Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saorview on LG 55" Smart TV

• 21-05-2019 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hi all, have cut free from Virgin Media, kept the broadband and before i look at any streaming / iptv options i thought i might see if saorview alone will do the job.

The telly is saorview ready, found this https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1074815/Trail/searchtext%3ETV+AERIAL.htm aerial on argos, just want to know from someone who has done this is it easy to go about and does this particular aerial do the job, I live in nth Dublin so I imagine I am in good coverage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

That aerial in Argos says it gives coverage 3 miles from transmitter, doubt it will work on the Northside of the city. The aerial needs to be pointed towards Three Rock mountain

Once you have the aerial connected to the input on the back of your TV, go Broadcasting and Auto Scan and scan for Air or Terrestrial Digital only and stations should appear when scanning CH 30 and CH 33

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dotty145

I’m in the same boat same TVs, I just went out and bought a roof aerial and dish to be fitted this weekend, DIY job, so here’s hoping it all works out and I don’t fall off the roof.

I’m hoping I’ll get all the Irish saorview and English freesat channels without an additional STB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

dotty145 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat same TVs, I just went out and bought a roof aerial and dish to be fitted this weekend, DIY job, so here’s hoping it all works out and I don’t fall off the roof.

I’m hoping I’ll get all the Irish saorview and English freesat channels without an additional STB.
    Let me know how it works out, freetoair or freesat?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dotty145

BKWDR wrote: »
    Let me know how it works out, freetoair or freesat?

Done all the wiring work Saturday (4hrs) and aligned the dish this morning about another hour

Got all the channels I needed on the LG tv saorview and free sat all in one place.

Selected the tv to United Kingdom with a London post code and they all scanned in well impressed

All in all cost me just shy of €275 for 4 points in the house

Advertisement