Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problem with RTE Aertel?

• 04-06-2019 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭

I haven't been able to access Aertel from RTE (Three Rock transmitter) on any of my TVs from early this morning. It's just hanging on the "Loading" graphic. Anyone else having issues with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Yes, same here, Mullaghanish.
    Hardly ever use it now, wouldn't have known if you hadn't posted.

They did some HbbTV testing late last year, the eventual replacement for MHEG-5 Aertel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Same everywhere probably
    Online version still there...
    https://www.rte.ie/aertel/desktopxhtml/100-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

The old Teletext version is stuck on stories from around noon on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Until this morning the old Teletext version has been stuck on stories from 24th July .

By this evening they have stopped transmitting pages up to pg 206.

The only updates are on pg888

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

Is this still an issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Aertel on TV carried Monday's news items all day Tuesday.
    Since yesterday, it has been almost unreadable. Single words are appearing as paragraphs down the screen, instead of across. You can hardly make out a sentence, as the text just runs off the page.

Shambles of a service.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The WST version is ancient tech that practically nobody is using now, and once VM analogue switch off is finished the only people who will be able to get it will be the minority of Sky subscribers who still connect via SCART.

As for the MHEG-5 version, even that’s relatively long in the tooth now. The promised OpenTV version never arrived on Sky either. I’m not sure it would be missed, but RTE are under a legal obligation to provide a teletext service (though of course the MHEG version isn’t strictly teletext).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Seems to be back fully this evening. All up to date for the first time in several weeks. I missed it while it was off, it is very outdated and quite crappy but still manages to be one of the best things that RTE broadcasts :rolleyes:

Advertisement