Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S20+ G985 8GB/128GB Dual Sim - Cosmic Grey €750.49 (-36% €1,152.99)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

I just ordered SAMSUNG GALAXY S20 PLUS 5G DUAL SIM (G9860) 12GB RAM 128GB UNLOCKED - from WONDA MOBILE ..€898.14...

UPDATE:15.07
    ... Your Parcel has been dispatched from Hong Kong, it will take around 3-4 working days to arrive at our UK warehouse, then will pass to the courier for delivery. Attached tracking no...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Is there ever any import duty with that place?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

https://www.phonesonline.ie/samsung-galaxy-s20-plus.html

One of my parents needed a new phone (only for the pure basics of whatsapp) so I picked up this phone for myself and gave her my old one. It was delivered within two days, Im no technie but I really love it. It was an absolute splurge with zero research and i don't know if it was much of a deal at all at that price but ye can decide for yereselves

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

Tig98 wrote: »
    https://www.phonesonline.ie/samsung-galaxy-s20-plus.html

One of my parents needed a new phone (only for the pure basics of whatsapp) so I picked up this phone for myself and gave her my old one. It was delivered within two days, Im no technie but I really love it. It was an absolute splurge with zero research and i don't know if it was much of a deal at all at that price but ye can decide for yereselves

that seems a good enough deal...good find, they must have cut their prices recently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I just ordered SAMSUNG GALAXY S20 PLUS 5G DUAL SIM (G9860) 12GB RAM 128GB UNLOCKED - from WONDA MOBILE ..€898.14...

UPDATE:15.07
    ... Your Parcel has been dispatched from Hong Kong, it will take around 3-4 working days to arrive at our UK warehouse, then will pass to the courier for delivery. Attached tracking no...

I've used Wonda a few times before, never had any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Is there ever any import duty with that place?

No , they gaurantee you won't have to pay duty .

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clashoftheash1

Pacifico wrote: »
    Went for the regular S20 from eglobal...590 including insured shipping. First order with them! Hope it arrives this month anyway...good price even compared to sellers on Adverts.

Is flashing the stock rom a big deal? I assume Samsung Ireland won't entertain any warranty claims if required?!

I'm thinking of getting the S20 myself or the S10, the plus models are too big.

Any update on your order? (I've never ordered from them myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

I'm thinking of getting the S20 myself or the S10, the plus models are too big.

Any update on your order? (I've never ordered from them myself)

I placed an order for S20 on the 14th and they came back to me on 17th to say the it was out of stock but should be back and dispatched within 2-3 days .
    Still nothing, im not in a hurry but they could say when ordering if something isn't in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Dr hoRse

Just had samsung s20 delivered, less than 2 weeks after ordering from egloba, great service so far.
    It's from samsung malaysia according to the IMEI code
    Theres an inlay 'Regional lock guide' which basically says that the phone needs to be unlocked with a sim from the south-east asia region and to use with other regions a 5 minute call needs to be made with a SE-Asia sim and if another region sim card is used the phone may not work.

Anyone with experience of this? - Should I just put my SIM in and go for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Dr hoRse wrote: »
    Should I just put my SIM in and go for it?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Dr hoRse

Just had samsung s20 delivered, less than 2 weeks after ordering from egloba, great service so far.
    Theres an inlay 'Regional lock guide' which basically says that the phone needs to be unlocked with a sim from the south-east asia region and to use with other regions a 5 minute call needs to be made with a SE-Asia sim and if another region sim card is used the phone may not work.

Just an update on this, the phone works perfectly, no issues so far. So just over €600 for an S20, delivered and everything within 3 weeks.
    Had reservations about eglobal myself but can't fault them here at all

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Can't fault it either, ordered on Tuesday 15 recieved it on Monday, less than 2weeks,
    Happy enough, I do wonder how thy bring them in it was just jn a bag with the dpd sticker, no other tracking info on it

I ordered the S20 on 14th July and they are telling me its out of stock since then .
    I enquired on the 21st about it and was told more stock expected in 2 or 3 days ,I asked again today and got the same response.

I wouldn't mind but they wouldn't have told me it was out of stock except I enquired and they are still selling the phone with no mention that it isn't in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

If it is from Malaysia it is the same chip as the phone they sell here , basically Samsuungs own Exynos chip.

Other parts of the world get the snapdragon chip.

I placed an order for S20 on the 14th and they came back to me on 17th to say the it was out of stock but should be back and dispatched within 2-3 days .
    Still nothing, im not in a hurry but they could say when ordering if something isn't in stock.

Did you order the "Samsung Galaxy S20 8GB/128GB Dual Sim - Cloud Blue"? I ordered that one on the 24th (straight away after I asked you about it!) and they sent me an email straight away saying my order was being processed and I've heard nothing since.

I never inquired or tried to find out more though as I just accepted it was gonna be at least 3 weeks going by what I had read.

I ordered the grey version. Still no sign of it to dispatch .

I ordered the grey version. Still no sign of it to dispatch .

Did you try and get in touch with them? I replied to the original confirmation email (like they said to do if you had questions) but I never got a response. On the site the status is still down as 'processing'.

The ****ers sent me an email today then with all the offers they have and the exact phone I ordered is one of them...

Did you try and get in touch with them? I replied to the original confirmation email (like they said to do if you had questions) but I never got a response. On the site the status is still down as 'processing'.

The ****ers sent me an email today then with all the offers they have and the exact phone I ordered is one of them...

I emailed them twice and both times they replied 2 or 3 days later with the same excuse that they are expecting stock in 2/3 days and will dispatch it then.

I'm going to give it until the end of this week and then I think I'm going to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Same as. Will likely cancel tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭leanin2019

Ordered my S20+ on July 7th 2020, received on July 28th. so 3 weeks exactly.

So far so good. Language was wrong when turning on but once it recognised sim it restarted and rebooted into English.

28/07/2020 13:42
    The parcel has been delivered.
    Ireland

28/07/2020 08:48
    The parcel is expected to be delivered during the day.
    Ireland

28/07/2020 07:53
    The parcel has reached the parcel center.
    Ireland

27/07/2020 16:40
    Ireland

24/07/2020 23:07
    The parcel has left the parcel center.
    United Kingdom

23/07/2020 18:20
    Netherlands

The parcel was handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands

08/07/2020 10:29
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands

• Advertisement

I emailed them twice and both times they replied 2 or 3 days later with the same excuse that they are expecting stock in 2/3 days and will dispatch it then.

I'm going to give it until the end of this week and then I think I'm going to cancel.

How are you contacting them? I replied to the initial confirmation email but I got no response and I can't find another way of talking to them.

How are you contacting them? I replied to the initial confirmation email but I got no response and I can't find another way of talking to them.

I used the confirmation email and they responded twice but it wasn't much use when they just spin the same story .
    Over 3 weeks now since I ordered and it hasn't been dispatched yet.

Edit:

They replied to me this morning to say stock is expected next week.Ive told them to cancel the order.

All they had to do was say it was out of stock at the beginning and I would have purchased the S20+.This craic of saying stock is coming in 3 days is annoying ,dont sell me something if you don't have it.

Same. I would have bought any of the S20s they showed if they came back and said they were in stock.

Don't know what I did to the boys that they aren't responding to my emails though. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that they actually are 'processing' my order.

Whist. Got an email today saying they are currently packing my order and getting it ready for dispatch.

Knew these boys would pull through. Never doubted em.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

leanin2019 wrote: »
    Ordered my S20+ on July 7th 2020, received on July 28th. so 3 weeks exactly.

So far so good. Language was wrong when turning on but once it recognised sim it restarted and rebooted into English.

28/07/2020 13:42
    The parcel has been delivered.
    Ireland

28/07/2020 08:48
    The parcel is expected to be delivered during the day.
    Ireland

28/07/2020 07:53
    Ireland

27/07/2020 16:40
    Ireland

24/07/2020 23:07
    United Kingdom

Netherlands

The parcel was handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands

08/07/2020 10:29
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.
    Netherlands

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s20-g985-8gb-128gb-dual-sim-cosmic-grey-1.html?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=70b62bd82afed57da4b677ce423e5b2c2ee7de25-1597143581-0-AZVPkvw0klhrT-Q_FrG3c1MWKWQ2_xHSiPvsXLxsZFaRhtssx4VJz8tMEnxVbTVVQJje7puPwUH3lco7SHn2n2m-5n0cwJM3MHsjr1booxrfUqQ9-UQ7C9gwcvXJUATEgKUSQdnHEUl-L2muWyroLxchDbOwZj-SYoYbBiJR-uU8myUGjLTLHhdfcHW5oGl3kQe0CVMW6e2wP4CFizUKnMygAxo3coOGvX1h-SQlB935OG_EcIFdPd3wzaWrInk2wNMAviwqjoPEbxawvMgUzLdnEYJF33CDTMS3_It-swlB2nFAfO_F0ffp-kB6ngA6QgjjFB2at8T0AhPQXabQcxmEq9oPmwCqLm4hxAOxOsGPQoZZTj9JeQDG5euerKcqdjpn10hbKyNIT9Wvl18O5XQdGe8oxDSDQjQAl9E9Erfl

This one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

how did you manage to get a 3pin plug? ..did you ask when buying it?

so if the security seal was broken..i guess its best to do a factory reset on the phone in case some dodgy software was installed on it..
    doctorg wrote: »
    Probably best to reflash the ROM from official Samsung Website ?

I bought a phone from eGlobal in 2015....Everything was apparently fine initially but it the software the phone shipped with was intended for another market/region (may have been Malaysia/Hong Kong - can't remember now)

Issue was I never got any Android OS or Manufacturer updates.

Then had to try flashing phone....lots of stress, nothing worked, phone almost bricked multiple times trying random ROMs that some Dude online "swears" works perfect (?!) It was a horrible place to be.....

Not sure if any of the above is still a concern today but it 1000% put me off eGlobal for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

Phone mentioned in the OP is now gone down to €611.99. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is this Snapdragon or Exynos version?

Snapdragon version is a lot better in terms of overall performance.

maik3n wrote: »
    Phone mentioned in the OP is now gone down to €611.99. ;)
    It was €592.79, so has actually gone up in price recently. I ordered it on the 22nd July and it was despatched on rhe 14th August, so if ordering, set your expectations appropriately. With EGlobal, 'in stock' actually means 'in stock at some point in the near future'.

• Advertisement

It's kind of hard to tell but the G985 designation seems to suggest it's the Exynos variant, based on:
    https://www.techwalls.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-plus-model-number-sm-g985-g986-differences/

Advertisement