Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possibly a great deal on youtube premium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

quazzy wrote: »
    I tried to use Hola but it couldnt work to sign up despite setting country to India. Pricing on Google still appeared in euro or dollars.

Used Hola for Mac with Chrome plugin

Any tips?

first time i tried it, it came up in euro, worked a second time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

mailburner wrote: »
    first time i tried it, it came up in euro, worked a second time

thanks - I'll try again over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

worked perfectly for me, was using 3 mobile credit for my sub at €12 a month, gonna cancel 3 now and go to go mo instead. Thanks Op

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

How do google monitor if at all the one residential address aspect of the Youtube Premium Family account? Also since the family account enables access to the manager plus 5 family members what exactly is an access point given the proliferation of mobiles, laptops, televisions and google home devises all having access to Youtube services. For example can one family member have simultaneous logins to multiple devices and they all only count as one user provided only one device using a live stream.
    Concluding question, is it possible to share a family account with family members of different fixed abodes similar to the simultaneous steam limitations with Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

dulpit wrote: »
    Ya, I signed up via Indian method (I used tor and switched the ExitNodes to in), zero hassle involved.

Tried this to test and while it's correctly showing Indian Rupee for the likes of Netflix, Youtube thinks I'm based in the Philippines where Youtube Premium in not available.
    Switched to Russia and prices are correctly in RUB of 299 for family account (about €4.20) so switched back to India and entered the link https://www.youtube.com/premium but prices showing as $17.99 which is nearly as bad as here but in EUR. Not sure what I'm doing wrong as it sees my location as Byculla West, India for local weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Can you use an existing account? I read on hukd that the first month works but then it reverts back to full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Tried this to test and while it's correctly showing Indian Rupee for the likes of Netflix, Youtube thinks I'm based in the Philippines where Youtube Premium in not available.
    Switched to Russia and prices are correctly in RUB of 299 for family account (about €4.20) so switched back to India and entered the link https://www.youtube.com/premium but prices showing as $17.99 which is nearly as bad as here but in EUR. Not sure what I'm doing wrong as it sees my location as Byculla West, India for local weather.

Weird, I tried a while ago and got same (Philippines). I've been on Indian YouTube for a few months, no issues. Last payment was €2.40.

Could you try a vpn instead maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

dulpit wrote: »
    Weird, I tried a while ago and got same (Philippines). I've been on Indian YouTube for a few months, no issues. Last payment was €2.40.

Could you try a vpn instead maybe?

I tired Indian premium with hola and revolut, worked a charm for a family account 189 rupees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Fantastic deal! Thanks OP and everyones input, just signed up there using NordVPN and choosing India. 189 ruppees (around €2.40) for a family plan. Double checked account after turning off VPN and price is still listed in rupees so hopefully works okay after the trial. Used revolut account to pay.

Edit: Noticed a slight unintended consequence of signing up in India, on Youtube Music some of the default recommendations are for India's charts and some recommendations are for Bollywood playlists but I've fed it tonnes of artists i like which is pushing out a lot of that and I also found a handy free tool for converting my spotify playlists to YTM @ https://www.tunemymusic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

Thanks for the tips. Registration was successful for me and I sent a two invites to my family members. When they click on the invite I sent the following message shows up. Family members are not able to accept my invitation.

"Looks like you're in a different country than the family manager."

Has anyone got the above message and were able to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

konline wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips. Registration was successful for me and I sent a two invites to my family members. When they click on the invite I sent the following message shows up. Family members are not able to accept my invitation.

Has anyone got the above message and were able to fix it?

id imagine you'd have to use the VPN to activate those accounts too

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

fergus1001 wrote: »
    id imagine you'd have to use the VPN to activate those accounts too

Thanks, I tried but still the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

konline wrote: »
    Thanks, I tried but still the same message.

I was getting the same message but I opened the link via an incognito webpage and then it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

If you have an existing YT premium subscription does this trick work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

swingking wrote: »
    If you have an existing YT premium subscription does this trick work?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Are people adding Indian Rupees to the Revolut wallet or just letting Revolut take care of euro to rupee transaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Helium

bidiots wrote: »
    Are people adding Indian Rupees to the Revolut wallet or just letting Revolut take care of euro to rupee transaction?

Just letting revolut sort it. My family monthly sub 189 rupees works out @ €2.40 give or take couple of cent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

It shows as AED when I use Nord to connect to India. Anyone else get that when trying?

Edit: Figured it out, issue with the server I chose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Nice one !
    Used my VPN (VPN Unlimited) to sign up from an Indian IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Managed to get the family premium deal but get the following message when trying to add family members...

Can anyone help? I tried opening the link up via an incognito tab as a previous poster done but no luck I'm afraid.

Edit: Got sorted. Had to delete payment profiles and have only 1 active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Managed to get the family premium deal but get the following message when trying to add family members...

Can anyone help? I tried opening the link up via an incognito tab as a previous poster done but no luck I'm afraid.

You didn't switch your country to India in your profile by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

You didn't switch your country to India in your profile by any chance?

Got sorted thanks. I had 3 payment profiles set up which seems to confuse google so I just deleted 2 and it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What's the actual procedure for this? Is it a case of just setting a VPN to India and signing up to YouTube premium?!

Pacifico wrote: »
    What's the actual procedure for this? Is it a case of just setting a VPN to India and signing up to YouTube premium?!

Yep, once set up you don't need VPN again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Cool so you don't need to change your address on your Google account to India or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

why bother, download the Tube Mate app for free it allows you to download YouTube videos and convert to MP3 ,etc if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

jonnny68 wrote: »
    why bother, download the Tube Mate app for free it allows you to download YouTube videos and convert to MP3 ,etc if necessary

The ability to play videos in background or floating and YouTube music is handy for a euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I just did all this and it says 99 rubee a month ...which I converted to 1 euro 25c is that right ????

Am I missing something ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Think that price is just for the music as a stand alone

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Cool so you don't need to change your address on your Google account to India or anything?

When signing up I had to add an Indian billing address, I used their house of parliament..

Advertisement