Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Magown3 wrote: »
    Infoanon wrote: »
    With Petrucci now confirmed at Ducati and Miller expected to resign at Pramac there are officially only 2 unfilled seats for 2020 - Rabat seat at Avintia and Hyffins seat at Tech 3.

Binder and Shrotter are rumoured to be moving up to Moto gp

I wouldn't be surprised if 2 more opened up for next year either:
    • Zarco's KTM seat
    • Lorenzo's Honda seat

:pac::D
    Lorenzo - No ,bigger issue for Honda is no one else can ride that Honda
    Zarco - very possible ,another bad quali while Pol is just going faster and faster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Magown3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if 2 more opened up for next year either:
    • Zarco's KTM seat
    • Lorenzo's Honda seat

:pac::D

i can see lorenzo retiring at the end of his honda contract if he lasts that long. he is getting on in the years and he has a fair few injuries and cant seem to control the honda.

cant remember where i heard or read it but apparently he was offered a seat on the petronis yamaha before he signed for honda but turned it down saying "a 5 time world champion doesnt ride a satellite bike" think it would of been a better choice for him imho

zarco's time on that ktm is not looking like it will last much longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

But don't forget he had no real pre season testing because of injuries. He hasn't had very long to get used to the bike and I think he was trying a bit too hard. I'm no fan of his but he's not going to be anywhere near the front of the pack after just 6 or 7 race weekends.

If he's still there next year I would expect big improvements. Look at his stint at Ducati and that is supposedly a harder bike to manage.

pablo128 wrote: »
    But don't forget he had no real pre season testing because of injuries. He hasn't had very long to get used to the bike and I think he was trying a bit too hard. I'm no fan of his but he's not going to be anywhere near the front of the pack after just 6 or 7 race weekends.

If he's still there next year I would expect big improvements. Look at his stint at Ducati and that is supposedly a harder bike to manage.
    It's generally acknowledged that the Yamaha is the easiest bike to ride but who this time last year expected the Yamaha to have 3 front row starts in a row , the Honda was a dream option for Lorenzo.

Who could have forseen Fabio on a year old Yamaha having 3 poles !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭XsApollo

The satellite Yamahas have always went well at the start of the year.
    But Quartararo is special by the looks of it and might be the next person to challenge Marc.
    I think he is a better shout than maverick to make that step.

As for Lorenzo , he obviously is very specific about what he needs but when he gets it he will be fast and win.
    If he was still on the Ducati who knows what he would be doing this year.
    He had a rough time lately , and preseason also.
    He isn’t going anywhere and Honda have no problem making 2 different machines.
    I’m not a fan but when he came good on the Duc I was impressed and can see him coming good on the Honda also when he gets it where he wants it.

• Advertisement

Brad Binder confirmed at KTM Tech 3 for 2020

Brad Binder confirmed at KTM Tech 3 for 2020

which rider is been replaced?

Delighted that Tito Rabat has re signed with Avintia for the next 2 Seasons .

Factory bikes have been mentioned so a deal with Suzuki or less likely Aprilla seems in the offering.

Presently with year old Ducati a satellite operation to a factory has long been rumoured.

With Titos deal done and dusted that should be the 2020 moto gp line up completed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I’ve just lost BT Sport so I need to sort something out to watch the MotoGP. Does anyone here have the MotoGP video pass how does it compare with BTs coverage?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

h3000 wrote: »
    I’ve just lost BT Sport so I need to sort something out to watch the MotoGP. Does anyone here have the MotoGP video pass how does it compare with BTs coverage?
    Likewise here. There is an app for Android called "Mobdro" I have just installed it on a mobile and am using chromecast on tv. All sports channels are available. Seems good at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

h3000 wrote: »
    Videopass is very good,full library of races (going back many years ) and Simon Crafar is good alas no Keith Huewen or indeed Hodgie.

Given the price Sky want for BT Videopass is definitely an option to be looked at.
    In the past they have offered half price deals if signing mid way into the season

Videopass is very good,full library of races (going back many years ) and Simon Crafar is good alas no Keith Huewen or indeed Hodgie.

Given the price Sky want for BT Videopass is definitely an option to be looked at.
    In the past they have offered half price deals if signing mid way into the season

The Videopass is half price right now actually. I do like most of the BT team though but as you said Sky are looking for mad money.

Championship is over already anyway

The Nal wrote: »
    Championship is over already anyway
    That's arguable - there's still Moto 2 & 3, and if you cant get excited by a championship with 5 different bikes in the top 5 including a wildcard in FP1 at one of the most iconic circuits I'm the world (TV does not do justice to 'Honda' hill and the banking going on to the main straight at Brno) ....best motorsport series in the world

That's arguable - there's still Moto 2 & 3, and if you cant get excited by a championship with 5 different bikes in the top 5 including a wildcard in FP1 at one of the most iconic circuits I'm the world (TV does not do justice to 'Honda' hill and the banking going on to the main straight at Brno) ....best motorsport series in the world

Agree 100%. Ill be watching every corner of every race but Marquez has it one again halfway through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

All i can say here is take a bow son

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1157594538476736514

So much for the 2020 Moto GP line up being settled....

On Thursday Jack Miller confirmed a rumour that Lorenzo might take his seat at Pramac ! , at the same time Alex Marquez was rumoured to be on the verge of signing for Petronas Yamaha for 2021.....then the word is Yamaha top brass have blocked it followed by today's revelation that Jorge has offered his services to Petronas Yamaha for 2021......

Chances of see Jorge on a Honda again ??

So much for the 2020 Moto GP line up being settled....

On Thursday Jack Miller confirmed a rumour that Lorenzo might take his seat at Pramac ! , at the same time Alex Marquez was rumoured to be on the verge of signing for Petronas Yamaha for 2021.....then the word is Yamaha top brass have blocked it followed by today's revelation that Jorge has offered his services to Petronas Yamaha for 2021......

Chances of see Jorge on a Honda again ??

very interesting.

why would yamaha block alex? fear of him sharing data with marc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Didn’t Jarvis say before that having Alex in the team wouldn’t be a good idea considering his brother is riding for the main rival.
    Or something along them lines anyway.

• Advertisement

XsApollo wrote: »
    Didn’t Jarvis say before that having Alex in the team wouldn’t be a good idea considering his brother is riding for the main rival.
    Or something along them lines anyway.
    Yes - the Yamaha bosses don't like the idea of having March brother in the team and Lin Jarvis went public on this last year.
    Possibly Marc interference in the Rossi/Lorenzo championship year is a reason as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

No-one can ride that Honda except MM93, just imagine if Honda didn't have him as a rider, where they would be for the last 5 years?
    Crutchlow, Bradl, Lorenzo have all tried and failed at making the best of the RCV.
    Pedrosa was an able pilot but not quite good enough to make himself champion.

Lorenzo apparently said he'd ride for free for Ducati in the Pramac team which wouldn't make much sense to me but the rider market is a strange one.
    Bumping Miller for Lorenzo would be a bad move I think it seems like Jack is starting to get to grips with the Ducati and making some progress.

Lorenzo has now committed to Honda for 2020 apparently. .....

nice to see john mcphee wearing a mega-bikes Dublin cap on the grid

Great last few laps. Ballsy from Dovi.

The Nal wrote: »
    Great last few laps. Ballsy from Dovi.

Great ride by dovi. Leaves a very small chance of him winning the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭christy c

F1 fan mostly but was flicking through the channels and saw this on. Picked a good time to watch my first full one!

Epic ! , in years to come I think we will look back at the Dovi / Marquez battles as some of the greatest of all time

I think Dovizioso is one of the most underrated riders ever. I would have loved to see how he would get on if Honda kept him in 2012.

• Advertisement

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/927410/1/johann-zarco-leave-ktm

no big shock there. zarco to leave ktm at end of the season. only problem is where does he go now?

LCR maybe?

Advertisement