Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Aldi cotton face masks for €4.90

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Bargain? What's the usual price?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

They look like a massive improvement over the previous cotton 'hannibal' masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Still expensive for what they are tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,275 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Sure Aldi had them weeks ago for the same price. Not a bargain, just normally priced
    https://leaflets.aldi.ie/view/547442/24/

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Still expensive for what they are tbh

If it's to take the 3 euro price of an adult T-shirt as benchmark , made from blended cotton at max 40C wash...this mask is great value.
    The biggest cost it's not the cotton/fabric , but the sewing part ( even with a semi automated industrial machine )

got a shock a few years back when the price to change the metal zipper on a jacket ( labor cost only, had my own spare zipper ) was costing 60% of a new jacket...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

zell12 wrote: »
    Sure Aldi had them weeks ago for the same price. Not a bargain, just normally priced

A fiver food three is dirt cheap. Try Amazon or Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

DareGod wrote: »
    Bargain? What's the usual price?

No need for such a niggardly sounding reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Sam Hain wrote: »
    No need for such a niggardly sounding reply.

Niggardly?

Whatever that means, I actually do believe there's a need to question whether a bargain in Bargain Alerts is in fact a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

zell12 wrote: »

If they're cheap it's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I wouldn't have cotton directly on the mouth. It would need a second layer of a treated material. Cotton fibre inhalation can cause irritation, so the second layer that is the barrier between the cotton and the mouth should be a different material such as wigofil.

These probably fine for the few minutes you are in and out of a shop, but I'd be looking for a second protective layer if using it for longer periods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Not in store but still on website?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Most cotton masks are. Useless blow into them onto your hand if you feel air they are not working try this on all masks

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

bobbyy gee wrote:
    Most cotton masks are. Useless blow into them onto your hand if you feel air they are not working try this on all masks

I'm gonna say that if air can't pass through the mask, you won't be able to breath. I can't testify to the efficacy of cotton masks in general but air needs to pass through regardless of the barrier used.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

In Stores today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Those blue cotton masks with the folds on them, I see the teenagers have started putting holes under the folds to make it easier to breath :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I went to Kildare Masks on Instagram and paid €6 for 1. Donation to charity and helps a micro business.

Advertisement