Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sony WH1000XM3 £229

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fiload

For anyone thinking of purchasing I would highly recommend them, I have the XM1's for nearly 3 years and they are still going strong, very happy with the purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Going for €214 on Amazon.es at the moment. Don't know postage charges. I believe this price is in response to Media Markt's VAT-free offers this weekend and so will probably revert to 249 or whatever tomorrow. The xm3 earbuds also going cheap at €148.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

Going for €214 on Amazon.es at the moment. Don't know postage charges. I believe this price is in response to Media Markt's VAT-free offers this weekend and so will probably revert to 249 or whatever tomorrow. The xm3 earbuds also going cheap at €148.

They don't seem to ship to Irl / UK. Unless I'm doing something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

quarryman wrote: »
    Surprised at all the positive comments here. The WH1000s are regarded as poor when it comes to call quality. If you just listen to music then you’ll be ok. But don’t expect them to provide good call quality to whoever is on the other end of the call.

I was in the market recently and picked up AirPods Pro. Much better earphones than these.

Really? Not good to compare in ear and on ear. Had Both. AirPods kept falling out. If comparing in ear then the WF-1000XM3. The WF are excellent, and they stay in your ears.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ash_

It is down to €207.78 (discount applied at checkout) in Amazon Germany

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07GDR2LYK/

Delivery fee is €8.50/9.54 to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

Any discount code to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,179 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ash_ wrote: »

Would you not sign up for prime free trial to get free delivery? (Doesn't seem to recognise my .co.uk membership on the .de site)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

noodler wrote: »
    Would you not sign up for prime free trial to get free delivery? (Doesn't seem to recognise my .co.uk membership on the .de site)
    From Amazon DE, you can only get free Prime delivery to Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxemburg & the Netherlands.

Quackster wrote: »
    From Amazon DE, you can only get free Prime delivery to Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxemburg & the Netherlands.

Weird it is asking me to take the trail for free delivery even tho it's established I'm in Ireland!

Thanks tho

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭sugarman20

That's a good price. I love these headphones. Great for blocking out the missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

sugarman20 wrote: »
    That's a good price. I love these headphones. Great for blocking out the missus.

Do they work on all missuses? I might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Any idea how long that promotion is running for?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

Anyone know how they compare against the Bose QC2s ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Anyone know how they compare against the Bose QC2s ?

https://www.soundguys.com/sony-wh-1000xm3-or-bose-qc35-ii-which-to-buy-22275/

“Both are exceptional headphones, but there are tradeoffs on either. However, in most respects: the Sony WH-1000XM3 ( among the best headphones Sony has to offer) is the runaway winner here.”

Can personally vouch for the XM3’s as being fantastic. Picked up the XM4’s on Amazon a few days ago for £298.

Went for it.

Looking forward to trying them.assume non-issue returning to .de site if any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Most reviews and users rate the Sony better for noise cancellation. Sony are also a newer headphone them the Bose.

I've just ordered, they will be here Monday week. I had previously ordered them but cancelled when I got wind of the pixel 5 deal with the Bose headphones. Having read some reviews, I'll be selling the Bose once they arrive. Tempted to give them a listen and compare against Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Seems like the offer is gone. Great price. Missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Picked up one of these for 199 Euros (179£) from cameracentreuk on Ebay , didnt see the benefits for spending extra 100+ on the Xm4

Advertisement