Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sandisk Micro SD [79% off, Monday 9th June only]

Options
  • 09-06-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

Available today only, June 9th 2014
    Not available from Amazon UK.

74HF6G_thumb.jpg86tVdk_thumb.jpg66r4KE_thumb.jpg
    • Up To 30MB/s Read Speed
    • 10-Year Warranty
    • Easily Back Up Files With "SanDisk Memory Zone" App
    • Compatible For Android Smartphones & Tablets
    • Class 10 Performance For Full HD Video
    • Includes SD Adapter

64GB - MicroSDXC (Class 10) - $29.99/@22.00 (was $99.99/@73.34)

32GB - MicroSDXC (Class 10) - $14.99/€11.00 (was $55.00/€40.34)

16GB - MicroSDXC (Class 10) - $10.49/€14.66 (was $55.00/€7.69)

SSD and other Flash Drives are also on offer.
    (See full list here)

+Delivery ~ €5.36 + Import Fees ~ €6.

For example, if I wanted the 64GB card:

Items: €22.84
    Shipping: €5.36
    Import Fees Deposit €6.48
    Order total: €34.68
    Amazon UK price is €43.80 (Saving ~€10)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

<Yoink> Very tidy, thank you. 64GB beastie ordered. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Enjoy it. It's a great card to use in your Android device.
    Plus, the included adaptor is very handy.

Enjoy it. It's a great card to use in your Android device.
    Plus, the included adaptor is very handy.

Yes, I have a couple of them. I had an El-Cheapo 16GB one but it died, so I'm currently using an 8GB card like some sort of wild animal. It's awful!! :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Was just about to buy when I saw this on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UHS-1-Class-MicroSD-Memory/dp/B00K75UYHW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1402311026&sr=8-4&keywords=64gb+micro+sd

Specs are the same, I have a 32GB samsung card for about 10 months in my phone without issues. So this one comes in at ~31 euro. Worth considering, I understand that the it's not the same brand, so some may have a preference for SanDisk.

jimgoose wrote: »
    YI'm currently using an 8GB card like some sort of wild animal. It's awful!! :D

Goodness gracious... You're vile!

The Sandisks are very reliable though, and I have found them to perform very well. Bloody handy to have.

• Advertisement

Was just about to buy when I saw this on Amazon.co.uk [...]

Checks out. Samsung are apparently very good also, as the reviews say.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UHS-1-Class-MicroSD-Memory/dp/B00K75UYHW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1402311026&sr=8-4&keywords=64gb+micro+sd

Specs are the same, I have a 32GB samsung card for about 10 months in my phone without issues. So this one comes in at ~31 euro. Worth considering, I understand that the it's not the same brand, so some may have a preference for SanDisk.

Yes, I saw that but they don't deliver to the RoI. You get a lot of that on UK Amazon, for some reason. So that's another €3.50 for Parcel Motel. Six of one... :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good stuff, I'm heading stateside in a few weeks so will get some of these delivered to the villa management co and they'll hold onto them for me...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yes, I saw that but they don't deliver to the RoI. You get a lot of that on UK Amazon, for some reason. So that's another €3.50 for Parcel Motel. Six of one... :pac:

I just ordered one with postage to Ireland though...free super-saver as normal:
    Sold by Sunwood-UK and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
    This item can be delivered to Ireland . Click here for details

I just ordered one with postage to Ireland though...free super-saver as normal:

Hmm. Dunno what's going on there, chief - it wouldn't hear of it with me until I changed the delivery address to PM in Norn Iron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

would that work in a Samsung Galaxy s5? the xc part is confusing me :o

Don't mind that, it'll work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/microsd/32gbsandiskmicrosdhccl10mobileultraandroid.html

32gb works out cheaper to buy here from an Irish company - €21.09

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Vikings wrote: »
    http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/microsd/32gbsandiskmicrosdhccl10mobileultraandroid.html

Really good price that. Shame my phone is with meteor at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Vikings wrote: »

That's class 1, OPs is 10.

300mb compared to a relatively measly 30mb speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

balfe1990 wrote: »

The image is Class 1 but spec says Class 10.

Where did you get 300mb?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

just keep in mind, that those SanDisk cards are fake ones.
    Real SanDisk 64GB will never (well,.. never say never, but not sooner than in 3 years time) cost 29USD or below 30 Euro.
    Those selling on amazon and Ebay are cheap Chineese replicas.
    In addition to that, you'll get those cards in bulk packaging (not a retail one).
    Most of them will work fine, but it's 50/50 chance that they could fail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

andersat2 wrote: »
    just keep in mind, that those SanDisk cards are fake ones.
    Real SanDisk 64GB will never (well,.. never say never, but not sooner than in 3 years time) cost 29USD or below 30 Euro.
    Those selling on amazon and Ebay are cheap Chineese replicas.
    In addition to that, you'll get those cards in bulk packaging (not a retail one).
    Most of them will work fine, but it's 50/50 chance that they could fail.

Ebay, possibly. The ones on Amazon are not cheap Chinese replicas.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

few sellers were suspended from amazon because of selling fake SanDisk cards.

just goooogle for FAKE SANDISK CARDS AMAZON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

andersat2 wrote: »
    few sellers were suspended from amazon because of selling fake SanDisk cards.

just goooogle for FAKE SANDISK CARDS AMAZON

Cards in the OP are sold by Amazon themselves

• Advertisement

balfe1990 wrote: »

UHS Speed Class 1 (U1)

There are now more than one scale of speed class. The above being equal (or better) than Class 10 of old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Not UHS class 1.....these are old days card...very slow read and write speed...

No wonder they are on sale...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 briancarrol692

Some good prices on this. I hate import costs tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Sandisk cards are known to cause issues with some Android devices (Samsung Galaxys atleast). A quick google search before you buy one for your device would let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

tharmor wrote: »
    Not UHS class 1.....these are old days card...very slow read and write speed...

No wonder they are on sale...

So why do they say they are UHS class 1 then?

UHS Speed Class 1** Ideal for Shooting Full HD1 Video

So why do they say they are UHS class 1 then?

UHS Speed Class 1** Ideal for Shooting Full HD1 Video

Because he is talking rubbish. They are a fine card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Because he is talking rubbish. They are a fine card.
    i'd just like to second this. people thinking they know what they're talking about when they clearly don't and it just confuses people.

i have two of these exact 64gb sandisk cards (one in my phone, one in my dashcam) as well as two 32gb ones, all bought directly from amazon.co.uk and they are 100% authentic as tested by myself with H2testw when i purchased them.

they ARE UHS1 cards which is equal to or better than Class 10, with speeds *up to* 50MB/s, but no less than 10MB/s as per the UHS1 standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

Stupid question maybe, but how and ever - will the Samsung SD card work in electronics other than just Samsung brands ? E.G. Sumvison media player which supports SD cards. Or even Sandisks own media player?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Raging I missed this, wanted to bump up the space on my 3ds!

Advertisement