Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-05-2019, 15:39   #1
BKWDR

Saorview on LG 55" Smart TV

Hi all, have cut free from Virgin Media, kept the broadband and before i look at any streaming / iptv options i thought i might see if saorview alone will do the job.

The telly is saorview ready, found this https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/...ETV+AERIAL.htm aerial on argos, just want to know from someone who has done this is it easy to go about and does this particular aerial do the job, I live in nth Dublin so I imagine I am in good coverage.
Advertisement
22-05-2019, 16:53   #2
mackersdublin

That aerial in Argos says it gives coverage 3 miles from transmitter, doubt it will work on the Northside of the city. The aerial needs to be pointed towards Three Rock mountain

Once you have the aerial connected to the input on the back of your TV, go Broadcasting and Auto Scan and scan for Air or Terrestrial Digital only and stations should appear when scanning CH 30 and CH 33
Thanks from:
22-05-2019, 18:37   #3
dotty145

I’m in the same boat same TVs, I just went out and bought a roof aerial and dish to be fitted this weekend, DIY job, so here’s hoping it all works out and I don’t fall off the roof.

I’m hoping I’ll get all the Irish saorview and English freesat channels without an additional STB.
22-05-2019, 23:03   #4
BKWDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotty145 View Post
I’m in the same boat same TVs, I just went out and bought a roof aerial and dish to be fitted this weekend, DIY job, so here’s hoping it all works out and I don’t fall off the roof.

I’m hoping I’ll get all the Irish saorview and English freesat channels without an additional STB.
Let me know how it works out, freetoair or freesat?
27-05-2019, 14:22   #5
dotty145

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKWDR View Post
Let me know how it works out, freetoair or freesat?
Done all the wiring work Saturday (4hrs) and aligned the dish this morning about another hour

Got all the channels I needed on the LG tv saorview and free sat all in one place.

Selected the tv to United Kingdom with a London post code and they all scanned in well impressed

All in all cost me just shy of €275 for 4 points in the house
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion