Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jabra Elite 65t Wireless earbuds €99

• 23-05-2020 10:52am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

100-99000000-60_1.jpg?fit=fill&bg=0FFF&w=833&h=555&auto=format,compress

I know these were mentioned a few weeks ago, but now that Harvey Norman stores are open again thought they were worth a mention.
    I cant find them cheaper anywhere else then Harvey Norman :eek:

They are around awhile now so the battery life isn't on par with the most current ear buds but they stand up in other specs.

Buy online or instore €99 - stock in all stores at time of posting.
    • Secure fitting earbuds with three different size ear gels included for custom comfort
    • Take work calls from home. Incredible 4-microphone technology offers best-in-class call performance, with all-day battery for maximum productivity even when you’re working from home on your smartphone
    • Third generation true wireless; remember to update your firmware in the Jabra Sound+ app to experience the high sound quality
    • AutoPause your sound when removing one earbud and AutoPower off to save your battery
    • 5 hours of battery on a single charge and 15 hours with charging case
    • One touch access to Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant
    • Find my Jabra earbuds functionality via the Sound+ app

Price comparison: On offer in Currys also, €119 is the closet price.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Was about to purchase and then realised they use DPD.
    Had terrible experiences with DPD the past couple of weeks. (lost items)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

Anjunadeep wrote: »

Anjunadeep man. Listened to some tinlicker sets there over the past few weeks of lockdown and it's kept me going.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Anjunadeep wrote: »

Yeah all couriers are up the walls in fairness so I wouldn't let that put me off.
    I posted this as the stores are open again if you are close to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

Davy wrote: »
    Yeah all couriers are up the walls in fairness so I wouldn't let that put me off.
    I posted this as the stores are open again if you are close to one.

Good price,and decent review on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I bought these when they came out two years ago.

At the time I think they were the best. They fit snuggly, the case is handy once you get used to opening it with the ends. The buds sit in tip first which is annoying because the case can get kinda ear waxy quickly if you're not wiping them down every time you put them in.

I had one issue with a bud and Jabra replaced it basically no questions asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

errlloyd wrote: »
    I bought these when they came out two years ago.

At the time I think they were the best. They fit snuggly, the case is handy once you get used to opening it with the ends. The buds sit in tip first which is annoying because the case can get kinda ear waxy quickly if you're not wiping them down every time you put them in.

I had one issue with a bud and Jabra replaced it basically no questions asked.

Jabra's customer service is second to none in my experience.

ectoraige wrote: »
    Jabra's customer service is second to none in my experience.

Good to hear, wished this was last week just bought similar for my smallie for e 129

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I bought these 2 months ago:

Pros
    Great microphones for calls
    Good connection for music/calls

Cons
    Very average sound quality for music
    The size of them leaves my ears hurting
    Wax buildup in the charging case

Overall the only benefit they have over my €30 Xiaomi Airdots are the microphone quality. Music sounds better on the cheaper ones and they are far more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The creative outliers might be a better option. They get good reviews. They are regularly on sale

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

Fantastic earbud, use these for listening to music and at work for calls. Tried cheaper but these are awesome . Good app which you can change your settings on . Great microphone, great product.

3 cons
    Micro Usb - a pain when compared to usb c

As someone alluded to opening the case . Its a pain unless you go from the sides.

The 75t. Its newer, would you regret getting the 65t when you know theres a 75t, ( havent tried the 75t) just speculating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Username here

Fantastic earbud, use these for listening to music and at work for calls. Tried cheaper but these are awesome . Good app which you can change your settings on . Great microphone, great product.

3 cons
    Micro Usb - a pain when compared to usb c

As someone alluded to opening the case . Its a pain unless you go from the sides.

The 75t. Its newer, would you regret getting the 65t when you know theres a 75t, ( havent tried the 75t) just speculating

Hey, as you have these, perhaps you could tell me - are there 2 mics in each ear piece? I prefer to use a single ear piece in my left ear for calls as work, but if all 4 mics are in the right ear piece, then obviously this wouldn't work for me.

Thanks.

Hey, as you have these, perhaps you could tell me - are there 2 mics in each ear piece? I prefer to use a single ear piece in my left ear for calls as work, but if all 4 mics are in the right ear piece, then obviously this wouldn't work for me.

Thanks.

You can’t use the left earbud only because the left connects to the right and the right connects to the phone/device. This is the case for many earbuds unfortunately.

Kolido wrote: »
    The creative outliers might be a better option. They get good reviews. They are regularly on sale

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets
    Look good

BBMcQ wrote: »
    You can’t use the left earbud only because the left connects to the right and the right connects to the phone/device. This is the case for many earbuds unfortunately.

FFS; the search continues, so. Thanks for info.

FFS; the search continues, so. Thanks for info.

Can't see why you can't use use one bud. You have to make sure they're both out of the case, though.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Can't see why you can't use use one bud. You have to make sure they're both out of the case, though.

Fairly sure I read these auto cut off when you remove them from the ear, so if the right one is not in the ear it may be an issue, plus I still haven't been able to determine if there are any mics on the left earpiece (which obviously would be a dealbreaker).

Fairly sure I read these auto cut off when you remove them from the ear, so if the right one is not in the ear it may be an issue, plus I still haven't been able to determine if there are any mics on the left earpiece (which obviously would be a dealbreaker).

Two things I found online:
    If you remove one of the earbuds while you are listening to music, the music will automatically pause. To resume the music, place the earbud back in your ear within 60 seconds. To resume mono playback in the right earbud, press the Multi-function button.
    Hello Joe - Both the left and right earbuds of the Jabra Elite Active 65t have microphones, so both will be used during calls to pick up your voice. Only the right earbud can be used independently, either for calls or music.

So I guess you can't use them how you want, with only the left.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Two things I found online:

So I guess you can't use them how you want, with only the left.

Thanks for that, Basil.

Both earbuds have 2 mics I believe. They “beam-form” similarly to Apple AirPods and others to give much better audio that they should for being so far away from your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Haylou GT1 are a bargain, get them off aliexpress for 20 EURO delivered
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/4844017?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5a9c4218XwggZO
    or just get the Xiaomi airdots of amazon,co,uk for £20
    Haylou are a Xiaomi subsidiary, have the Haylou GT1's a year and they are working as good as day one, great battery life, great sound, fit in ear is comfortable and i have had zero problems, what more do you want for 20 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The trick is to press on the little tab, push in then up.

beno619 wrote: »
    The trick is to press on the little tab, push in then up.

Yep you just squeeze the little raised line on the lid and push open.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭garyfleming7

I got them as a present when they came out. Still use them regularly. Battery life is excellent. Good for running.

They get a bit dirty, so does the case and only the right ear works on it's own. Signal can get funny when on the Luas near driver.

Apart from that they come highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Signal can get funny when on the Luas near driver.

I always wondered if this was just my pair!

I look like a psycho when I am on a near-empty luas and I keep moving seats to get better earbud reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Bought a pair myself and I use them a lot for calls. The hearthrough facilitity is great and so is the microphone.

Only issue I have is that they do hurt my ears after a while but maybe all ear buds do. I bought Comply foam tips but they hurt too. All of them seem to come loose if I talk a lot.

Azatadine wrote: »
    Bought a pair myself and I use them a lot for calls. The hearthrough facilitity is great and so is the microphone.

Only issue I have is that they do hurt my ears after a while but maybe all ear buds do. I bought Comply foam tips but they hurt too. All of them seem to come loose if I talk a lot.

Certainly not an isolated case. The pain in my ears was so bad that I sent them back to Amazon for a full refund. I stoped wasting my time and just got AirPods.

I might try Comply small foam tips as a last resort but after that I think I'll throw the towel in too if they don't work. I'm surprised there's not more noise about them being uncomfortable. I wouldn't have bought them if I'd known that cos they are not cheap....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Azatadine wrote: »
    I'm surprised there's not more noise about them being uncomfortable. .

maybe that's because they are not uncomfortable for most? have them for 2 years or so now, wear them maninly for running, up to a couple of hours, so lots of bouncing around, have also used them for hours on flights and no issues either.

everyones ears are different,so while they might not fit you that doesn't mean they are neccesarily an uncomfortable earphone. every make will be uncomfortable in somones ears.

I had the B&W wired in-ears, and loved them, the most comfortable in-ears i have tried. they released the new version, which looked identical, and i couldn't wear them for more than 10 minutes.

really is hit and miss with in-ears

I took a punt on the Comply foam small tips. They are a big improvement on the silicon tips provided (for my ears anyway). Pretty happy with them actually.

The small Comply are more like the medium silicon size that came with the ear buds in size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

BBMcQ wrote: »

a real pain in the swiss roll. you have to look for "true wireless" and that will allow you to get left and right buds separately.

Advertisement