Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S20+ G985 8GB/128GB Dual Sim - Cosmic Grey €750.49 (-36% €1,152.99)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

3 weeks delivery time oh wow...

You can have one in 3 days from Samsung Ireland for €1129 if you need it urgently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

leanin2019 wrote: »
    Suprised this hasn't appeared on hotukdeals.

I got the S10 normal version last year from wowcamera and no issues since. I know wowcamera is not eglobal but was similar in that sense that I wasn't sure what I was dealing with:pac:

I think they are banned from hduk!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭doctorg

How has delivery time been for folks who have gotten from eglobal? I ordered around 20th June, still waiting. The order tracking doesn't seem to provide much insight

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The offer in OP is for the exynos version (G985). The one you want is the snapdragon version (G986). The exynos SOC has worse battery life and performance compared to snapdragon
    So the one in the post should be avoided? If buying should we pay by credit card or by PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Lenny wrote: »
    So the one in the post should be avoided? If buying should we pay by credit card or by PayPal?

Its currently an extra 110 euro+ or so for the other model, is slightly better battery life/CPU speed worth that? also it has 5G but that isn't particularly widespread yet.

I paid by credit card but not sure what would have been better.

Used "insured" shipping was 12 euro to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thanks I just don't think I can justify paying 750 for a phone the 630 one might just suit my needs,

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

The offer in OP is for the exynos version (G985). The one you want is the snapdragon version (G986). The exynos SOC has worse battery life and performance compared to snapdragon

are they not using the same battery here 4500 mAh? ..will you really notice the performance difference if your not gaming on it...

So has everyone who ordered recieved there unit?

So has everyone who ordered recieved there unit?

Well I only ordered mine on Tuesday. Shipping says 6 - 8 business days as a guideline.

So hopefully will have it within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

doctorg wrote: »
    How has delivery time been for folks who have gotten from eglobal? I ordered around 20th June, still waiting. The order tracking doesn't seem to provide much insight

I ordered on June 18th. Package left Holland yesterday. So that's 3 weeks today. I knew this when ordering so no problem. Handset is half the price of a European order and that's the catch.

You will receive a genuine GLS tracking number when it arrives into Holland in 2 days time, if my calculations are correct.

• Advertisement

Think I'll bite go with it and order this evening, I also got a code off 15euro,is what shipping did others go with, extra insurance e?

Think I'll bite go with it and order this evening, I also got a code off 15euro,is what shipping did others go with, extra insurance e?

Postage dependings on location. 12 euro for me insured. Noticed it was double that to send to Parcel Motel Uk.

Ordered on Tue and got a dispatch email yesterday

Date
    Parcel Status
    2020-07-10
    In transit.
    2020-07-09
    The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse.

I've said previously my last phone came from eglobal - I never had an issue with them .

Suppose the only thing to be mindful is Samsung 2 year warranty won't apply ( as outside Europe )

If anything goes wrong you will be dealing with eglobal (which may be fine )

Maybe someone has here has experience of returning an item etc that can weigh -in , how that worked out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭unhappyBB

I went for the Exynos S20+ G985 8GB/128GB Dual Sim + free wireless charger + shipping insurance. Total cost €675 (no discount codes)
    I would have preferred the Snapdragon but at the time I couldnt figure out if all network bands would work over here.

Ordered: 26 June
    Shipped: 29 June
    Picked up by GLS: 2 July
    Left Netherlands: 3 July
    Arrive Ireland: 8 July
    Delivered: 9 July
    (so ~2 weeks in total)

It looks like its a Singapore model and came with a standard UK style plug BUT the security seal was broken and the box itself doesnt appear the newest. The phone itself does look brand new though, not a scratch, and all plastic protectors still attached.
    So far so good but coming up from a s9+ I'm not seeing much of an improvment tbh.

Good price /delivery time.

I could only guess that maybe customs opened the box at some point .

unhappyBB wrote: »
    I went for the Exynos S20+ G985 8GB/128GB Dual Sim + free wireless charger + shipping insurance. Total cost €675 (no discount codes)
    I would have preferred the Snapdragon but at the time I couldnt figure out if all network bands would work over here.

Ordered: 26 June
    Shipped: 29 June
    Picked up by GLS: 2 July
    Left Netherlands: 3 July
    Arrive Ireland: 8 July
    Delivered: 9 July
    (so ~2 weeks in total)

It looks like its a Singapore model and came with a standard UK style plug BUT the security seal was broken and the box itself doesnt appear the newest. The phone itself does look brand new though, not a scratch, and all plastic protectors still attached.
    So far so good but coming up from a s9+ I'm not seeing much of an improvment tbh.

how did you manage to get a 3pin plug? ..did you ask when buying it?

so if the security seal was broken..i guess its best to do a factory reset on the phone in case some dodgy software was installed on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭unhappyBB

I didn't make any requests but Singapore use the same plug type as us. I went through the usual initial setup when I first powered it up and it automatically downloaded what looked like some kind of Singapore see something, report it app but I just uninstalled it.
    So far everything works, delivery reports, H+, LTE+, and I set up Google pay but haven't used it yet

unhappyBB wrote: »
    I didn't make any requests but Singapore use the same plug type as us. I went through the usual initial setup when I first powered it up and it automatically downloaded what looked like some kind of Singapore see something, report it app but I just uninstalled it.
    So far everything works, delivery reports, H+, LTE+, and I set up Google pay but haven't used it yet

good stuff, and no issues with the networks[bands] 3G,G4,h+,LTE..etc..i might look to get the same phone as u.

how did you manage to get a 3pin plug? ..did you ask when buying it?

so if the security seal was broken..i guess its best to do a factory reset on the phone in case some dodgy software was installed on it..

Probably best to reflash the ROM from official Samsung Website ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Went for the regular S20 from eglobal...590 including insured shipping. First order with them! Hope it arrives this month anyway...good price even compared to sellers on Adverts.

Is flashing the stock rom a big deal? I assume Samsung Ireland won't entertain any warranty claims if required?!

• Advertisement

As these phones are dual sim, would they be locked to some network ?

Perhaps they are breaking the seal so that they can unlock the phones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

These are unlocked phone. Sometime they open the package to flash the phone with global rom.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    These are unlocked phone. Sometime they open the package to flash the phone with global rom.

anyway to know thats all that was done?...paraniod android here -- its not me its the cyper war im stuck in-b-tween..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The Asian models mostly have a 3 pin plug in them. The security seals are broken as Samsung started region locking their phones. You need to make a call for 5 minutes in that region before it can be used in another. So the boxes are opened for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

anyway to know thats all that was done?...paraniod android here -- its not me its the cyper war im stuck in-b-tween..:eek:

Dont worry they dont do anything else. They have a business to run and reputation does matter. I have bought few phones from them, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Really torn between getting my wife an S20+ or an S10+ as a replacement for her S8 which is now got pretty slow and always short of storage. Camera and Battery osy important for her really.

Any Advice from new S20+ owners welcomed. I am a little concerned with some feedback on the camera and battery life of the S20+ that is making me thing perhaps the S10+ would be better . Both similarly priced ,especially if i Got the 512G version of the S10+

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Slightly off topic but what's the best price on S20?

Think ill need to change phone soon and not sure I like the size of S20+

Superfint wrote: »
    Really torn between getting my wife an S20+ or an S10+ as a replacement for her S8 which is now got pretty slow and always short of storage. Camera and Battery osy important for her really.

Any Advice from new S20+ owners welcomed. I am a little concerned with some feedback on the camera and battery life of the S20+ that is making me thing perhaps the S10+ would be better . Both similarly priced ,especially if i Got the 512G version of the S10+

What feedback are you getting about s20+ (battery and camera)

yabadabado wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but what's the best price on S20?

Think ill need to change phone soon and not sure I like the size of S20+

best price always seems to be - https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/mobiles-tablets/mobile-phones/samsung.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Yeah saw that and haven't seen anything lower.

Getting €420 for my S10 and I think its worth upgrading while I can do the upgrade for €160 .

Advertisement