Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

DriveSkill wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anyone have anything delivered to the Hatfield depot recently in the UK ?

I have had 20 or so parcels delivered through there recently due to amazon delays and its been fine. I have had confirmation from address pal shortly after delivery and its been home within 4 to 6 days from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

krissovo wrote: »
    I have had 20 or so parcels delivered through there recently due to amazon delays and its been fine. I have had confirmation from address pal shortly after delivery and its been home within 4 to 6 days from then.

Did you get to see the signature from the delivery to AddressPal ? Was there a meaningful name on it ?

So mine was supposedly accepted by a MISS AGA but the actual writing does not match that - looks like either poi, iod (if its up side down) but definitely not AGA (and no Miss :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

No signatures just a generic email:

Hello xxxxx

Good news! Your AddressPal item has been received, and your item will be delivered to the following address:

krissovo wrote: »
    No signatures just a generic email:

Hello xxxxx

Good news! Your AddressPal item has been received, and your item will be delivered to the following address:

The signature piece is actually from ParcelForce (not AddressPal themselves). If you have a tracking number (from ParcelForce) as part of the original shipment to the AddressPal depot then you get to see the signature of it being accepted in there - that is really what I was looking to see if anyone had examples of that so I could compare.

I think its safe to add my one here as an example : https://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace?trackNumber=UH8369882

Update on my case is Dyson and ParcelForce support have both been really helpful and responsive in trying to track it down. AddressPal have been non-responsive and impossible to get any type of consistency and seems their phone and email support are totally disconnected teams. As requested by Dyson I opened a Crime Report with the police and Dyson have offered a replacement (which I wont be getting shipped via AddressPal :-) )

I know other people have had positive experiences and when everything goes well it probably works great but perhaps a better judge of a company is how they handle issues. Based on some other reviews on trustpilot for AddressPal they mirror almost exactly the experience I had and to give it 1 star would be generous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I ordered online the weekend before last. The shop doesn't deliver outside the UK so I used addresspal.

I got an email last Tuesday to say the order is processed. I presume the order is finished and dispatched. I didn't get any tracking. The email quoted the addresspal address but the number wasn't in the address.

A week later from the processed email, there's no update to the addresspal account. I didn't get an email or phone call from address pal either to ask me about a package.

I'm kind of in limbo now with this order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

How is addresspal with accepting a battery from amazon? High chance of being refused?

owlbethere wrote: »
    I ordered online the weekend before last. The shop doesn't deliver outside the UK so I used addresspal.

I got an email last Tuesday to say the order is processed. I presume the order is finished and dispatched. I didn't get any tracking. The email quoted the addresspal address but the number wasn't in the address.

A week later from the processed email, there's no update to the addresspal account. I didn't get an email or phone call from address pal either to ask me about a package.

If your APW number is not on the delivery you could be in trouble based on my experience. Customer support is pretty poor, my package was never found even with a ParcelForce tracking and confirmation via their GPS that it was delivered to the AddressPal depot. AddressPal were less than helpful so best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

Contact the seller.

They obviously left out the APW number and they should've used the exact address that you gave them.

DriveSkill wrote: »
    If your APW number is not on the delivery you could be in trouble based on my experience. Customer support is pretty poor, my package was never found even with a ParcelForce tracking and confirmation via their GPS that it was delivered to the AddressPal depot. AddressPal were less than helpful so best of luck.

It happened to me before where the number was left out. They are usually very good at sorting it out. They usually phone or email to say they have a package with your name and could you respond back if you are waiting for a parcel. They usually do sort it out.

Just wondering now what to do? It's been 7 days or 5 working days since dispatch and no confirmation from addresspal. Should I email addresspal or will I get in touch from the shop that I ordered from and ask for a tracking number.

spix wrote: »
    How is addresspal with accepting a battery from amazon? High chance of being refused?

I think it depends on how they are being transported.

There are certain types of batteries that are not allow by air.

I would advise contacting An Post to ask.

• Advertisement

Contact the seller.

They obviously left out the APW number and they should've used the exact address that you gave them.

OK, I'm going to email them now.

It happened to me before where the number was left out. They are usually very good at sorting it out. They usually phone or email to say they have a package with your name and could you respond back if you are waiting for a parcel. They usually do sort it out.

Just wondering now what to do? It's been 7 days or 5 working days since dispatch and no confirmation from addresspal. Should I email addresspal or will I get in touch from the shop that I ordered from and ask for a tracking number.

I thought you had contacted An Post.

Call them before the shop.

OK, I'm going to email them now.

Call An Post first.

I thought you already had

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

spix wrote: »

Read the first post and charter.

I emailed the shop I ordered from and it there is tracking on the parcel. It said it was delivered on Saturday morning and signed for by adpal.

I emailed addresspal and I got a generic response. They replied back to me and their response was fairly useless.

I'm fairly certain I used the APW number but the dispatch email never quoted it in the delivery address. Does that make sense.

Addresspal never got in touch with me about a parcel without a number. So there is a parcel for me somewhere.

I emailed the shop I ordered from and it there is tracking on the parcel. It said it was delivered on Saturday morning and signed for by adpal.

I emailed addresspal and I got a generic response. They replied back to me and their response was fairly useless.

I'm fairly certain I used the APW number but the dispatch email never quoted it in the delivery address. Does that make sense.

Addresspal never got in touch with me about a parcel without a number. So there is a parcel for me somewhere.

If the seller didn't use the APW in the email I would take that as a sign that they didn't use it on the address label.

However it has arrived at the destination.

I was thinking earlier that such an omission means the parcel is "doomed" however the APW is code specific to you that allows An Postto match your name to your home address. It just complicates it without it.

My guess is that they've tossed it on a pile until they get around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

I emailed addresspal and I got a generic response. They replied back to me and their response was fairly useless,sometimes I have

The shop where the item was delivered from is more at fault if they didn't use your full address that you supplied them wit,its not address pal fault in this instance,sometimes I have same problem with eBay sellers just putting my name and no numbers but address pal do email me when that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Anytime Amazon have tracking on items to be delivered to address pal on my behalf, it just says handed to reception or just delivered,it probably is the courier themselves that sign it that where it was delivered to.

If the seller didn't use the APW in the email I would take that as a sign that they didn't use it on the address label.

However it has arrived at the destination.

I was thinking earlier that such an omission means the parcel is "doomed" however the APW is code specific to you that allows An Postto match your name to your home address. It just complicates it without it.

My guess is that they've tossed it on a pile until they get around to it.

There's still no update to my package that was supposed to be delivered to addresspal in the UK last Saturday. I am fairly certain I provided the APW number but the dispatch email never had it. I was thinking the same, maybe its in a crate of stuff to be sorted and they didn't get around to doing it yet.

I never got an email or phone call from address pal to require if I have anything ordered for addresspal.

I emailed addresspal again today to require about my lost item. I will see what their response is tomorrow and I might phone the customer services number by Monday if there's no update tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Had a home delivery in less than 36hrs this week, v impressed

• Advertisement

There's still no update to my package that was supposed to be delivered to addresspal in the UK last Saturday. I am fairly certain I provided the APW number but the dispatch email never had it. I was thinking the same, maybe its in a crate of stuff to be sorted and they didn't get around to doing it yet.

I never got an email or phone call from address pal to require if I have anything ordered for addresspal.

I emailed addresspal again today to require about my lost item. I will see what their response is tomorrow and I might phone the customer services number by Monday if there's no update tomorrow.

You won't have any contact about the parcel until they match your name to your APW because the APW is how they get your contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Daisy000

How exactly Adress Pal collects vat? I was charged €15 when the parcel left New Jersey and nothing else since then but I know I will be charged the %23 Vat. I’m waiting for home delivery today. Will I have to pay at the door? Will they charge my bank account once it’s delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Daisy000 wrote: »
    How exactly Adress Pal collects vat? I was charged €15 when the parcel left New Jersey and nothing else since then but I know I will be charged the %23 Vat. I’m waiting for home delivery today. Will I have to pay at the door? Will they charge my bank account once it’s delivered?

You'll only be invoiced if it goes through customs when they attempt to deliver it. You generally have to pay at the door or if you can't, pay at the depot. It's a painfully archaic process as sometimes they'll only take cash (irrespective of you not knowing in advance how much it is).

I've had loads that were just delivered with no import duties (even though they were eligible) and a couple that I did get charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Daisy000 wrote: »

I have never had a single AddressPal item delivered to my home that has had customs owed.

I always get a card through the door telling me how much is owed and to collect it from the DSO. The only take cash/postal order.

Did you get anywhere with this ? I got to a dead-end with my attempts locating mine which apparently was delivered to them on June 29th but they refuse to accept it ever arrived, so I've given up. Part of me still thinks it might be sitting in a corner somewhere and they just didnt find it yet and some day I might get a surprise message!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Had a package delivered to NJ hub yesterday, no contact yet from addresspal, what’s the normal current delay from them receiving to get an email?
    Want to chase it as soon as need to in case of it going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

copacetic wrote: »
    Had a package delivered to NJ hub yesterday, no contact yet from addresspal, what’s the normal current delay from them receiving to get an email?

My recent ones have been around 2 days from receipt to getting the email notification. Some sooner than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

The only reason to use AddressPal is their mainland UK location. If ParcelWizard or ParcelMotel had a mainland UK location, AddressPal would fade away. 5 working days to get a package from their Hatfield,England location to their local post office.

Scottish shops can send to southern england overnight at low cost with Royal Mail, DPD can deliver from Scotland in 2 days, yet An Post needs the bones of a week to take items across the sea. And they're tracking is non-existent.

It would be nice if they could say "yes, we've received parcel. estimated delivery to local post office is date x."

Royal Mail puts them to shame with their service & cost.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

copacetic wrote: »

Still nothing from them, took a couple of days to respond to an email with the tracking confirmation, just asking for more details to launch an investigation. Presume that means they can see from tracking it was delivered but it’s missing. Doesn’t sound hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I usually collect from my PO but I want to order an item that's slightly larger & use the home delivery service. Can I do this as a one off without diverting all deliveries to my home ?

Mods please delete. I found the answer :)

Advertisement