Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hy Gieni

Dr. Oetker Ready Rolled Icing is marked at €1 in Paul St. Tesco online has it at €3.99.
    Pack has enough to cover an 8 inch cake, top and sides.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=252204172

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just a little alert, and maybe ye knew about it already, but I only discovered it yesterday evening..

if you purchase 6 or more bottles of wine, then you get 5% off (which most of us know). However, if you add a bottle of spirits to the 6 bottles of wine, that will also be included in the 5% off.

I wonder will it be the same when they do the 25% off for 6+ bottles of wine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Hy Gieni wrote: »
    Dr. Oetker Ready Rolled Icing is marked at €1 in Paul St. Tesco online has it at €3.99.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=252204172
    Good deal at €1 but watch the exp date. Probably still good even if a little out of date, but more likely to crack I think. I bought some in Sept which had reached Use By Date now, but still planning to use for Christmas. A lot of the cake decorating stuff that my local Tesco cleared out in Aug/Sep was already expired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ablelocks wrote: »
    I wonder will it be the same when they do the 25% off for 6+ bottles of wine...

Don't think they'll be running that deal anytime soon. Hasn't run at any of the usual times this year.

• Funsize chocolate M&M's priced at €0.92c in Tesco Castlebar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

prodsc wrote: »
    Selected Tesco stores til Sunday;

1 Litre
    Smirnoff, Gordon's ,Capt Morgan & Bacardi €20
    Slabs Heineken, Guinness and Bud €20.

stores include Dundalk extra/ Drogheda extra/Letterkenny sq/Monaghan/Longwalk Dundalk/Bettystown/Cavan/Balbriggan/Sligo/Drogheda

'Selected' Sounds very like 'close to the border'. Think we will probably see more of them if sterling stays weak. If you travel north for drink chances are you will get your other groceries there as well. Instead of the hike north might be worthwhile checking out this offer if it's repeated. Wonder when the AldiLidl vouchers are due to appear and if Tesco will take them this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

joeysoap wrote: »
    Wonder when the AldiLidl vouchers are due to appear and if Tesco will take them this year?

last year it was early december they came out, tescos site still says they accept them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

rubadub wrote: »
    last year it was early december they came out, tescos site still says they accept them.

They'll definitely take them if they are issued. Christmas market is lucrative. Dunnes vouchers still being taken.

joeysoap wrote: »
    ... Wonder when the AldiLidl vouchers are due to appear and if Tesco will take them this year?
    Don't forget to use Supervalue vouchers. I presume everyone gets them the same time. I got set of four €5 off €25. First one expires today. I'm going to use it today in Tesco.

vicwatson wrote: »
    They'll definitely take them if they are issued. Christmas market is lucrative. Dunnes vouchers still being taken.
    is this the €10 of your next shop of €50 type, the ones printed on receipt paper?
    leck wrote: »
    Don't forget to use Supervalue vouchers. I presume everyone gets them the same time. I got set of four €5 off €25.
    I take it this after signing up for a supervalu card. I rarely spend much there so have not gotten a card. If this is for cardholders can any low spenders tell me if they got vouchers like this in the post?

Back on offers, a lot of the flavoured absoluts and the standard are €20 for 700ml
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=absolut

baileys is €12 for 700ml and not listed as an offer, it might drop to 10 coming closer to christmas but often is sold out. Meanwhile the 1L baileys IS listed as an offer, at €24 (i.e. price of 2 700ml bottles!)

• Advertisement

I take it this after signing up for a supervalu card. I rarely spend much there so have not gotten a card. If this is for cardholders can any low spenders tell me if they got vouchers like this in the post?
    I'm a low spender. I rarely shop at Supervalu and then only when looking for something I can't find at Tesco or Aldi. I got the coupons a couple of weeks ago by post. My sister, who shops a lot at Supervalu, didn't get these coupons, so maybe being a low-spender triggers the coupons as they try to get us in the door?

maybe being a low-spender triggers the coupons as they try to get us in the door?
    This may well be the case, there was a time I kept getting tesco vouchers which were very good in the post, while bigger spenders in the area got none. I had dropped off my spending around that time as I happened to be going elsewhere to shop. I used those all up and dropped my spending again and got another round of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

is this the €10 of your next shop of €50 type, the ones printed on receipt paper?

It sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hy Gieni

Best before 14/09/2016

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hy Gieni View Post

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Produ.../?id=252204172
    Good deal at €1 but watch the exp date. Probably still good even if a little out of date, but more likely to crack I think. I bought some in Sept which had reached Use By Date now, but still planning to use for Christmas. A lot of the cake decorating stuff that my local Tesco cleared out in Aug/Sep was already expired.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Don't forget to use Supervalue vouchers. I presume everyone gets them the same time. I got set of four €5 off €25. First one expires today. I'm going to use it today in Tesco.

Am a low spender too and received €5 off €25 vouchers. My mother received €6 off €30. I've already used the first of both sets in Tesco in the past week.

Don't forget that these are now also available to print off from your Real Rewards account on the SuperValu website or you can use them on the Real Rewards app on your mobile so you can use the voucher posted out to you in Tesco and use the same voucher in SuperValu and get the benefit of the discount twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

tubs of dime,oreo and flake ice cream €2 in arklow tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭mikep

Frozen turkeys are half price in Cashel, 3 different sizes I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

in Tesco Drogheda today, Killeen Wheelie bin numbers reduced to 10c 3 in each pack

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Quackster wrote: »
    Am a low spender too and received €5 off €25 vouchers. My mother received €6 off €30. I've already used the first of both sets in Tesco in the past week.

Don't forget that these are now also available to print off from your Real Rewards account on the SuperValu website or you can use them on the Real Rewards app on your mobile so you can use the voucher posted out to you in Tesco and use the same voucher in SuperValu and get the benefit of the discount twice!

I have the vouchers that were posted out to me - and I love the idea of using the twice! - but I cannot see them when I am logged into my SV account .. where on the web page should I be able to see them? tia

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

holly8 wrote: »
    I have the vouchers that were posted out to me - and I love the idea of using the twice! - but I cannot see them when I am logged into my SV account .. where on the web page should I be able to see them? tia

Go to supervalu.ie/rewards and click on the 'My Vouchers' tab. They should be in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

KP dry roasted peanuts from €2 to 50c in the small shop off the Square in Tralee. Not short dated so looks as if they are no longer stocking the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Tubs of Roses, Quality Street, Heroes, Celebration's 4.95 each.

Box of 20 packs of Tayto Cheese & Onion, Variety or King Cheese & Onion Crisps 4.00 each.

Tesco Lemon/Chocolate cake (rectangle size), 2.50 each or 3 cakes for 3.00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Those were not that price in store, I wonder if they would have honoured it if bought online.

They are reduced by 13cent to 95cent, I guess there was a mixup with the 13

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=251931548

They were withdrawn from sale at that low price and reappeared at 95cent. had two ordered and they showed as being unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EBono96

Trek Berry Burst Wholefood energy bars 3 pack only 1 euro in Tesco Maynooth. All other flavours 3.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just for fun

Bourbon 296g 29 cent

twin pack €1.90

what's shocking is that some of the twin packs are sold!

401901.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just for fun

Bourbon 296g 29 cent

twin pack €1.90

401901.jpg

fyi a single pack is 19c Aldi

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just for fun
    Bourbon 296g 29 cent
    twin pack €1.90
    Twin packs were something like 39c or 49c a couple of months ago. Maybe I've forgotten what Bourbon Creams should taste like, but even for a biscuit-lover like me, these Tesco ones taste like sweetened sawdust.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

EBono96 wrote: »
    Trek Berry Burst Wholefood energy bars 3 pack only 1 euro in Tesco Maynooth. All other flavours 3.25.

Scans full price in nenagh

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Time to give back..
    May be limited to certain stores
    Galway SC tesco - Glenfiddich 12 no price on shelf, scanning with an asterisk (usually means it is Clearance) 25 euro!
    Have not seen it on the shelves there before. About 4 left just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

120 green blend (or whatever they are) Lyons tea €1.14 in tesco Coonagh, the gold blend (red pack) €1.24
    These are usually around €4.50 I think.

Advertisement