Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Runners for around 100e

• 20-05-2019 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    would you be able to recommend a decent pair of runners for doing a 5k run in?

At the moment I'm only hiting 3k on a thread mill but going to start training for a 5k run with some friends in work .

Just using a pair of Nikes at the moment (picked for style rather than actually running!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Hi All,
    would you be able to recommend a decent pair of runners for doing a 5k run in?

At the moment I'm only hiting 3k on a thread mill but going to start training for a 5k run with some friends in work .

Just using a pair of Nikes at the moment (picked for style rather than actually running!

Just go to a proper running shop like Runhub or Runlogic and try out a load of pairs in your price range and pick the one that feels most comfortable. Everyone is different and it’s unhelpful to just recommend a specific pair as they might not suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Murph_D wrote: »
    Just go to a proper running shop like Runhub or Runlogic and try out a load of pairs in your price range and pick the one that feels most comfortable. Everyone is different and it’s unhelpful to just recommend a specific pair as they might not suit you.
    Thanks Murph..sounds better to be honest..theres a lot of choices and I guess what suits one person wouldn't nessarily suit someone else.

You were right Murph_D...tried on a few pairs after getting my feet measured etc and then they filmed me to see how my ankles etc behaved while running.

So yeah a bit more to it than picking a pair and walking off in them.

Ended up getting a pair of new balance 860s for 140 euro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

You were right Murph_D...tried on a few pairs after getting my feet measured etc and then they filmed me to see how my ankles etc behaved while running.

So yeah a bit more to it than picking a pair and walking off in them.

Ended up getting a pair of new balance 860s for 140 euro's.

Can I ask where you went to get it done? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I see you got a pair already but for anyone else looking, I got a pair of Nike Lunarglide 9 in the Blanch outlet for less than €60, down from around €110-120 last year. I've seen some good prices on the likes of Amazon for a lot of running shoes too.

They're my go to shoe as they have good support.

I've seen a few articles suggesting that overpronation is a bit of a myth?

• Advertisement

mutley18 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you went to get it done? :)
    Runhub on Aungier Street.

Have to admit...never seen customer service like it!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Runhub on Aungier Street.

Have to admit...never seen customer service like it!.

Thanks! I must check them out next time I am nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I've seen a few articles suggesting that overpronation is a bit of a myth?

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/the-real-science-of-sport-podcast/id1461719225?i=1000438964123

Advertisement