Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Degree notarisation

• 27-11-2015 4:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I've just been told that to apply for a work visa you know have to get your degree authenticated. However, mine is from the UK. Does anyone know if the embassy in Ireland will do this if the degree is not Irish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

No they will not deal with foreign documents. To get my degree authenticated I had to drive to Newry to get a UK solicitor to make a legal, stamped copy of the cert. Then I needed to send this to the Foreign Office in Milton Keynes with a bank draft to cover costs. The document were returned in two weeks ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

The British Council authenticated my (Irish) degree for a UK postgrad - the lady comes down from Belfast to Dublin (Mount St) once a week so we just arranged for me to come in with relevant ID (passport) and original degree cert plus the copies to be authenticated.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dawnbuckley

I've been in touch with the BC and they will verify it - has any been successful in using this for a work visa abroad?

Advertisement