Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No screensaver(s) on Saorview radio channels

• 10-06-2019 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Can anyone offer some info as to why there is no screensaver on the Saorview radio channels? It seems to be activated automatically on Freesat radio channels but not SV. Or perhaps I'm overlooking a setting somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

peking97 wrote: »
    Can anyone offer some info as to why there is no screensaver on the Saorview radio channels? It seems to be activated automatically on Freesat radio channels but not SV. Or perhaps I'm overlooking a setting somewhere?

Device/OS/settings dependent ........ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

My Walker and Toshiba TVs don't have a screensaver option as such, the Walker launches
    an MHEG-5 channel I.D. slate, while the Toshiba launches an HbbTV channel I.D. slate similar to the Walker one plus a programme info slate. An 11 year old Sony TV I had did have a screensaver option, settings selectable, while the radio channels were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭peking97

Device/OS/settings dependent ........ ?

TV is a Saorview approved 32" LG 32LB580V from about 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Antenna

Also why isn't Aertel accessible when receiving RTE radio on Saorview?

( in contrast I can access BBC's teletext service when on freesat BBC radio stations)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The station banner used to drift around the screen when you listened to a Saorview radio station. Or did it used to flip from left to right every now and then? Either way, its now fixed on the left side of your TV screen and it's not a device setting.

Static text used to burn into CRT screens long ago. If you remember the early ATM screens, you'll remember this. But colour images don't burn themselves into flatscreens so it's not really necessary to 'save' the screen any more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

coylemj wrote: »
    Static text used to burn into CRT screens long ago. If you remember the early ATM screens, you'll remember this. But colour images don't burn themselves into flatscreens so it's not really necessary to 'save' the screen any more.
    Still an issue for whatever amount of plasma screens are still alive and whatever few who have OLED TV's.

Advertisement