Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has anyone won off Pigsback?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Gormal

I quit them when I started getting marketing calls. Also wonder if anyone wins on FPD.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 blackro12345

Any tips for the Premier League tickets competition? Do they contact you if you haven't won?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Did anyone win tickets to the Vodafone comedy festival with the spin and win or independent?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Gangu

cvb03 wrote: »
    Did anyone win tickets to the Vodafone comedy festival with the spin and win or independent?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cbee20

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has anyone won off Pigsback?
    No, but I know someone who won a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cbee20

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

Has anyone else stopped receiving replies from 50400? Contacted Vodafone about it and they weren't any help! Wondering if my entries are still getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ladymary

I entered 2 comps on 50400 last night and got a reply for both.

ladymary wrote: »
    I entered 2 comps on 50400 last night and got a reply for both.

Me too. I’ve started doing competitions again after years. Feeling very hard to win any! Isn’t it?!

• Advertisement

Any competition to win tickets for the horse show?

Gangu wrote:
    Me too. I’ve started doing competitions again after years. Feeling very hard to win any!

Ya used to have great luck on the text comps but not had any win in ages, seems to be fewer comps in general and prob more people doing them..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

Any lucky winners in this weeks Coca Cola draw??

- might be a bit early to know I suppose. Although be nice to hear if anyone does!

dubs09 wrote: »

- might be a bit early to know I suppose. Although be nice to hear if anyone does!

Yes I did, I cant believe it. Off to London in October to see crystal palace and man city.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

Yes I did, I cant believe it. Off to London in October to see crystal palace and man city.

Wow amazing! I chose Crystal Palace too so I guess that means I didn't win this week!

Wow amazing! I chose Crystal Palace too so I guess that means I didn't win this week!

Keep at it, I hope you win soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get responses again from 50400. I used to get the for every competition. They just stopped on Saturday, Vodafone have been no help with trying to fix it. Not sure where to go next?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get responses again from 50400. I used to get the for every competition. They just stopped on Saturday, Vodafone have been no help with trying to fix it. Not sure where to go next?

I am with Three and I get replies from 50400 comps

Just text the latest comp text EXPERIENCE to 50400 and got this reply "Thanks we have received your football entry! All winners will be notified at the end of the promotion".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

ladymary wrote: »
    Just text the latest comp text EXPERIENCE to 50400 and got this reply "Thanks we have received your football entry! All winners will be notified at the end of the promotion".

What network?

M

macguru wrote:
    What network?

Am with Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am with Three and I get replies from 50400 comps
    I know a lot of people get replies regardless of network. I was getting replies untill last week. I was just wondering if anyone managed to fix not getting replies as I know a few people have had this issue

As was mentioned before, I'm wondering if I should post pay to enter competitions?
    Like the raffles to win a house, car, cow etc. Keep on the main thread, or start a new thread for pay to enter?

I know there are a couple of places like lottery comps, but I'm not going to list them as it's like gambling.

I think Twitter is one of the best social platforms to try win competitions. You can search for specific things you want to win

Are you finding less now than before, with the new twitter look... I'm finding less this year than last year.

Gormal wrote: »
    Are you finding less now than before, with the new twitter look... I'm finding less this year than last year.

They are hard to find

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I think there are less competitons in general. There's definitely less on Twitter. They might have moved to insta but I haven't figured out how to find competitions on insta

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

As was mentioned before, I'm wondering if I should post pay to enter competitions?
    Like the raffles to win a house, car, cow etc. Keep on the main thread, or start a new thread for pay to enter?

I know there are a couple of places like lottery comps, but I'm not going to list them as it's like gambling.

I wouldn't bother really, don't mind the text ones from RTE etc but the charity house raffles are getting really common now and they're not really competitions, they're really expensive too.

Nothing against people looking for them and entering themselves, but they're not the main idea of the thread. Probably not enough either to open a new thread.

Purchase a product to enter is also fine in my opinion, allows people to decide themselves.

Something like the St James Hospital car raffle to me is a grey area - €5 a ticket for a charity. Wouldn't be entering these prolifically but if I was in the shop I would buy tickets anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Are people entering via log in or via FB messenger?

I’m entering with FB messenger. I hope I’m not wasting my time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Keep at it, I hope you win soon.

Which day did they tell you you'd won?

I know the weeks run Monday -> Sunday, but curious as to when the winners are told...

Advertisement