Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NIO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Thats a huge upgrade. This is going to be a good day

When I saw the romours on stocktwits 1st thing this morning I threw an order put in for 200 more shares on the frankfurt exchange for €18.70, but got cold feet and cancelled it immediately. Of course it shot up to €20 then on the actual news lol, and I fomo'd so actually bought more then lol. NIO represents half my overall portfolio at the min, I've bought steadily most the way up from $5, I do need to take profits and reduce my exposure to one single stock I know. NIO has been growing steady and regardless of this 40$ target I'd only expect it to leg up towards 25$, or if it gets pumped to 35/40 then I'd expect it to settle back towards 25 over afew days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Timmaay wrote: »
    .... NIO has been growing steady and regardless of this 40$ target I'd only expect it to leg up towards 25$, or if it gets pumped to 35/40 then I'd expect it to settle back towards 25 over afew days.

Hi,

Are you basing that $25 on some form of valuation method (and if so, mind sharing it please?), or just a hunch?

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Are you basing that $25 on some form of valuation method (and if so, mind sharing it please?), or just a hunch?

Purely on past performance over the last few months, it's been range bound as be seen on the chart, the trend is your friend. I sold 40% of my stake on Friday, if I get the chance to buy back in at 25 over next week or so I definitely will, possible positive news moving forward are q3 earnings, and October delivery numbers, both to be announced in early Nov.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

When I saw the romours on stocktwits 1st thing this morning I threw an order put in for 200 more shares on the frankfurt exchange for €18.70, but got cold feet and cancelled it immediately. Of course it shot up to €20 then on the actual news lol, and I fomo'd so actually bought more then lol. NIO represents half my overall portfolio at the min, I've bought steadily most the way up from $5, I do need to take profits and reduce my exposure to one single stock I know. NIO has been growing steady and regardless of this 40$ target I'd only expect it to leg up towards 25$, or if it gets pumped to 35/40 then I'd expect it to settle back towards 25 over afew days.

thats very well played .
    People talk of doubling down to limit losses .. but your strategy of repeated buys on a rising stock is an oft times neglected art to maximise gains.

I think NIO has plenty more room to run even at $28.48 and could still prove to be a life changing holding for many. until election results are in many stocks are in a holding pattern , like planes circling an airport waiting to be told which runway to land on.

Dipped to $26.50 this morning, I picked up 200 shares on the frankfurt exchange, and quickly enough the large institutions stepped in and bought up the dip and back to $28. If only I bought more lol.

Dipped to $26.50 this morning, I picked up 200 shares on the frankfurt exchange, and quickly enough the large institutions stepped in and bought up the dip and back to $28. If only I bought more lol.

well played alot to be said for sell your losses and run your winners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭crushproof

As someone who though they were smart doubling their money and selling out at $9 I envy you all!

crushproof wrote: »
    As someone who though they were smart doubling their money and selling out at $9 I envy you all!

Don't worry, I know your pain, had 1700 shares which I sold for 3.50 back in April 😭

• Advertisement

Don't worry, I know your pain, had 1700 shares which I sold for 3.50 back in April ��

Haha glad I'm not the only one. Win some lose some, tis the nature of the beast!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

crushproof wrote: »
    Haha glad I'm not the only one. Win some lose some, tis the nature of the beast!

Only if you are trying to time the market, in other words gambling....

+9% on the back of absolutely no news lol, I've recovered most of my portfolio losses from yesterday phew.

News of another price upgrade, from Morgan Stanley, and record monthly build figures within an hr of eachother this morning , I managed to grab as many shares on the frankfurt exchange as my degiro cash balance would allow once I saw it on stocktwits, nice pop now on the New York trading open to ath and over 30$.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Almost one year since I started this thread, I can't believe where this price has gone.

canonball5 wrote: »
    Almost one year since I started this thread, I can't believe where this price has gone.

a near 30x return in 12 months

and one year since you got this response ... ..

Jim2007 wrote: »
    This is a company that not only is burning through cash a rate of knots, but has serious difficulties in raising further funding and in fact it's most recent attempt fell through. Base on it current cash holdings, if it continues it will survive a couple of more months before it crashes out. And it's gone through it's second senior financial manager in a couple of months.

There is no incentive for the Chinese government or anyone else for that matter to step in, it's cheaper to let it burn out and pick up the pieces in a couple of months and the Chinese government are not in the business of making westerners wealthy.

The company's immediate problem is funding and given that they seem to have no access to such funding, you can expect if it is to be found in will come at a sever cost to the current shareholders in some form of capital restructuring exercise.

This is a very small company, a penny stock subject to all the usual risks of manipulation etc... and it will be difficult to get out when the bad news comes.

This is not by any stretch of the imagination an investment grade stock and should be avoided by anyone serious about growing their wealth.

You've basically bought a block of debt on the hope that something good will happen....

RIGOLO wrote: »
    a near 30x return in 12 months

and one year since you got this response ... ..

I'm glad someone else posted that RIGOLO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Time for a new thread on a different company? Any suggestions? Or are prices just too high in general in most cases at the moment.

cronos wrote: »
    Time for a new thread on a different company? Any suggestions? Or are prices just too high in general in most cases at the moment.

2 companies I like at the moment are, LiveXLive and Pavmed.

NET, BIDU, TENCENT are 3 I need to do homework on they are either Chinese or have big exposure to China, which seems to of come out the other end of covid very well at the minute. NIO has plenty more room to go in my view however, up to 33$ premarket at the minute and yes largely gone parabolic which is always dangerous, but I'll happily let it go further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

NET, BIDU, TENCENT are 3 I need to do homework on they are either Chinese or have big exposure to China, which seems to of come out the other end of covid very well at the minute. NIO has plenty more room to go in my view however, up to 33$ premarket at the minute and yes largely gone parabolic which is always dangerous, but I'll happily let it go further.

Keep an eye on Jinko Solar or ZTO Express for a more risky option. Personally I'm going to be trying to get into Alibaba as much as I can as they're a juggernaut of a company by themselves but they will also own a huge % of Ant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I got in at the start of last week, been some rise in that short time

How far can this go? Vaguely tempted to buy back in but no idea how much higher it can go. Sold out months ago for pittance compared to its worth now. Regret of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'm up 178% at the close.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

200% up on NIO now. Just hit $42 before closing.
    Beast mode.

$44 :)

Thanks,

G.

Just dabbled back in at almost 10x the price I sold for at the start of the year. Knowing my luck earnings will be rubbish and it'll plummet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

Bought in at 21 and sold at 45. If there's a dip I'll most likely buy back in.

• Advertisement

Tried to buy more this morning on Frankfurt for 36e (42.50$) but didn't quite dip enough, went back to 44$ quick enough. I'm not going wild with more shares anymore but happy enough to buy on afew dips pre earnings on Nov 17th.

Advertisement