Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Gnr announced the european 2020 tour has been postponed and thar they are working on rescheduling the dates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Pixies, Iveagh Gardens: Saturday 17th July 2021.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

Rammstein for Belfast now on Saturday June 12th 2021.

The National the other day posted they are working on rescheduling the dates.

And for Pearl Jam Hyde Park we have recieved refunds, so we are not sure if that gig next year will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Gavin James playing a few drive-in gigs in July and August. Be interesting to see how they work! https://nialler9.com/drive-in-concerts-with-gavin-james-planned-for-limerick-cork-waterford-and-kilkenny/

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eod100 wrote: »
    Gavin James playing a few drive-in gigs in July and August. Be interesting to see how they work! https://nialler9.com/drive-in-concerts-with-gavin-james-planned-for-limerick-cork-waterford-and-kilkenny/

Drive-In Concerts with Gavin James planned for Limerick, Cork, Waterford and Kilkenny

I wonder what price?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Drive-In Concerts with Gavin James planned for Limerick, Cork, Waterford and Kilkenny

I wonder what price?

60e per car with a max of 4 per car I think

• Subscribers Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

60e per car with a max of 4 per car I think

and all 4 are supposed to be from the one household .....

sydthebeat wrote: »
    and all 4 are supposed to be from the one household .....

Yeah saw that. I'm not sure how that's enforceable but guess it's an honesty policy.

Those 8 Gavin James Drive-In gigs (4 locations, 2 gigs a day) have sold out. Be interesting to see if other artists do it between now and proper live gigs come back

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Those 8 Gavin James Drive-In gigs (4 locations, 2 gigs a day) have sold out. Be interesting to see if other artists do it between now and proper live gigs come back

Hermitage Green doing a few too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see the likes of Coronas or Kodaline following suit

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can see the likes of Coronas or Kodaline following suit

yeah deff a more local bands sort of thing, very hard to see international acts doing it

Im guessing people wont stay inside there cars and wil be out having drinks and food with others

Hadn't seen about Hermitage Green. Ah yeah say it will definitely be more Irish bands doing it as a stopgap until proper live gigs start back again. I dunno, they seem like they're fairly strict on people staying in the car. Could be a license, insurance and/or health and safety issue. Dont think any food or drink is sold there and drink not allowed in. Seems like people will be allowed leave car to use toilet but that's it apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

All they have to do is not amplify the act, just run their gear into the transmission setup, get out of your car, you don't hear ****, setup trays beside the parking space, contactless delivery.... It's fairly cheap and easy to do if you're arsed....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hynesie08 wrote: »
    All they have to do is not amplify the act, just run their gear into the transmission setup, get out of your car, you don't hear ****, setup trays beside the parking space, contactless delivery.... It's fairly cheap and easy to do if you're arsed....

This is Ireland where 80% of the time drink and the craic are involved and rules go out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This is Ireland where 80% of the time drink and the craic are involved and rules go out the window

That's a cop out, I've worked dry concerts before, people are fine if the rules are clearly explained, out of 500+ people, maybe 10 showed up past tipsy, but the vast majority were fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

hynesie08 wrote: »
    That's a cop out, I've worked dry concerts before, people are fine if the rules are clearly explained, out of 500+ people, maybe 10 showed up past tipsy, but the vast majority were fine

In most cases dry concerts are either a. a matinee performance specifically aimed at under 16s, or b. marketed as a dry performance specifically tailored to a non drinking group.

Many people will avoid those specifically because it is not the craic they are looking for and because there are options.

Not sure, with a mainstream artist like Gavin James, with no other alternatives, that this is going to be that easy to run smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »

If the audience are like his music, there will be zero craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mushy wrote: »
    Hermitage Green doing a few too

Live at the Drive In - Cork Limerick and Kilkenny - Heritage Green

€64.50 - Incl. B.F. - (€1 from Ticket & Booking Fee will be donated to charity)

One ticket per car - Max. 4 occupants per car

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

just shi1t bands doing the drive in thing?

• Advertisement

just shi1t bands doing the drive in thing?

Taste is subjective sure. Gavin James gigs sold out in a few days so there is demand for his gigs. Could also encourage promoters to put on other bands and provides income for artists, promoters, sound engineers, security etc so think it's a good thing even if artists playing aren't your thing, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Taste is subjective sure. Gavin James gigs sold out in a few days so there is demand for his gigs.

Yeah but he has zero competition from other acts, cinema, pubs...

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

Yeah but he has zero competition from other acts, cinema, pubs...

Sure but I think it will most be people who are already fans of his rather than people only going because there is literally nothing else on. And capacity reduced as it's drive-in gig too but doesn't really change the overall point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some lad was on Nova this morning talking about the drive in gigs, sounded like he was a promotor or something, you might be able to hear it back somehow.

I only caught a tiny bit. He said there were issues with it, people honking their horns for ages. I guess they do it instead of clapping but no doubt some drunk in the car will be hammering it, hopefully a passenger rather than driver!

Green day Hella Mega tour in the RDS rescheduled to June 30th 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Green day Hella Mega tour in the RDS rescheduled to June 30th 2021

Venue TBA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Venue TBA

Despite their website staying the venue is tbc, tickets are available for purchase for the new date in the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Despite their website staying the venue is tbc, tickets are available for purchase for the new date in the RDS.

Mcd have said TBA aswell
    It’s reckless by ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Mcd have said TBA aswell
    It’s reckless by ticketmaster

Very much so. And they'll be the first to deny a refund if the venue ends up being different.

• Advertisement

Very much so. And they'll be the first to deny a refund if the venue ends up being different.

Thats some mess I didnt even cop that when I saw it tbh just assumed it was in the rds cause its stated as so on the email from ticketmaster. Is that it has to be agreed with the council before they announce the venue that would be some mess if they had to change the venue how would that even work logistically with all the seated tickets?

Advertisement