Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
18-06-2020, 15:31   #1
worded
Registered User
 
worded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,330
What sea Kayak to buy? - budget 3 - 500 approx

1-2 people. Ability to move seat to middle important so.

Something with a resale value in case I don’t fully take to the sport, but it’s likely I will

I have a few hours of Canoeing experience and can swim well.

Open to inflatable

I’m clue less what to buy ....

Any help appreciated
worded is offline  
Advertisement
19-06-2020, 00:05   #2
tphase
Registered User
 
tphase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 758
Join a club, do some training courses and try out as many different boats as you can.
Double your budget.
tphase is offline  
19-06-2020, 01:17   #3
worded
Registered User
 
worded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphase View Post
Join a club, do some training courses and try out as many different boats as you can.
Double your budget.
Thanks for the advise
worded is offline  
19-06-2020, 10:13   #4
pullandbang
Hosted Moderator
 
pullandbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by worded View Post
1-2 people. Ability to move seat to middle important so.
I'd assume you're going to need a Sit On Top rather than Sit In (though I'm open to correction).
Have a look at Darrens Kayaks in Cork. He has a huge range and you get to try them at sea. Linky - https://www.darrenskayaks.com/index.html
pullandbang is offline  
19-06-2020, 10:17   #5
tritriagain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullandbang View Post
I'd assume you're going to need a Sit On Top rather than Sit In (though I'm open to correction).
Have a look at Darrens Kayaks in Cork. He has a huge range and you get to try them at sea. Linky - https://www.darrenskayaks.com/index.html
Not an expert by any means but I have a 16ft sea kayak and a sit on top Bic kayak. Depending on what you want it for. When I bring my daughter with me I give her the sea kayak and I can't keep up with her and I'm a powerful lad. If you want to mess around in a bay a sit on is more suited imo. If you want to explore along the coast and further a sea kayak is ideal. I paid 900 for mine over 10 years ago but they last forever so money well spent.
tritriagain is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet