Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

What should I do to sign up through Turkey? Wait a month after the cancellation date or do it now?

Who am I to advise when it never worked for me 🙄.
    But what everyone here was doing was signing up to netflix from ireland, using a virtual card as payment then cancelling before the month was out. Using a vpn then sign up again using same account from turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'm on the medium €11.99 package

But I just got charged €3.00 yesterday and the Turkish Lira seems to be in free fall. Netflix is getting cheaper every month :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I used to have my Netflix through Sky so they don’t have any payment information for me. Sky is now cancelled so Netflix doesn’t work anymore.

What should I do to sign up through Turkey? Wait a month after the cancellation date or do it now?

Seriously?? Read the thread!! Loads of examples and walkthroughs. Read page 1

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭losetheforce

I know there is a lot of advide about what dto do here but its hard to know which to follow.

I had Turkish NF, used a Revolut card, the card got cancelled and now can't update with a new one.
    Getting message " "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."

can anyone tell me how to fix? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Seriously?? Read the thread!! Loads of examples and walkthroughs. Read page 1

No mention of Sky there boss. I'm not reading a 225 page thread in reverse order to see what the latest advise is. How's that horse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

No mention of Sky there boss. I'm not reading a 225 page thread in reverse order to see what the latest advise is. How's that horse?

Sky is irrelevant now if I read your post right. You got Netflix through sky and now you don’t have sky so no Netflix. You need to sign up with Netflix. Sky has zero to do with this.

The same question on how to sign up for Netflix via turkey gets asked basically every week here despite multiple guides of it being in the thread including pinned to the first post. It’s the reason why the poster was short with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Search thread button on top right boss!

Sign up for one month with Irish card. If having an issue contact Netflix by phone and get them to add card. When signed up, sign up to curve (google) cancel membership and edit payments and add a curve card linked to your Revolut (only a few pages back about this).

I had an issue with adding curve card so had to contact Netflix again to change payment, get them to add your curve card, just say it’s a CC as they can only add CC. They did this.

Once this is done, when your membership expires , connect to Turkish VPN and click restart membership, you should see Turkish prices. That’s about it.

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Anyone here created a new Netflix account using one card, cancelled subscription and resumed from Turkey without changing the payment method?
    I just created a new NF acc in Austria as it's 30 days free atm and you can actually select any country afterwards for mobile verification. My Revolut cards and paypal were rejected when I went to pay for it but my new curve card worked.
    Now, before I cancel the subscription within the 30 days, I am not sure if I should leave the curve card or change it to something else first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

lud wrote: »
    Anyone here created a new Netflix account using one card, cancelled subscription and resumed from Turkey without changing the payment method?
    I just created a new NF acc in Austria as it's 30 days free atm and you can actually select any country afterwards for mobile verification. My Revolut cards and paypal were rejected when I went to pay for it but my new curve card worked.
    Now, before I cancel the subscription within the 30 days, I am not sure if I should leave the curve card or change it to something else first.

Leave the curve card, you can then actually pay with any card through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

I am having a really odd issue. Waited till Irish account expired. Signed up again via Turkey, Netflix refused to take Revolut card details. Gave up thinking I would try in a few days..... PTSB bank account gets debited in turkish lira account active.

Anyone else has this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭BobMc

Is it best to sign up with a complete new email address to keep it simples ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Search thread button on top right boss!

Sign up for one month with Irish card. If having an issue contact Netflix by phone and get them to add card. When signed up, sign up to curve (google) cancel membership and edit payments and add a curve card linked to your Revolut (only a few pages back about this).

I had an issue with adding curve card so had to contact Netflix again to change payment, get them to add your curve card, just say it’s a CC as they can only add CC. They did this.

Once this is done, when your membership expires , connect to Turkish VPN and click restart membership, you should see Turkish prices. That’s about it.

BobbyT28

Ok. What I actually had to do...

Add a payment method. Do not renew.
    VPN to Turkey.
    Renew.
    Bob’s your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

i used revolut. No problem. NordVPN did not work. Hola did. No idea why.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭G1032

What a rigmarole
    Cancelled account a couple of weeks ago.
    Tried to rejoin via Turkey today.
    No payment method would work. Not my Irish debit card. Not my CC. Not my wife's CC. Not Revolut. Not N26. Not my Curve card. Nothing.
    Tried clearing cookies. Different VPNs. Incogito mode. Nothing would work.

So I had decided I'd go on to the live chat and ask them to add my curve card as a payment method. Trouble was I had now switched off the VPN and was back browsing from Ireland :(

Clicked the 'Start Live Chat' and it brought me to a 'Before You Chat' tab which had a 'I need to update my payment method' option. I clicked that and it brought me back to the 'Start your Membership' page. So I just tried adding my Curve Card details again and, bingo, the Curve Card was accepted. But of course I was no longer connected to Turkey. At least the curve card was added now and I should be able to switch to Turkey next month.

Such an ordeal :D

And almost forgot. I paid with my Revolut through Curve, €7.99 but somehow I got charged in Sterling £7.21 which converted to €8.03...... what is that all about, can anyone explain?

G1032 wrote:
    Clicked the 'Start Live Chat' and it brought me to a 'Before You Chat' tab which had a 'I need to update my payment method' option. I clicked that and it brought me back to the 'Start your Membership' page. So I just tried adding my Curve Card details again and, bingo, the Curve Card was accepted. But of course I was no longer connected to Turkey. At least the curve card was added now and I should be able to switch to Turkey next month.

Like myself it's accepting any payment method you try when your in ireland but as soon as you go on holiday you might be back where you started not accepting your payment method.

snoopy84 wrote: »
    Like myself it's accepting any payment method you try when your in ireland but as soon as you go on holiday you might be back where you started not accepting your payment method.

It wasn't accepting any payment when I was in Ireland either. I couldn't actually subscribe in that account a at all

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Was your balance in Revolut in £ by any chance

I just checked. It was set to GBP in Curve alright!! Cheers:o

In spot of trouble, Sub expired on 11th, went in online on mobile today, used my usual VPN (express VPN paid service)
    whats my IP shows as Turkey but when I click on prices they are Euro prices. Have I missed a trick or is trying a different VPN or a PC better option - Was on mexico sub

Tried - Hola, I'm in with Lira prices, but cant get it to take card, have Revolut, Curve etc. both failed, pain in ass

Bugger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭fafy

Is there something similar, to Netflix Turkey, in relation to Spotify ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I can't add Curve to my Argentinian account. If I am getting on to live chat can i just go to the Irish one, or will I need to take another holiday to Argentina and learn Spanish?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

I can't add Curve to my Argentinian account. If I am getting on to live chat can i just go to the Irish one, or will I need to take another holiday to Argentina and learn Spanish?
    I manged to add the card 2 weeks ago.
    Netflix may have changed their payment options. Curve is a mastercard so should work.
    Are you putting in the ccv?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Signed up for curve! Went to sign up with Irish debit card (KBC) and again, something went wrong, vpn off, cookies and history cleared and app restarted!!

Any ideas. I take it I sign up with Irish account with KBC card, when signed up, change payment method to curve and then cancel membership. When it finishes just renew membership while connected to Turkish VPN and it should renew taking the money out of my Revolut account that’s linked to my curve account

Does this mean you must pay the extortionate Irish price for your first month? No way around that?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

odddavey wrote: »
    I manged to add the card 2 weeks ago.
    Netflix may have changed their payment options. Curve is a mastercard so should work.
    Are you putting in the ccv?
    Anyone get their payment declined on curve?
    And if so what did u do?
    Sorted, I think.
    After some investigations, turns out the expiry date was wrongly saved. Even though last months payment went through with that date. Inputted new date and card was accepted but I've only been charged 17 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Disney + has just been released in Argentina and will cost 385 Argentine Pesos a month which is equivalent to £3.60 a month so is a little saving. Anyone tried a vpn and been successful trying to pay in argentine currency? Or point me to the correct forum please.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

samboy08 wrote: »
    Disney + has just been released in Argentina and will cost 385 Argentine Pesos a month which is equivalent to £3.60 a month so is a little saving. Anyone tried a vpn and been successful trying to pay in argentine currency? Or point me to the correct forum please.

I was trying to get the Indian version when it came out but you needed an Indian phone number to complete the purchase. I meant to get a sim from Amazon but forgot all about it.
    There are services that claim to allow you receive texts to local numbers but they didn't work for me.
    Unlike netflix it didn't allow you to change the country code.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I thought Netflix caught up to me as I had a missed payment with my Revolut card and couldn't watch anything on Netflix and kept getting a screen where I was to update my payment card. Turns out my Revolut card was locked for some reason. Unlocked i and still couldn't watch but later all was good again.

I was full sure they caught on to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Does this mean you must pay the extortionate Irish price for your first month? No way around that?

I signed up from Austria, it was 30 days free, no mobile number verification from there.
    I wonder if I change my payment card when I move to Turkey soon, then cancel subscription, and renew while being still in Turkey, would it go through.. anyone tried changing the payment card & renewing from Tukey? It seems that everyone here was in Ireland when changing the payment..

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote:
    just share an account with a couple of people, im sure theres a thread on requests about it

There is. I pay €17 for 12 months subscription

Advertisement