Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-07-2020, 11:00   #16
Alun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 19,598
Where do you scan the "card"? I've never seen a scanner at the tills in Lidl, but that could be because I've never looked for one.

Also, I shop at more than one Lidl store regularly. Do I have to keep swapping "my" store in the app settings, or is that not important?
Alun is online now  
Advertisement
02-07-2020, 11:02   #17
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alun View Post
Where do you scan the "card"? I've never seen a scanner at the tills in Lidl, but that could be because I've never looked for one.

Also, I shop at more than one Lidl store regularly. Do I have to keep swapping "my" store in the app settings, or is that not important?
Lidl have a scanner at the till, I used a tag for 2 months in my local shop which was much the same as this and maybe it was a trial
OmegaGene is offline  
02-07-2020, 11:46   #18
freshpopcorn
Registered User
 
freshpopcorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 21,919
Thanks OP.
Does anybody know of you get anything for building up the points?
freshpopcorn is online now  
02-07-2020, 11:52   #19
tajd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,137
Cookies for €1 from the bakery yummy lol thanks OP
tajd is offline  
02-07-2020, 12:14   #20
Duvet Day
Registered User
 
Duvet Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3,169
Thanks OP, I signed up no problem.
Duvet Day is offline  
Advertisement
02-07-2020, 13:07   #21
newaccount2017
Registered User
 
newaccount2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 61
Do you scan the code yourself or do you show it to the cashier?
newaccount2017 is offline  
02-07-2020, 13:32   #22
CountingCrows
Registered User
 
CountingCrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by newaccount2017 View Post
Do you scan the code yourself or do you show it to the cashier?
You have to sit into the cashiers seat and scan it yourself
CountingCrows is offline  
02-07-2020, 13:43   #23
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,773
Thanks OP some good offers under 50%. assuming its one use only...are these store specific ?
Roberto_gas is online now  
Thanks from:
02-07-2020, 13:46   #24
Muahahaha
Registered User
 
Muahahaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13,694
Thanks OP looks great.

Anyone know is alcohol excluded from the 5 off 25 euro coupon?
Muahahaha is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-07-2020, 13:52   #25
Alun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 19,598
So just back from Lidl. There's a small scanner at the till behind the perspex screen so you have to poke your phone through the not quite big enough hole to get it to scan your card. So far so good.

However I don't understand how they're applying the coupons. I had two activated, the €5 off if you spent €25 or more and the cookies for €1 instead of €2. I spent €63 so you'd expect me to have saved €6, right? Wrong!

The one for the cookies didn't work at all, and rather than simply deducting €5 from the total bill at the end as you would assume, it applied a discount to each and every item of about 7.5%.

Total savings were €5.36 in the end.

Confused.
Alun is online now  
(4) thanks from:
02-07-2020, 13:55   #26
keos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
Thanks OP looks great.

Anyone know is alcohol excluded from the 5 off 25 euro coupon?
Not excluded
keos is offline  
(2) thanks from:
02-07-2020, 14:45   #27
Peig Sayers
Registered User
 
Peig Sayers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alun View Post
So just back from Lidl. There's a small scanner at the till behind the perspex screen so you have to poke your phone through the not quite big enough hole to get it to scan your card. So far so good.

However I don't understand how they're applying the coupons. I had two activated, the €5 off if you spent €25 or more and the cookies for €1 instead of €2. I spent €63 so you'd expect me to have saved €6, right? Wrong!

The one for the cookies didn't work at all, and rather than simply deducting €5 from the total bill at the end as you would assume, it applied a discount to each and every item of about 7.5%.

Total savings were €5.36 in the end.

Confused.
Same for me. No idea why they do it this way as it's very confusing Got a free snackpot with the scratchgame on the app after my purchase today. Think I'll redeem it seperately just to make sure it's free! Thanks though OP!
Peig Sayers is offline  
02-07-2020, 14:51   #28
Alun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 19,598
Ok, I've figured out that the €0.36 was the discount off the standard price of the cookies. They're normally €0.59 each, so €2.36 for four, and the packs of four are normally €2. So all those little amounts off each item did actually add up to €5 in the end. An odd way of doing it.
Alun is online now  
(2) thanks from:
02-07-2020, 16:17   #29
SBS
Registered User
 
SBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 657
I just had a complete wipeout - couldn't figure out how to scan the QR code. Till guy was getting mad at it - even typed in the card number manually no dice. Then the feckingpaypoint refused my contactless payment and had to put in my card and type my PIN like some class of a savage
SBS is online now  
(3) thanks from:
02-07-2020, 16:20   #30
newaccount2017
Registered User
 
newaccount2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBS View Post
I just had a complete wipeout - couldn't figure out how to scan the QR code. Till guy was getting mad at it - even typed in the card number manually no dice. Then the feckingpaypoint refused my contactless payment and had to put in my card and type my PIN like some class of a savage
This is why I asked earlier how do we scan this because as everyone knows- in Aldi or Lidl, they really rush you through the checkout and you have a ton of impatient shoppers breathing down your neck waiting to go next. It's stressful!!
newaccount2017 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet