Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

mcgovern wrote: »
    When I try to order to reserve now it doesn't go through

I had to shop around a few nearby stores. Probably sold out now.

So I got an order number and email... they say mine will be held for collection!
    What's the chances it's not there... or they'll change the price.

I see the note at the bottom of the email.
    This reservation relates to the item(s) only, not the price. The item(s) have not been paid for and the price you pay is the price valid in store when the goods are collected. This may result in the price being different, for example after a promotion that was valid at the time the goods were reserved has ended. Please take your reservation number to the store as you will need it to collect your item(s).

Edit: just picked it up today... cheers to whoever pasted the link.
    Last place I found it in dublin was iliac centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I can see the Lego being called a misprice and not honoured.
    Happened me last week with a Lavazza coffee set.
    Got the messages saying ready for collection sent the wife up cause she was going to the cinema and the extremely rude red haired female manager told her she couldn't have it for €4 but could pay €16 for it because it was a misprice.
    I emailed Argos and got a call back from an English accent all apologies saying I shouldn't have got the message because there physically wasn't any stock, I said if that's the case why was my wife given the opportunity to buy them for €16, you can imagine how silent she went after this saying she would contact the store and get back to me straight away.

That was last Monday.

Collected 3 in Cork yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I tried to reserve the Lego star destroyer at the weekend,there was no stock but it did say could order for collection this week. I received the email but no reservation number on it. Id been hoping to get the mail/txt saying the set was in stock but...its not happening is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You missed it the ones reserved will come back in stock after 7 pm tonight so get on check argos then and you may get one.

Im not sure any did reserve tbh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

It's coming up as product unavailabe for me on argos.ie. It's back in stock on argos Ireland ebays site. I don't think it's in the new catalogue so think they're clearing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It's coming up as product unavailabe for me on argos.ie. It's back in stock on argos Ireland ebays site. I don't think it's in the new catalogue so think they're clearing it

Someone ordered the last one while I was trying to buy it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I'm not sure if they'll actually send ebay ones but keep an eye on it as was sold out yesterday. They seem to be releasing it in fives.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got my email with code and one for the Ninjago set which I forgot about. 2 sets to collect this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

I have one pre ordered meant to be arriving Thursday. There was one available for collection in Longford when I ordered that I'm sorry now I didn't reserve to make sure. It was gone when I checked half an hour later. Could probably have made time yesterday to collect it. Hopefully it comes Thursday.

Still can view the web page
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7119640.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7337207
    But it throws errors when you try and reserve.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Collected 3 in Cork yesterday.

Got a call from Argos while ago saying my reservation is ready for collection, but there was a pricing error. The actual price is €142.50, and would I like to go ahead with my reservation.

Didn't have the heart to tell her that I'd already collected them! :o

That may have been me! Sorry!
    The order went through and the listing then said 1 left. However......
    I didnt realise my old workplace address was still on ebay. I contacted argos through ebay and they advised that they would not change delivery address. Bit annoying as I've paid for it. Not sure now what happens next, hopefully the courier will ring me and Ill be able to arrange redelivery. Seems a bit daft to not have the facility to change delivery address before an order has dispatched.

There was a phone number listed in my confirmation email but no one is picking up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Got a phonecall to say it was a pricing error and the price is actually 142.50 and if I still want the reservation. Well done to anyone who got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

p225886 wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7119640.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8088783
    Lego star wars destroyer no stock but can be ordered. Reduced from 125 to 42. Perfect for Christmas.
    I would be amazed if anyone actually gets this. There's a fault on the screen for me when I try to check stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Quazzie wrote: »
    I would be amazed if anyone actually gets this. There's a fault on the screen for me when I try to check stock.

People have got it but as Soarer phone call from argos shows they have cottoned on. Hopefully the price is still active when it comes in and I can pay at self service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Quazzie wrote: »

Few people on the Lego forum got one, myself included.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I was just going to collect in 30mins and I got the call to say pricing error. Is it still worth gking and trying on the kiosk or would they have the reservation blocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jacovs wrote: »
    I was just going to collect in 30mins and I got the call to say pricing error. Is it still worth gking and trying on the kiosk or would they have the reservation blocked?

You could chance it and hope the systems aren't linked! Although I doubt it.

Some dude above got 3!! You could make an offer.

You could chance it and hope the systems aren't linked! Although I doubt it.

Nope, on the kiosk they had changed the price on my reservation to the full price and the manager wouldnt budge. Even though she admitted they had already sold at least one today at that price while being aware of the misprice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

they've taken it off the website :D

• Advertisement

Yawns wrote: »
    they've taken it off the website :D

Just checked and still there for 42,49.

Alright allocated I'm afraid.

I'm the best dad/uncle ever! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Soarer wrote: »
    Alright allocated I'm afraid.

I'm the best dad/uncle ever! :D

Fair play, better than seeing them appear on Adverts anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Bast argos had someone try to collect mine while he was being refused at the till there assistant manager was calling me at 5:15 to cover it. I One disappointed kid tonight boo argos

If it's a mis-price why are the twonks selling it for €42 on their eBay store for heaven's sake!?!?!?! :D I reserved one on the Argos site on Saturday and it says collect between Wednesday and Friday. Not holding out much hope but I'm not pushed if I get it or not. Will definitely use the self service machines if I chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭ECookie13

Bast argos had someone try to collect mine while he was being refused at the till there assistant manager was calling me at 5:15 to cover it. I One disappointed kid tonight boo argos

Some neck on whoever was trying to nick your reservation. That's scummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Change of topic - is the checkargos site gone/down?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Change of topic - is the checkargos site gone/down?

I may or may not have let my digital ocean credit run out and it reminds me on an email address I never use!

Bringing it back up now, hopefully next couple of mins

ECookie13 wrote: »
    Some neck on whoever was trying to nick your reservation. That's scummy.

sorry rereading my post they were collecting it on my behalf, argos wouldn't honor the reserved price, they are bastargos from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It's gone back to full price now (or maybe even above) on main site and eBay.

Advertisement