Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dunnes: 500g Non-Fat Greek Yogurt - €2

• 16-03-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Tastes great.

Normally €3, bit pricy but good value at €2.

Made by Yoplait

Da4IAek.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Tastes great.

Normally €3, bit pricy but good value at €2.

Made by Yoplait

Da4IAek.jpg

Tescos are selling it at €1.99. Every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

It was €1.40 for the 500g tub in my local tesco (Wilton) this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Damm, you're right !

€1.40 is a good deal.

Hopefully Aldi or Lidl will stock their own version at a better price than €3.

Seems to be normally apporx €1.80 in Tesco UK

COmRBvr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Damm, you're right !

€1.40 is a good deal.

Hopefully Aldi or Lidl will stock their own version at a better price than €3.

Seems to be normally apporx €1.80 in Tesco UK

COmRBvr.jpg

Aldi do a Greek yogurt already but it's not great. Marks n Spencer's do the best and it's 1.79e
    Apologies for going off topic

½ price in Dunnes at the moment, €1.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Lidl do a very large tub of greek yoghurt which is delicious for only €1.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,699 ✭✭✭✭unkel

+1

Also available from most Asian / Polish stores for €1.99 for a full litre / 1kg. Once you've tasted proper full fat Greek yoghurt you'll never want that zero fat rubbish again :)

Very nice stuff, I even posted about it over 2 years ago:)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77747597

But it has over twice the calories and some people prefer this healthy alternative.
    unkel wrote: »
    +1
    Once you've tasted proper full fat Greek yoghurt you'll never want that zero fat rubbish again :)

No doubt full fat versions of anything will taste better.

However non-fat Greek yogurt shouldn't be confused with non-fat normal yogurt, which are usually full of sugar / sweeteners.

I find that non-fat Greek yogurt tastes like a full fat yogurt with that Greek yogurt tart aftertaste.
    You'd never think it was non-fat.

Non-fat Greek yogurt is a very healthy alternative.
    Handy for putting in smoothies as well.

€1.49 is a good price for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I'm working my way through some Fage Greek Yogurt - I bought both the 0% and full-fat versions. The full-fat version is definitely nicer.

Haven't tried the Liberte yogurt yet, but I do notice that it says "Greek style" rather than "Greek" -- Greek style (added skimmed milk powder or pectin to make it thicker) vs Greek yoghurt (strained with nothing added).

Aldi do a Greek style yogurt which is not thick like real Greek yogurt. It has added milk proteins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

You'd never think it was non-fat.

Why would you want a non-fat yoghurt though? Fats are an essential part of your diet and should be embraced once it's part of a balanced diet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement