Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mira Vie Mains fed shower

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

So does this use hot water from tank or is it electric?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

It's electric

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

If you are buying an electric shower, I did a bit of shopping around and found them to be extremely expensive in Irish stores. UK ones seem to have a much larger and cheaper range. I bought one from Screwfix direct.
    https://www.screwfix.ie/c/bathrooms-kitchens/showers/cat820272#category=cat820272&sort_by=price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not much of a bargain if it was the last one and you got it OP :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

GBX wrote: »

Might be nationwide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Anyone any advice on what to look for when buying electric shower? We only have hot water tank showers (are they called power showers?) in house but i need to install an electric one in another bathroom.
    Mayne this would be better in plumbing forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

lenoude wrote: »
    Spotted this in the clearance section of Woodie's in Wexford. E80, down from E269

I grabbed the last one. Luckily our pressure is good enough for mains fed.

http://https://www.woodies.ie/mira-vie-9-5kw-white-chrome-1052528

It’s 50 in Carrickmines

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

heldel00 wrote: »
    Anyone any advice on what to look for when buying electric shower? We only have hot water tank showers (are they called power showers?) in house but i need to install an electric one in another bathroom.
    Mayne this would be better in plumbing forum?

Just get the plumber to supply and fit. You’ll need a cable from the mains fitted with its own MCBO fitted

GBX wrote: »

Well Woodies are nationwide as far as I'm aware.....

There were more on the floor behind the counter of the customer service desk but perhaps they might be for staff.

There's another one in Wexford. Beside the clearance trolley. Between the trolley and a rack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

They are not a great electric shower so not surprised. That's about all they are worth 80 euro. If your house is old and has oil heating ok an electric shower provided it is decent is ok and convenient if you are in a rush for a wash and time is tight but with newer house having the heating they have now air to water or whatever with always hot water its madness to have an expensive to buy and run electric shower in them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement