't be there until later this month at the earliest; and the academic year ends in June? Could you PM me the name of the school and I'll do a little digging for you, something seems off here...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I applied for a Z visa at the embassy this week, so I just thought I'd update this for anyone heading to China soon.

Nothing has changed since 2013 (when I last got one) in regard to what you need to bring to the embassy. All I needed to hand in was passport, one passport photo, the documents your employer sends you from China and the visa application form. That's it!

I had proof of address and a couple of other things with me but she said that was all I needed, didn't even look at the rest.

Price is still the same also, 40 euro to get it in 3-4 days. Visa section is open from 9-12 Monday to Thursday.

Bring photocopies of your invitation and work permit letters, this will save you having to do it at the embassy and also save you 30 cent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

@ clever user name

Hey glad to hear you got all sorted.

So can i just pick your brain for a second, you didn't need to get a health check done om this end to actually apply for the z visa? I'm starting the application process with my girlfriend and we were hoping we wouldn't have to pay for xrays and all on this end as it's money we just don't have to spare at the min. However we were slightly concerned as it says on the embassy website that anybody going to work for over 180 days in China must supply them with the health check form from their site?

I know the medical won't be too costly, but with booking flights and saving start up costs for ovwr there it would be great to avoid the cost of doing a medical on this end!

goon_magee wrote: »
    @ clever user name

Hey glad to hear you got all sorted.

So can i just pick your brain for a second, you didn't need to get a health check done om this end to actually apply for the z visa? I'm starting the application process with my girlfriend and we were hoping we wouldn't have to pay for xrays and all on this end as it's money we just don't have to spare at the min. However we were slightly concerned as it says on the embassy website that anybody going to work for over 180 days in China must supply them with the health check form from their site?

I know the medical won't be too costly, but with booking flights and saving start up costs for over there it would be great to avoid the cost of doing a medical on this end!

Sorry, haven't been on boards in a while. Probably too late now.

The Chinese embassy in Dublin does not require a medical or medical form for the Z-visa. That was the case the last 2 times I was there.

That is not to say that you don't need to get a medical check in Ireland. It depends on the province in China you are going to. Some require you do the medical check in your home country and then send the results to your prospective employers. This is so they can get your invitation letters and work permit.

For other provinces (Liaoning, where I am) you can do it in China.

A lot of provinces are now requiring degree notarization. So keep these things in mind if you are thinking of teaching in China.

I work in recruitment in China, so if anyone has any visa questions feel free to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 hkelleher

I am moving to Shanghai at the end of the month and will be applying for the X Visa, most likely for over 180 days. I believe I don't need to have the medical/health form completed for applying, but I will need it when registering in my Chinese Uni. Do you know if it would be easier to get it done here or in Shanghai? I'm assuming it would be cheaper to do it in China, but might be just as handy to get it done here?

If anyone has completed the health check in Dublin, where is best to go for ECG and X Ray scans?

hkelleher wrote: »
    I am moving to Shanghai at the end of the month and will be applying for the X Visa, most likely for over 180 days. I believe I don't need to have the medical/health form completed for applying, but I will need it when registering in my Chinese Uni. Do you know if it would be easier to get it done here or in Shanghai? I'm assuming it would be cheaper to do it in China, but might be just as handy to get it done here?

If anyone has completed the health check in Dublin, where is best to go for ECG and X Ray scans?

If you can, get it done in China. Costs about 500 rmb, maybe slightly more or slightly less depending on the city. You just go to a specific hospital and get given a form. You then go from room to room getting the different tests done. Takes about an hour and a half, depending on how many people are there.

In Ireland, god knows how much. I know to get the entire thing done in the Mater hospital is something like 400 euro. Could be cheaper elsewhere, but not by a whole lot I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hkelleher

If you can, get it done in China. Costs about 500 rmb, maybe slightly more or slightly less depending on the city. You just go to a specific hospital and get given a form. You then go from room to room getting the different tests done. Takes about an hour and a half, depending on how many people are there.

Thanks for the info! Yes I assumed getting it done in Ireland would be more expensive and a bigger hassle too! The Uni I am going to have provided details of a hospital in Shanghai to get it done in, so I think I will leave it till then.

Hopefully I can get the Visa without having it done, I think once you are staying under a year they don't require it.

Advertisement