Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nest Hub - €59.99

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Plascebo wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend this for the bedroom? Would be mainly used as an alarm clock and radio.

They are fantastic as an alarm & radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Can you cast from any app to this? Or is it just Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

nialldinho wrote: »
    Can you cast from any app to this? Or is it just Netflix?

You can cast to it - I've used it with Spotify, TuneIn, Google Photos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

JDxtra wrote: »
    You can cast to it - I've used it with Spotify, TuneIn, Google Photos etc.

The only app it doesn't work (that I've tested) with is amazon prime video. I understand why but I think its short sighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shamrock65

just got an email to say mine has been dispatched after 10 days since i ordered i hope its worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

shamrock65 wrote: »
    just got an email to say mine has been dispatched after 10 days since i ordered i hope its worth it

It must be back in stock as the 'Buy' button has re-appeared. It's also gone back up to full price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It must be back in stock as the 'Buy' button has re-appeared. It's also gone back up to full price though.

Yep, full price now. Pity! Just missed this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Email in with the hub now at €88

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Marked Expired

Any changes report this and a mod can update the title, thanks.

Google having a one-day sales event on the 27th. Might be a chance to pick the hub up at a cheap price.

• Advertisement

Back in stock on Google Ireland store (grey only) for €58.53.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Back in stock on Google Ireland store (grey only) for €58.53.

Delivery not until 24/25th November though!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Delivery not until 24/25th November though!

I ordered 1st September, and it said delivery end of October, but I got it a week or 10 day ago.

Has anybody ordered these from any places in the UK with any success. They're still showing on Argos UK and Currys UK as £59.99.
    Cheapest I can find them in Ireland is €89.99

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Has anybody ordered these from any places in the UK with any success. They're still showing on Argos UK and Currys UK as £59.99.
    Cheapest I can find them in Ireland is €89.99

I have purchased from Currys UK in the past, but have had orders from Argos UK cancelled. Obviously you need to use mail forwarding.

The nest hub was back down to around €70 just recently in another sale Google had. It was €90 less 21% or something, not that that's any use to you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Basil3 wrote: »
    I have purchased from Currys UK in the past, but have had orders from Argos UK cancelled. Obviously you need to use mail forwarding.

The nest hub was back down to around €70 just recently in another sale Google had. It was €90 less 21% or something, not that that's any use to you now.

They will most likely have a big sale about a week before black Friday also.

Weird stock issues on Google Ireland store. I ordered one on Oct. 6th for €58.53 and it is marked for delivery on Nov. 24th. You can't even order one today on the Irish store at full price because there is no stock. Yet on the UK store, they've no issues and even additional colours!

It used to be easy to order directly from the UK store if paying via PayPal, but they've closed that gap. :(

I bought one off of the Google UK store via Parcel Motel. All in, cost me about €65 (that includes delivery to my door via Parcel Motel)
    Was on the waitlist on the Google Ireland store, but when I saw that they were in stock in the UK, I bought it there instead.
    Ordered on the 13th, arrived in Parcel Motel on the 15th, and arrived to me on the 19th

I bought one off of the Google UK store via Parcel Motel. All in, cost me about €65 (that includes delivery to my door via Parcel Motel)
    Was on the waitlist on the Google Ireland store, but when I saw that they were in stock in the UK, I bought it there instead.
    Ordered on the 13th, arrived in Parcel Motel on the 15th, and arrived to me on the 19th

Did you pay with Revolut or similar?

Did you pay with Revolut or similar?

Yeah, bought it via Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

Thought I'd order one of these and try it out- have to say i'm really impressed.. use it in the bedroom, mainly as a photo frame and nothing else.. find the news feed disappointing, get the rte news from yep days ago, can't find a fix online..

Ordered from uk site using Revolut and DPD parcel wizard.. will definitely be buying a few for the family as Xmas presents this year+hopefully they come down on price again...

Nest Hub is down to €68.53 in the Google Store, it was €88.
    I ordered one. It says Delivery Dec 31 - Jan 01. That wouldn't be great. Hopefully that's the worst case delivery date.

https://store.google.ie/product/google_nest_hub

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Nest Hub is down to €68.53 in the Google Store, it was €88.
    I ordered one. It says Delivery Dec 31 - Jan 01. That wouldn't be great. Hopefully that's the worst case delivery date.

https://store.google.ie/product/google_nest_hub

Last one I ordered took 6 weeks to arrive, so don't count on it!

Hb2QK1I.png

Last one I ordered took 6 weeks to arrive, so don't count on it!

You were right. I ordered the Nest Hub last week on the Google Store and it's just been sitting there.
    So searched around. They're reduced everywhere. PowerCity have them for €69.99 so I just ordered there for click & collect and cancelled the Google order. About 5 minutes later I received the mail saying it's ready for pickup.

I've no idea why Google can't get their Store in order. This stuff shouldn't be hard. They probably just don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheers yeah I just cancelled mine and picked it up in powercity. Google are a disaster at most things.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement