Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walker saorview box - lost RTE 1 reception?

• 27-05-2019 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I recently purchased a walker saorview box. I was able to install all terrestrial stations and satellite channels okay. Then after a few days I lost RTE 1 reception. I reprogrammed box from the start but the RTE 1 station has not returned. Could somebody advise me how I can get RTE 1 working again. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Have you got RTE1+1, RTE2+1, RTEJr and VM3?

They are on the same frequency as RTE1 so generally if you lose RTE1, the others listed above might also be missing which would point to a signal problem (transmitter, aerial, cable).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Queen B 123

Over the last 2 weeks my RTE1 has been very contrary, but it got so bad (disappearing most of the day) that I did a rescan and now it has completely disappeared from the list of channels available along with RTE1+1, RTE2+1, RTE Jr and Virgin 3 (as well as the Saorview info channel for some odd reason). My other channels are perfect.

I'm in North County Dublin. I've sent Saorview a support message to see if they can help but nothing back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭decor58

Over the last 2 weeks my RTE1 has been very contrary, but it got so bad (disappearing most of the day) that I did a rescan and now it has completely disappeared from the list of channels available along with RTE1+1, RTE2+1, RTE Jr and Virgin 3 (as well as the Saorview info channel for some odd reason). My other channels are perfect.

Most likely an aerial issue, is the aerial indoor or outdoor, it may have moved slightly. RTE1 should be on ch33 in your area, go into manual tuning and adjust your aerial, there should be a signal indicator. RTE2 etc are on ch30, so you will have to get a balance between both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Queen B 123

Thanks Decor58.

It's a fairly good indoor aeriel and I thought the same initially but no amount of tweaking it and manual tuning is fixing it either. I tried that before doing a rescan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Mux 2 signal from Clermont Carn (Ch. 56) has reduced somewhat on both my TVs over last few weeks. I am using a preamplified Triax 52 W/B aerial and up until recently the signal was rock solid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement