Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-05-2019, 19:03   #1
dominatinMC

Hal Higdon Half Marathon 3 (HM3)

Hi All,

Not sure if I should be creating a new thread here, but I didn't see one that was directly related to the topic at hand. Basically, I'm looking for some advice/feedback on the Hal Higdon Half Marathon 3 training program. Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone on here has tried it, and how successful/unsuccessful it was.

A bit of background on myself. I ran my first half in Barcelona earlier this year, with no structured training routine, other than a bit of residual GAA fitness, and 1-2 runs per week, where I just added on more km's each time. Looking back on it, and from what I now know, this was a naive way of approaching it, but I completed it in 1:57 which was decent enough considering my training. I now want to take a more structured, systematic approach, with a proper training plan - in an effort to beat 1:50, or at least get under 1:55. I've been looking at training plans online, and came across the Hal Higdon one. It appeals to me as, due to work commitments (mostly travel), I can't train 5-6 times a week, as most conventional training plans recommend. 3 times a week is perfect for me, but I would appreciate any feedback or opinions on the plan.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
26-05-2019, 20:27   #2
Murph_D

Might have been good to link to the plan. Have done a basic HH marathon schedule so I’ve no doubt it will get you around, and you’ll probably improve on last time out anyway so should hit the goal. Mind you, you seem to want to improve, and 3 runs per week isn’t a big commitment, so if you want to really explore your potential you might reconsider.

Last edited by Murph_D; 26-05-2019 at 20:48.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion