Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Elias79

ctlsleh wrote: »
    What’s your price now?

120 a month for phone, broadband and tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭antimatterx

We got a lot of discounts applied in June, so our price until January is €142. For this we got phone/internet multiroom tv, hd, Sky and BT Sports along with Sky Movies.

It's a decent price in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Glad I found this thread :) We were paying ~€50 the past few years for a pretty basic bundle, called today to cancel but was offered the service for €20 p/m for the next 12 months with no contract and cancel with 31 days notice which is fair enough. We lose HD but for the amount we use it, paying that isn't too bad I suppose.
    Was on the phone for over an hour on hold though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

OREGATO wrote: »
    Was on the phone for over an hour on hold though :rolleyes:

An hour!
    Hope you dialed them on the right number ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

okidoki987 wrote: »
    An hour!
    Hope you dialed them on the right number ;).

Used the freephone number I found thanks to this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

I rang them a few times this week and no answer after automated stuff just keeps ringing then, anyone get trough to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

meath4sam wrote: »
    I rang them a few times this week and no answer after automated stuff just keeps ringing then, anyone get trough to them.

https://www.sky.com/help/canceltvroi
    Fill this in they will ring you

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

is 35% the best offer still ? had a missed call and was thinking of going back if there is a better offer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    is 35% the best offer still ? had a missed call and was thinking of going back if there is a better offer

Got a come back call today offering 12 months for new Signature pack. 40% off. Works out just over €21

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Offered me signature with box sets for 23
    Cancelled anyway hardly watch sky anymore

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 kayjay123

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dingaan

Sky called me yesterday after I completed the form mentioned earlier in this thread.
    I got 35% off TV & Internet for the next 12 months. There is probably a better deal available if you push through with cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Cancelled TV a few weeks back on the old variety package, got offered the new equivalent for €56 but wanted closer to new customer offer of tv & broadband for €55. Broadband is out of contract in a few weeks so will be on again for the same conversations.

Got offered the same as last year in “my sky” yesterday of 35% off tv which I will take & look to get broadband off them for around €30 which is what your man let slip is what they match from competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Qprmeath wrote: »

I've just submitted that form, let's see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭peterobrien100

Qprmeath wrote: »

I have sent this off as well so will give an update when I hear from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

Cancelled with sky and signed up for Eir. Worst service ever now that I act would be half of an offer I’ve had no call from sky. Service turned off today and they have sent us the returns parcel. Has anyone revived a call with an offer at this stage? I tried to sign up for new offer online with my sons details. Different surname from me and it wouldn’t let me. A warning came up saying looks like you might be a customer who has left within the last few weeks. This order can’t be completed!!! Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kayjay123

Anyone on here got sky multiroom? I rang up sky the other day and was told it would cost me €110 for install and skyq box and then €23 p/m. Thought it was a tad dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danois wrote: »
    Cancelled with sky and signed up for Eir.
    tried to sign up for new offer online with my sons details.
    Bit of a contradiction there no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

kayjay123 wrote: »
    Anyone on here got sky multiroom? I rang up sky the other day and was told it would cost me €110 for install and skyq box and then €23 p/m. Thought it was a tad dear!

NAW.... I got installation for €25. No one pays €110++

The €23 is about right BUT make sure they give you a 2TB box (can easily slip you a smaller 1TB if you not looking!)

Also... got them to split teh LNB into 2+2 (2 for Q and 2 for the Freeview using the old Sky+ box in bedroom!)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

kayjay123 wrote: »

There's an offer in Sky VIP app at the moment for free q box and mulitiscreen for €19 or €35+€19 pm for the 2TB box. Platinum customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

muffler wrote: »
    Bit of a contradiction there no?

Not a contradiction mind you I wrote it as if I were drunk lol. What I meant to say was I left Sky and didn't get any offers to stay so I signed up with Eir. Eir are awful I cancelled within 3 days and was glad I still had a few weeks left on my Sky before it was completely gone.

Sky has now finished the cancellation and now that I would be only too happy to bite their hand off for an offer I am getting nothing. I even tried signing up as a new customer under my sons details, so new name , new bank details and new email. It wouldn't let me set up as a new customer. Came up with an error saying this address was previously registered and can't be used to set up a new account.

I was wondering if anyone has had a call with an offer after Sky have gone to the trouble of sending out the returns packaging.

On a side note avoid Eir at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭celt262

Not a contradiction mind you I wrote it as if I were drunk lol. What I meant to say was I left Sky and didn't get any offers to stay so I signed up with Eir. Eir are awful I cancelled within 3 days and was glad I still had a few weeks left on my Sky before it was completely gone.

Sky has now finished the cancellation and now that I would be only too happy to bite their hand off for an offer I am getting nothing. I even tried signing up as a new customer under my sons details, so new name , new bank details and new email. It wouldn't let me set up as a new customer. Came up with an error saying this address was previously registered and can't be used to set up a new account.

I was wondering if anyone has had a call with an offer after Sky have gone to the trouble of sending out the returns packaging.

Would it be possible to miss spell part of your address so there system would not pick up on it? Carrick - Carrcik

• Registered Users Posts: 15,812 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ring them
    tell them you just moved in

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Has anyone ever got the half price for 9 months (TV/Broadband/Phone) and a discount on Sky Sports? The €40 on Sky Sports is a killer.

I left Sky few months ago and never got any "come back to SKY" offers.

€19 a month for multi room is also dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Rang today as my sub is up ....no change 🀔 paying 55p/m for the old essentials and kids .....new customers getting more or less the same for 30 with signature & kids ....can't believe sky still pulling this ****e

Vego wrote: »
    Rang today as my sub is up ....no change �� paying 55p/m for the old essentials and kids .....new customers getting more or less the same for 30 with signature & kids ....can't believe sky still pulling this ****e

Leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭paska

celt262 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to miss spell part of your address so there system would not pick up on it? Carrick - Carrcik

Just say 34 street name flat B

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I filled in the "Cancel" request form linked here earlier, on Nov 24th, still no contact from Sky. If there's nothing soon, I'm going to have to contact them saying there may have been a mistake!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Vego wrote: »
    Rang today as my sub is up ....no change 🀔 paying 55p/m for the old essentials and kids .....new customers getting more or less the same for 30 with signature & kids ....can't believe sky still pulling this ****e

Looks like I'm staying with sky ...got quite a discount 👌

Advertisement