Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instocktrades

• 19-12-2019 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience of using instocktrades to ship to Ireland ?
    Are tpb/hc considered books when it comes to vat and what rate would they be charged at ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

I haven't bought from Instocktrades, but I have bought in bulk from other American comic shops over the years. All printed comics in any format are considered to be books, so are free from VAT at importation. But be careful not to order anything else that is not a book. If you buy 50 graphic novels, there will be no tax, but if you buy 50 graphic novels and one action figure, you may have to pay customs duty on the value of the entire order including the shipping.

In my experience, when I stuck to issues, trade paperbacks and hardcovers, there was nothing more to pay. I only ever had to pay extra when the order included games and toys.

For peace of mind, you can ask them not to throw in any freebies that aren't books and ask them to declare it "printed material only" on the customs forms.

Advertisement