Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Play again after a miss with snookers required?

• 29-05-2019 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭

Was playing a game of snooker last night, I was 36 in the lead with just the colours remaining. I tried to play safe by hitting the yellow very thin but ended up missing it and leaving my opponent snookered, and with a free ball.

I know he cant put me back, and even if he could I wasn't snookered so no advantage of him to do that anyway. but can he make me play again from current position when snookers are required? Free ball wasn't much good to him as he didn't have an easy pot on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

etxp wrote: »
    Was playing a game of snooker last night, I was 36 in the lead with just the colours remaining. I tried to play safe by hitting the yellow very thin but ended up missing it and leaving my opponent snookered, and with a free ball.

I know he cant put me back, and even if he could I wasn't snookered so no advantage of him to do that anyway. but can he make me play again from current position when snookers are required? Free ball wasn't much good to him as he didn't have an easy pot on.

Yes, after a foul you always, regardless of score, have the option to ask your opponent to 'play again' from where the balls have landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Yes, after a foul you always, regardless of score, have the option to ask your opponent to 'play again' from where the balls have landed.

Thanks, will know for next time. I tried reading the rules but the way they are worded confused me.

Advertisement